shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post

Common misconception. Macs run Intel. Most of them. A PC can do the same thing. Run Pro-tools? A field dominated by macs. Check. Run Video editing software? check. Photoshop? Check.

Don't see the point and don't understand how mac-trend caught on to be "industry standard"
    My other job actually insists we use Macs for our work and really I don't even use much on it any more that I couldn't also use on a PC. But I know I've had it drilled in my head repeatedly that there are certain aspects of what we do that a Mac is essential. I however would have no bloody clue what they are to be honest.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    My other job actually insists we use Macs for our work and really I don't even use much on it any more that I couldn't also use on a PC. But I know I've had it drilled in my head repeatedly that there are certain aspects of what we do that a Mac is essential. I however would have no bloody clue what they are to be honest.
    There is no difference. The only possible reason is because they run Unix. Which means you have 99.9% no worry that you are going to crash. On a windows computer you have a 99.8% chance of crashing.

Other than that, i can promise you there is no residual benefit of owning a mac over a pc. They both do the same thing only one has a much wider support for it (Windows).

If people start trying to prove otherwise, its because they are a)partial to mac or b) clueless and go off what other mac users say.

You'll see it from both sides. Oh PCs get viruses. Macs are for pretentious assholes. I can tell you if you know how to use a computer or understand it. You'll never have an issue with a PC.
    Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 11-26-11 at 10:44 AM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Shari you fukk send me one pal. I'll teach your boy how to skate.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I have been a PC owner for about 18 years now....I have never had a crash and only once gotten a virus. Have had Dell, Toshiba, HP, Compaq....not a single issue. AND I have been known to visit a shady site here and there

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I been doing my homework JJ. Most people don't need a mac. I'm hearing a lot of good things about Samsung series 9.
    good work Trigger

use your head and look for a good deal

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

What kind of sales is Apple having for black friday weekend on macbooks? I've been thinking about getting one. Going to need one for sure in August.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Bottom line....if you can afford a Mac, you should get it.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Shari you fukk send me one pal. I'll teach your boy how to skate.
    Seriously come get it. I barely use either the desktop or Pro any more unless I know I might get caught not using it. And you're teaching him to skate regardless.

TodayIsForgotten - thank you for all of the insight. You've reinforced my belief that I really don't need a Mac for what I do in my personal life. I'm an Internet surfer when I'm not working... I could do that on my phone, let alone dropping a crapload on another Macbook. I have had an issue with this PC and that was after I installed Silverlight to watch a certain tv show. I kept getting DKNY ads pop up despite disabling pop ups. Once I uninstalled it though, I haven't had the problem since.

jjgold

I have a MAC and Shari is right..most people do not use it the way they are suppose to

I really do not need one

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    What kind of sales is Apple having for black friday weekend on macbooks? I've been thinking about getting one. Going to need one for sure in August.
    They had a one day in-store sale yesterday

Got the 13 inch macbook pro for 1174 including tax

You can probably get online a little cheaper because of no tax

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

deuce do not wait

go to best buy they have big sale

can save around $150

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Bottom line....if you can afford a Mac, you should get it.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

I can see Opie and I are the smart one's.

TodayIsForgotten

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    I can see Opie and I are the smart one's.

haha you guys are hilarious. I'm not ragging. if you like Macs you like macs. I personally don't care if my computer is constructed out of metal, or plastic. I care what the internals and display look like. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Seriously come get it. I barely use either the desktop or Pro any more unless I know I might get caught not using it. And you're teaching him to skate regardless.

TodayIsForgotten - thank you for all of the insight. You've reinforced my belief that I really don't need a Mac for what I do in my personal life. I'm an Internet surfer when I'm not working... I could do that on my phone, let alone dropping a crapload on another Macbook. I have had an issue with this PC and that was after I installed Silverlight to watch a certain tv show. I kept getting DKNY ads pop up despite disabling pop ups. Once I uninstalled it though, I haven't had the problem since.
    Absolutely, no problem. Hmm. As much as i hate silverlight (only installed it for BMs live betting). That is strange. In any case you got it resolved.

jjgold

75% of people that use Macs do not need them and only bought them because they re trendy
    Most people that have macs have no idea what graphic design is
    Most people that have macs use it for the internet

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    75% of people that use Macs do not need them and only bought them because they re trendy
    Most people that have macs have no idea what graphic design is
    Most people that have macs use it for the internet

good thing you never wanted an ipad.

TodayIsForgotten

good thing you never wanted an ipad.

True. JJ, just get the Asus Prime or wait for the windows 8 tablets.

jjgold

I would say windows 8 tablets will be much more net friendly than an IPAD
    Lets wait on sidelines

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

who's this clown begging for an ipad.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

who's this clown begging for an ipad.

probably filmed that video with an ipad

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

macs are so over-priced, i don't get why you would want to waste money on the name on the front of it.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    macs are so over-priced, i don't get why you would want to waste money on the name on the front of it.

I wasted money 2 years ago on one, sure they have very good longevity but they are not as compatible as people think with some popular applications whether web based or software based.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I wasted money 2 years ago on one, sure they have very good longevity but they are not as compatible as people think with some popular applications whether web based or software based.
    yes sir, that is true too. people always talk about the virus issue, which i don't get. i have never had any issue with viruses, really all you need to do is spend 25 dollars a year on an anti virus, or just not go on skeezy websites. firefox has a lot of safety features that will block virus webpages from each popping up.

First 12