SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Original Poster, I think you have good intentions and understand the basics of teasers, but you are still pretty misinformed with quotes like these:

"I understand teaser payouts are bad, but if you can hit 60 plus percent with -120 teasers, isn't that much better than spread betting??"

"Arizona??? teasing a double digit underdog is the absolute worst kind of teaser play there is, how many 10-14 point dogs end up losing by 30+ points??"

"Dallas?? a 7 point road favorite teaser is the 2nd worst kind of teaser there is. 7-9 point dogs traditionally win straight up at a mediocre percentage (especially if you're looking to put it in to a teaser)"

You need to understand the actual, precise math behind teasers to truly understand where the advantages and pitfalls lie. Saying something like 7-9 point dogs win straight up at a "mediocre percentage", shows how far you need to come. I am only being critical because you seem to have the common sense part down, but you need to go study the math. Your comments so far in this thread aren't helping anyone.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Need to win each leg 73.85% of the time.

If you teased every browns opponent when the browns were favored in the game over the last 3 years, you would have covered at about a 97% clip

If you teased every falcons opponent when the falcons were the favorite and playing a team over .500 over the last 3 years, you would have covered at about a 90% clip

it's about picking your spots and understanding what teams and matchups will result in the SU win or a very close game. There are many teams in the league that are great for teasers because their style is not condusive for winning games by big margins (the aforementioned Falcons and Browns) and there are many teams in the league that will nearly always win against bad teams (Steelers and Falcons)

The great thing about teasers is that there's nothing they can do to adjust. You know if you get a team like the 2007 patriots who are covering spreads left and right, the books will quickly pounce and kill all value with the pats by giving them outrageously inflated spreads every game. There's no way for the books to adjust to the browns always playing close games or the falcons always winning against bad teams (because they often win by a mediocre margin, so they can't give them a huge spread)
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-22-11 at 12:12 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Original Poster, I think you have good intentions and understand the basics of teasers, but you are still pretty misinformed with quotes like these:

"I understand teaser payouts are bad, but if you can hit 60 plus percent with -120 teasers, isn't that much better than spread betting??"
    I was just stating that if you can hit a very high %, who cares if the payout is a little bit worse than regular betting??

"Arizona??? teasing a double digit underdog is the absolute worst kind of teaser play there is, how many 10-14 point dogs end up losing by 30+ points??"

100% true ^^^

"Dallas?? a 7 point road favorite teaser is the 2nd worst kind of teaser there is. 7-9 point dogs traditionally win straight up at a mediocre percentage (especially if you're looking to put it in to a teaser)"

I meant to say 7-9 point ROAD favorites win at a mediocre %

I stay away from road favs on teasers unless I'm getting like the packers at the vikings
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-22-11 at 12:12 PM.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

The kid doesn't know a vagina from a hole in the ground

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15274

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    If you teased every browns opponent when the browns were favored in the game over the last 3 years, you would have covered at about a 97% clip

If you teased every falcons opponent when the falcons were the favorite and playing a team over .500 over the last 3 years, you would have covered at about a 90% clip

It's easy to find these situations after the fact. The problem occurs when you think that those trends will continue into the future. Those plays will not be advantageous from here on out.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Those plays will not be advantageous from here on out.

you think the browns will all of a sudden start blowing people out???

but I guess it's possible if they start to show significant improvements on both sides of the ball - but at that point there will be another awful team with zero ability to blow anybody out and you can just tease them

Canesfan11
    Canesfan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Over the last 2 weeks the underdog line has only come into play once. All the Favorites have either covered or the underdogs have won outright, except Dallas vs Seahawks, out of 13 games The line was Dallas - 13 and the final score was 23-13.

Taken from the week before this...

Generally if a team wins they cover too

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Canesfan11 View Post
    Over the last 2 weeks the underdog line has only come into play once. All the Favorites have either covered or the underdogs have won outright, except Dallas vs Seahawks, out of 13 games The line was Dallas - 13 and the final score was 23-13. Taken from the week before this... Generally if a team wins they cover too

I don't get your point here??

Several of those games that the favorite won and covered were situations where it was only covered by a few points so the teaser would have won (I'm talking about Jax/Cleveland, Cinci/Steelers, 49ers/Giants, etc...)

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

dam brahmabull, u are here everyday
    yet u have problems consistantly posting ur plays

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Sharps make a living on 2team NFL teasers & 3team (all sports) parlays

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i agree that they can be a good tool but the reason is theyre like doing a parlay but with worse odds. blowouts and close games happen all the time.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Sharps make a living on 2team NFL teasers & 3team (all sports) parlays

that doesn't surprise me at all

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Teasers are like fat chicks...We can all get them, but do we really need or want them?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    Teasers are like fat chicks...We can all get them, but do we really need or want them?

so it's about ego???

the money won from a teaser is the same as money won on a straight bet

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Just tease SF every week, 7 points $$ in the bank!

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

My does Brahma continually show his age and his ignorance as far as picking winners go?...Anybody got a awnser...I have some kont who is the sme way I'm about to marry....but she needs to grow up....she can act like a naieve slut in bed...Idont mind...but when it comes to communication...I need more...brahma reminds me of her

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Brahma gambling is like the kid who keeps hitting the pinata, but cant break it open

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

BrahmaBull is secretly a John Cena fan.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    BrahmaBull is secretly a John Cena fan.

what is this blasphemy???

i'm only a fan of one pro wrestler who is still active and that is the jabronie beating, lallalalalalallow pie eating, trailblazing eyebrow raising, all around smack it down people's champ THE ROCK
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-22-11 at 11:02 PM.

cardjunkie
    cardjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's NO SUCH THING as a "stone cold lock" for a team to win. (Unless you're in on fixing the game)

What if the QB twists his ankle on the first play?

Basing your argument on the fact that something's a sure thing in sports makes your argument null and void.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by cardjunkie View Post
    There's NO SUCH THING as a "stone cold lock" for a team to win. (Unless you're in on fixing the game) What if the QB twists his ankle on the first play? Basing your argument on the fact that something's a sure thing in sports makes your argument null and void.
    stop with the cemantics

the patriots winning this week SU was a stone cold mortal lock - I don't think brady's even lost a home game against a team with a losing record in the last what??? 8 years

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is this blasphemy???

i'm only a fan of one pro wrestler who is still active and that is the jabronie beating, lallalalalalallow pie eating, trailblazing eyebrow raising, all around smack it down people's champTHE ROCK

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

what is this truth???

i'm only a fan of one pro wrestler who is still active and that is Cenation

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

teasers are for chumps that think winning a few hundred bucks is a score....you will never make big money betting teasers, in fact for every teaser you win you will see that the overwhelming majority of your picks in that teaser covered the natural lines..bet the real lines or dont even gamble..a teaser once in a blue might be ok but its not ok as a consistent strategy, you are only jerkin yourself.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Not true.

Earlier this season when betting on the Packers when they played @ the Vikings.
    The normal line lost for the Packers but the teased 6 point or greater line won for the Packers.

The Saints and Falcons rivalry keep it a close 3 point game most of the time. Teasing the underdog here may increase your chances of winning.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15274

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    teasers are for chumps that think winning a few hundred bucks is a score....you will never make big money betting teasers, in fact for every teaser you win you will see that the overwhelming majority of your picks in that teaser covered the natural lines..bet the real lines or dont even gamble..a teaser once in a blue might be ok but its not ok as a consistent strategy, you are only jerkin yourself.
    you couldn't be more wrong but GL this weekend.

First 12