BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why are west coast sports down so much??

AFC West/NFC West in the NFL = 1 good team and 7 bad ones.
    Pac-12 Basketball = Has been terrible the last two seasons and UCLA/Cal/Washington/Arizona(their best 4 teams) have all been blown out in the last couple of days by some mediocre opponents, going to be a very rough year for this conference with maybe only 2-3 tournament teams.
    Pac-12 football = Some may disagree with me on this, but it is garbage. USC will be back, but they aren't back yet. Oregon never beats quality opponents out of conference, and there is a reason for this.

If the NBA doesn't start soon, the west coast might not be good at anything this year.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Pac 12 football one of the better conferences....Pac 12 basketball use to be real good has its ups and downs.

NFC West has been shit for awhile

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Who exactly on the west coast is going to be in contention in the NBA besides the Lakers? No one is beating the Heat out of the East this year, that's a fact unless Dwight Howard makes a big move with another superstar.

Also, once Bryant leaves the lakers, their dynasty is done for at least 6-7 years. It's going to be a long, long drought for the Lakers after Bryant's gone.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Pac 12 football one of the better conferences....Pac 12 basketball use to be real good has its ups and downs.

NFC West has been shit for awhile

I figured some/most to disagree with me on this... I just don't see anything that put put them above the Big 12 or Big 10.

The Big 10's 12th best team almost took down USC who is probably the best in the Pac-12.
    Illinois beat Arizona State
    Nebraska blew out Washington

Not sure if there is anything to suggest that the Pac-12 is better than the Big 10, and admittedly, the Big 10 is down in football this year.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Why do people request name changes on an internet gambling forum??

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Who exactly on the west coast is going to be in contention in the NBA besides the Lakers? No one is beating the Heat out of the East this year, that's a fact unless Dwight Howard makes a big move with another superstar.

Also, once Bryant leaves the lakers, their dynasty is done for at least 6-7 years. It's going to be a long, long drought for the Lakers after Bryant's gone.
    Portland should be good this/next year... and Denver as well.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Why do people request name changes on an internet gambling forum??
    Why do people hi-jack threads intended to be about sports' discussion and turn it into a pissing match?

Wait... we both know that answer. They're miserable and they're too big of a pussy to put the pistol in their mouth and pull the trigger. Grow a sack and spend the 50 cents on a bullet and do the world a favor, PLEASE.

frizzelli

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Why do people hi-jack threads intended to be about sports' discussion and turn it into a pissing match? Wait... we both know that answer. They're miserable and they're too big of a pussy to put the pistol in their mouth and pull the trigger. Grow a sack and spend the 50 cents on a bullet and do the world a favor, PLEASE.
    Why don't you go change your handle for the 7th time this week, because you a spineless coward.

BigTenSports

Why don't you go change your handle for the 7th time this week, because you a spineless coward.
    Being a spineless coward is the same reason you wake up every morning miserable and refuse to put the gun in your mouth even though that you know if you continue your life on this course, you'll continue to be miserable.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

When basketball returns in a year and a half, Knicks will beat the heat. Mark it down.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

West Coast college football (PAC-12)....LA Lakers and SF Giants are good. And San Jose Sharks goon in hockey. So all in all not that bad.

frizzelli

Being a spineless coward is the same reason you wake up every morning miserable and refuse to put the gun in your mouth even though that you know if you continue your life on this course, you'll continue to be miserable.
    You have been laughed off the forum under 5 different handles, when are you gonna realize posting on a internet gambling forum is not your cup a tea, not one person on this forum has 1 ounce of respect for you. Thats a fact.

BigTenSports

You have been laughed off the forum under 5 different handles, when are you gonna realize posting on a internet gambling forum is not your cup a tea, not one person on this forum has 1 ounce of respect for you. Thats a fact.
    You do realize, by definition, it would be impossible to call you anything but a troll.

You really need to go to your bathroom, look in the mirror, and realize that all you do all day every day is troll an online forum.

If a thread is meant to discuss the merits of west coast athletics currently, you will go into the thread and purposely attempt to troll the thread until that discussion is all but over.

If you are posting in a thread, you are trolling it. I just hope you aren't delusional and realize that.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I figured some/most to disagree with me on this... I just don't see anything that put put them above the Big 12 or Big 10.

The Big 10's 12th best team almost took down USC who is probably the best in the Pac-12.
    Illinois beat Arizona State
    Nebraska blew out Washington

Not sure if there is anything to suggest that the Pac-12 is better than the Big 10, and admittedly, the Big 10 is down in football this year.
    USC, Stanford and Oregon would beat out all of Big 10

zsr

Lol I have frizz on ignore, but I see he has like 5 posts in this thread, im gonna take a wild guess and say hes trolling someone per usual. Am I right?

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lol I have frizz on ignore, but I see he has like 5 posts in this thread, im gonna take a wild guess and say hes trolling someone per usual. Am I right?
    The guy is not posting unless he is trolling.

This guy is like permanently in a bad mood. Should be put on some kind of medication and that is a very sincere suggestion. He clearly needs help and is depressed.

BigTenSports

Tough to assume that man. Really is... Stanford's defense is a joke, USC has their problems and Oregon never beats quality teams out of conference.

zsr

The guy is not posting unless he is trolling.

This guy is like permanently in a bad mood. Should be put on some kind of medication and that is a very sincere suggestion. He clearly needs help and is depressed.
    I know. I have no clue what he gets out of trolling for like 16 hours a day, it's beyond sad.

frizzelli

The guy is not posting unless he is trolling. This guy is like permanently in a bad mood. Should be put on some kind of medication and that is a very sincere suggestion. He clearly needs help and is depressed.
    I know. I have no clue what he gets out of trolling for like 16 hours a day, it's beyond sad.
    My feelings are hurt the two biggest losers on this site are taking shots at me
    BigTensports has a new handle everyday because he is laughed off the site daily and ZSR the guy plays sbr poker 10 hours a day because he is broke and has no life.

BigTenSports

My feelings are hurt the two biggest losers on this site are taking shots at me
    BigTensports has a new handle everyday because he is laughed off the site daily and ZSR the guy plays sbr poker 10 hours a day because he is broke and has no life.
    Why don't you prove us wrong?

I'd like to see you, for a couple of full weeks, enter a thread and respond to people in a non-hostile way.

I'd also like to see you actually discuss the topic of the threads that you enter and post in.

I doubt you can do it, because I'm beginning to think that you are so delusional that you don't even realize how much you truly troll.

frizzelli

Why don't you prove us wrong? I'd like to see you, for a couple of full weeks, enter a thread and respond to people in a non-hostile way. I'd also like to see you actually discuss the topic of the threads that you enter and post in. I doubt you can do it, because I'm beginning to think that you are so delusional that you don't even realize how much you truly troll.
    I wouldn't take that bet because you are probably right.

BigTenSports

I wouldn't take that bet because you are probably right.

Well, at least we are getting somewhere. I just don't see what you are going to accomplish by taking out your life's frustrations out on anonymous strangers online...

But if it helps you, I guess it is better than letting those frustrations build up.

Goat Milk

Portland should be good this/next year... and Denver as well.
    Yes. I forgot about Portland. They won't be a contender unless Roy can get healthy. They haven't been able to replace him. Denver isn't winning anything. Not even a chance.

When basketball returns in a year and a half, Knicks will beat the heat. Mark it down.
    LOL. Let me tell you about how Mike Dantoni is gonna win a ring....

If the Knicks play the Heat in the ECF which is a likely scenario, they might win 2 games. Maybe.

BigTenSports

Yes. I forgot about Portland. They won't be a contender unless Roy can get healthy. They haven't been able to replace him. Denver isn't winning anything. Not even a chance.

LOL. Let me tell you about how Mike Dantoni is gonna win a ring....

If the Knicks play the Heat in the ECF which is a likely scenario, they might win 2 games. Maybe.

Denver can't win because no superstars, but they will still have a pretty good record at the end of the year.

And why no love for the Bulls? I don't expect them to drop off... they were very young last year with a first year coach and still, with a couple of made shots against the heat, they coulda been NBA champs.

They were 2-0 against the Mavs and that was without Boozer/Noah, so I think would have steam rolled Dirk.

zsr

Nah, nobody would of beat dallas in the finals. Dirk was on another planet.. I seriously think the knicks will suprise everyone, they can go toe to toe with miami and carmelo is on his way to being the best player in the league. We saw it against boston. If there whole team doesnt get hurt they would of beat boston. Im a bulls fan, were one player away from being serious contenders.

Goat Milk

Denver can't win because no superstars, but they will still have a pretty good record at the end of the year. And why no love for the Bulls? I don't expect them to drop off... they were very young last year with a first year coach and still, with a couple of made shots against the heat, they coulda been NBA champs. They were 2-0 against the Mavs and that was without Boozer/Noah, so I think would have steam rolled Dirk.
    Dirk was on a mission. The playoffs are a different animal and that's what most don't realize. Most here thought the bulls would beat the Heat. Regular season does not matter. Bulls lost in 5 games. The reason why the Bulls could not win is because they expended all their energy defensively, which left them with no lift in their legs at the end of the games to make shots. That's why Rose and Deng missed every shot down the stretch.

That was a key part of my writeup for that series, where I predicted Miami in 5. Most of the dumb espn analysts didn't realize this until 2 games into the series.

Also, playing a 7 game series is much different than playing a couple spread out reg. season games. The Heat also were owned by the Bulls and Celtics in the regular season. Didn't matter.

What we saw last year was only a glimpse of what the Heat are capable of. Putting 2 of the 3 best players in the world on one team is simply not fair. Imagine how much better they are as a team after that run. Once wade and bron understand how to move without the ball--which they likely figured out after last year--there isn't a team (currently) that can contend with them.

Dominant teams often win multiple championships in a row in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat win back to back titles. They are going to acquire a couple more pieces as well when the season is back. That's what Riley has been saying. Also, you have to think that Dallas played absolutely perfect ball in that finals, and Miami was 4 minutes away from basically winning that series. In game 2, 4 minutes left, when Dirk scored about 15 in the final 4 after being down 15 to give Dallas the 2 point win. There were so many tactical errors on the Heat's end, and yet they were in that series until the end.

The Heat played mediocre all through the playoffs and the East was no match at all.

The Bulls can't contend until they get another legit offensive All Star. Rose can't hold the ball 90% of the time and expect to win. They need a 2 guard that can get his own shot at any time. Boozer (at this point in his career) and Noah can rarely create their own shots.

Goat Milk

A lot will also depend on where Dwight Howard ends up. Not a top 3 player, but easily the most dominant player in the NBA. I'm sure Bryant has had a few words with Howard.

Dirk will only retire with 1 ring. It's good he got one know because Miami, the Knicks, OKC, Portland are only getting better and Dallas is staying about the same.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot will also depend on where Dwight Howard ends up. Not a top 3 player, but easily the most dominant player in the NBA. I'm sure Bryant has had a few words with Howard.

Dirk will only retire with 1 ring. It's good he got one know because Miami, the Knicks, OKC, Portland are only getting better and Dallas is staying about the same.
    Whatb about San Antonio Spurs ?

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post

Spurs are done.. The thunder are about to take over the west. Of course, there won't be basketball for 2 years so no one knows how the players will look when they come back.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs are done.. The thunder are about to take over the west. Of course, there won't be basketball for 2 years so no one knows how the players will look when they come back.
    2 years...damn...long time

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

This 100%

zsr

2 years...damn...long time
    More than likely. I guess it could end sooner but it doesn't look good that's for sure.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Im a dogfart sampla

Goat Milk

spurs are always in the playoff mix but they just don't have the roster to win a championship. their guys are getting old and they refuse to bring in any big men, thinking duncan will go til he's 40 or something

More than likely. I guess it could end sooner but it doesn't look good that's for sure.
    na. bryant would never allow it to last that long. fisher is running the pa, and as we know, bryant has fisher on a tight leash. basically bryant runs the nba.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As far as athletes born and brought up on the west coast vs kids from other parts of the country there lies a lot of the answer

West Coast kid is different meaning built differently genetically, softer living for most part which means not as hardcore, laid back, etc

It does have a reflection on performance on athletic fields

12 Last