Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

from a european point of view why do so many hate the Green Bay Packers?explain pleas

I mean as most of you know i am from germany,i love football,love the game,i have no favourite team, i just noticed that not many seems to like the packers?? why ?? maybe its similar to the phenomenon in german soccer or english soccer that the best teams , Bayern Munich and Manchester United are the most hated or what is it?? enlighten me please , happy thanksgiving

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

nahh green bay is liked quite a bit. There are more hated teams. The miami heat, the lakers, dallas cowboys. Usually when there are teams that are well liked by vocal fans, their are many people that hate them. People generally just hate good teams if they are not their favorite. You very rarely hear I hate the jacksonville jaguars or I hate the kansas city royals because they usually suck

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

for every hater there is a bandwagon fan who doesn't live anywhere near Green Bay but cheers for them when they are winning. The next year there will be a new hated team and that same bandwagon fan will be cheering for whoever won the super bowl or is undefeated.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

probably because people think of the packers as a road fave on thanksgiving as being a "public" side that the books are happy to have the public on, and are more likely to win with than lose with

i slightly disagree with that though, if i had to take a side I'd take packers -6, but i didnt bet the game

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

oh sorry, you meant the packers as a team, not the packers as a side in today's game, my mistake

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    oh sorry, you meant the packers as a team, not the packers as a side in today's game, my mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    yes

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because they are good. Same reason ppl hate the Steelers, Dallas, San Fran, and Pats. It's all about rings baby.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

wtf is a Green Bay anyway, sounds polluted.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Honestly, there are more GB bandwagoners than haters. I'm in Texas and most people here don't really care one way or the other about the Pack. Those that do are obsessed with them.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Penalties GB 0 Det 6

Even the commentators are saying it was a bad call and don't see it....rarely does that happen.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

not sure what you mean. You are wrong. Packers are not hated, not even close. I can think of ten more hated much worse

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    not sure what you mean. You are wrong. Packers are not hated, not even close. I can think of ten more hated much worse
    I just noticed in the last 2 weeks here that not many guys like them

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post

I just noticed in the last 2 weeks here that not many guys like them
    their market is not as big as any other team, the town i should call it only has 100k in population LOL and I think its only the team in the nfl that is own by the public. You can own the team by buying a share in stocks and there is no major owner that represents the team.

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Roxxyfish, Historically The Packers are one of the few teams that the majority of NFL fans like. Coast to coast their are Packer fans every in ever city. In my opinion the "hate" you have seen recently is more focussed on fans of other teams who do not want to see any team, other than their team go unbeaten. Personally I am a Oakland Raider fan, but I have also lived in Atlanta for the past 10 years and have adopted the Falcons as my 1-B team. Despite what Green Bay has done to the birds in the last year, I find it hard to "hate" on the Pack. They are just better than every one else, at this point in time.