Betpoints: 8792

Broncos waived Kyle Orton

Good guy for the Bears to pick up..like now

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

absolutely

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zero chance the bears sign him. Are you joking?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

THe bears are high on their backup, and he did play pretty well last season in the postseason...

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO

Bears would grab him in a second if they can, thing is teams like KC will be lining up for him first and would get him because of worse record

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wow...that bad to not even be able to trade him for anything in the off season.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock, what the hell are you talking about?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rio DiNero

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Bears would grab him in a second if they can, thing is teams like KC will be lining up for him first and would get him because of worse record
    No they wouldnt, nobody is going to pick him up because you have to pay his salary if you claim him off waivers. guy is making franchise QB money

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No one wants him
    loser
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Goat Milk

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

orton is a franchise type qb, 83% on 3rd down but 2-18 as a starter. someone will grab him for the 3rd down abilities.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Zero chance the bears sign him. Are you joking?
    I would probably trust Orton to run the offense rather than Caleb Hanie...not sure ole Caleb is ready for the on-the-job training pressure yet

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2464

hanie will surprise alot of guys,he doesnt have to win the game he just cant do stupid things to lose the game

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I wonder if Houston would look at him if Leinart doesn't do well for the first game...

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Bears just don't need him IF Cutler will be back for playoffs...Hanie knows the system, and their schedule is soft. I'm a Packer fan, and even I still think the Bears win 3, if not more of their last 6 and squeek into the playoffs w/o Cutler driving them there. They'll be fine...make playoffs, get Cutler back...they'll be o.k...I just don't think they are good enough once they get there...but that's a different conversation all together (Like how they are 2-3 vs. top 10 teams in the NFL, etc.).

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Bears just don't need him IF Cutler will be back for playoffs...Hanie knows the system, and their schedule is soft. I'm a Packer fan, and even I still think the Bears win 3, if not more of their last 6 and squeek into the playoffs w/o Cutler driving them there. They'll be fine...make playoffs, get Cutler back...they'll be o.k...I just don't think they are good enough once they get there...but that's a different conversation all together (Like how they are 2-3 vs. top 10 teams in the NFL, etc.).
    Cutler might not be back for the playoffs, he will need between 4 up to 6 weeks to heal the bone, this is what the doctor that evaluated him said...

"It will take the bone four-to-six weeks to heal and he will need at least a couple of weeks to get his mobility back and be able to grip a football with that thumb even after the six weeks," Cohen said. "I don't know the details of the schedule, but to me the earliest possible return to play for an injury like that is closer to eight weeks."

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Wow...that bad to not even be able to trade him for anything in the off season.
    he´s a free agent. trading deadline has passed.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO

Orton's best option is the bears, and he let it be known chicago is one place he'd be willing to play for

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1241

Miami still needs a QB

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Cutler might not be back for the playoffs, he will need between 4 up to 6 weeks to heal the bone, this is what the doctor that evaluated him said... "It will take the bone four-to-six weeks to heal and he will need at least a couple of weeks to get his mobility back and be able to grip a football with that thumb even after the six weeks," Cohen said. "I don't know the details of the schedule, but to me the earliest possible return to play for an injury like that is closer to eight weeks."
    They lean on Forte a ton anyway....the Bears aren't winning because of Cutler...in fact, he's only thrown 1 TD in the last 3 weeks while the Bears have beaten, Philly, Detroit, and San Diego...they are playing great defense and moving the ball sufficiently on offense while Cutler manages the game. He is currently 12th rated QB in NFL based on QB Rating...26th in NFL based on completion percentage...14th in 20+ yard completions...I mean, he hasn't exactly been lighting up the scoreboard...BUT, his greatest achievement is probably what he HASN'T done...he HASN'T turned it over. He is on pace to throw the least amount of INTs in his career this year...Hanie will need to manage the game, and NOT turn it over. If the Bears think he's capable of that, there is no need to make a drastic move if you're the Bears. There just isn't.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Add Arizona to the list of needing a QB.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Add Arizona to the list of needing a QB.
    Yeah I think they are broke after signing Kolb, which I believe is a huge disappointment... I thought he was going to be decent enough especially with Larry Fitz to throw to, guess I was really wrong with that assumption... plus Skelton isn't doing that bad of a job at the moment...

Dax

They lean on Forte a ton anyway....the Bears aren't winning because of Cutler...in fact, he's only thrown 1 TD in the last 3 weeks while the Bears have beaten, Philly, Detroit, and San Diego...they are playing great defense and moving the ball sufficiently on offense while Cutler manages the game. He is currently 12th rated QB in NFL based on QB Rating...26th in NFL based on completion percentage...14th in 20+ yard completions...I mean, he hasn't exactly been lighting up the scoreboard...BUT, his greatest achievement is probably what he HASN'T done...he HASN'T turned it over. He is on pace to throw the least amount of INTs in his career this year...Hanie will need to manage the game, and NOT turn it over. If the Bears think he's capable of that, there is no need to make a drastic move if you're the Bears. There just isn't.
    Yeah I expect to see a lot more Forte now, they will basically have no choice but to run the ball twice as much now that they wont have the Arm...

Still IMO, I think Orton gets a call from Houston...

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Yeah I expect to see a lot more Forte now, they will basically have no choice but to run the ball twice as much now that they wont have the Arm... Still IMO, I think Orton gets a call from Houston...
    I agree about Orton possibly heading to Houston...but I wildly disagree about the Bears running the ball "twice as much now"...the Bears were winning by essentially taking the ball out of Cutler's hands...he ranks only 24th in attempts per game this year...they can't run the ball a ton more than they already have...they just physically can't...not to mention, Mike Martz isn't exactly known for his creative running game plans...though, he is definitely learning that's what it takes to win in Chicago if you don't have elite WRs or QB play of course.

The Bears only run the ball 11 times less per game than the leading team in the league...which, surprising does rank them pretty far down the chart...but nonetheless, Cutler was averaging about 31 Att/G passing, I can't imagine Hanie gets any less than 25-30 himself.

If they keep playing solid defense, which they should, they should win a good 4 of their last 6, that will get them in playoffs...and, maybe if Hanie holds serve for 1st week in playoffs, Cutler could come back in Conference round.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Orton is a quality qb, and perfect for the bears style of play. He will complete passes and won't make mistakes. The guy is better then their back up, lets be honest about that. Plus he has played with the bears before, but obviously with martz is the o-cooridnator there so the offense will be different. but there is no doubt that the bears will be fast moving to pick the guy up.

Dax

I agree about Orton possibly heading to Houston...but I wildly disagree about the Bears running the ball "twice as much now"...the Bears were winning by essentially taking the ball out of Cutler's hands...he ranks only 24th in attempts per game this year...they can't run the ball a ton more than they already have...they just physically can't...not to mention, Mike Martz isn't exactly known for his creative running game plans...though, he is definitely learning that's what it takes to win in Chicago if you don't have elite WRs or QB play of course. The Bears only run the ball 11 times less per game than the leading team in the league...which, surprising does rank them pretty far down the chart...but nonetheless, Cutler was averaging about 31 Att/G passing, I can't imagine Hanie gets any less than 25-30 himself. If they keep playing solid defense, which they should, they should win a good 4 of their last 6, that will get them in playoffs...and, maybe if Hanie holds serve for 1st week in playoffs, Cutler could come back in Conference round.
    Mike Martz isn't exactly known for his creative running game plans... Yeah ur totally right.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston, Bears or KC definitely will pick him up... NFL rules ????, something stinks here.
    Bears, Houston or KC has a confidential under the table agreement with Broncos for the future.
    Some strange draft choice deal next spring.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-22-11 at 06:43 PM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10545

somebody will get him, not his fault and i think he would of won the same games tebow won.

He should go to the chiefs

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    he´s a free agent. trading deadline has passed.
    I don't think it has passed yet and all that's left of his salary is $9,000,000

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    somebody will get him, not his fault and i think he would of won the same games tebow won. He should go to the chiefs
    Doubt he would want to go to a losing team... if anything he should pick a team that has chances to make the playoffs, Bears and Houston would be the right choices for him... my pick still remains as Houston, that is IF Schaub will be lost for the rest of the season...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

Any team that picks him up will be on the hook to pay him $2.5 million for the next 6 games. The Bears are unwilling to pony up for a franchise QB but they're going to spend $2.5 mil on a backup to a backup QB? I don't think so. Besides, the fact that he played for the Bears 3 years ago is pretty meaningless now. They run a completely different offense and have almost entirely new personnel too. Josh McCown looks like a more likely choice.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Chiefs will pick him up. No way in hell should Tyler Palko ever throw another football...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

I guess the Bears could get him if no one else claims him. Teams have until 2pm tomorrow to claim him. Bears are at the bottom of the wire anyway, so they won't claim him, but if no one else does, then they can negotiate and I suppose sign him for the league minimum with the Broncos paying the balance. At a minimum contract, the Bears might just take a shot if no one claims him.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont understand this move as a broncos fan.. if tebow gets hurt we have quinn now.. we are still in the race for the west with a pretty good schedule coming up. It would be fun to see orton go to the bears because in a few weeks they come into denver

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Kyle Orton was waived by the Denver Broncos today.

It now looks even more evident that the Bears came out on top in the Jay Cutler trade three years ago.
    The Bears are said to be seriously interested in veteran Josh McCown and J.T. O’Sullivan because they know the Mike Martz system.

But wouldn’t Orton make more sense. He would even make sense for the future considering Hanie is basically auditioning for a starting gig somewhere at seasons end.
    According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the Bears are reportedly trying to put in a claim for Orton, who left the Bears on good terms and would likely be welcomed back.

Orton was with the Bears from 2005-2008 and did a solid job at managing games.
    The Bears are 30th in the waiver system. The Texans, a team looking for a veteran quarterback are not interested in Orton. They instead will go with one of the players they worked out yesterday.

Another team in need of a quarterback are the Chiefs, who will likely put in a waiver claim for the 29-year-old Orton with their season slipping away at 4-6.
    Seattle, Indianapolis, Washington and Cleveland could also all be interested in his services for the remainder of the season.

http://www.lockerpulse.com/NFL/Bears/

FU2BH
    FU2BH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Good guy for the Bears to pick up..like now
    I thought so too

12 Last