Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Greg Halman of Mariners stabbed to death

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp27353

Live life to the fullest people....who knows when it might end.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Never heard of the guy, but this is tragic news.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

He had almost 100 AB's last year. I remember seeing him play a few times......I remember him being a tremendous athlete, but very unpolished.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

if his brother did it that's pretty shitty.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    if his brother did it that's pretty shitty.

Some brothers wrestle and beat each other up...Some stab each other.

Live life to the fullest, never know when your family will snap and murder ya.

jealous sumbitch

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Mariners Prospect Greg Murdered

Prospects Blog: Greg Halman Murdered: Mariners prospect Greg Halman was stabbed to death on Nov. 21 in Rotterdam

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...lman-murdered/

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

crazy world we live in. All these murders happening where are the police? i just read where there have been 3 murders on the las vegas strip this summer

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    crazy world we live in. All these murders happening where are the police? i just read where there have been 3 murders on the las vegas strip this summer
    How can the police stop a murder? Are you that fukkn ignorant? Your saying the police can stop me from pulling my gun out right now and shooting my girlfriend? You're a dumb fukk.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

How can the police stop a murder?

Minority Report !

Obama has his own Minority Report -- if he says you (an American citizen) are a terrorist and may cause future harm then he can zap you w/Drone Missile without any judicial process
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-15-16 at 03:14 PM. Reason: image does not exist

RibbedTrojan
    RibbedTrojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Your right on PF

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Live life to the fullest people....who knows when it might end.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

tragic story guy had loads of talent and potential. he will be missed from the game!

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

unreal.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle Mariners Gregory Halman killed in Holland

Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death in the Nethlerlands today.

The Associated Press reports Halman's 22-year-old brother has been arrested as a suspect.

Rotterdam Police spokeswoman Patricia Wessels says police were called to a home in the Dutch port city early Monday morning and found Halman bleeding from a stab wound.

Wessels said Halman's brother was being questioned by police; no charges have been filed.

"The loss of a talented 24-year-old young man like Greg, amid such tragic circumstances, is painful for all of us throughout the game," Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement.

Halman, 24, played 35 games for the Mariners batting .230 with two home runs and six RBI. He and Orioles pitcher Rick Vanden Hurk were the only Netherlands-born players in the majors.

"All my friends and family are so proud," Halman said in a June interview with USA TODAY after his call-up to the Mariners.

Mariners infielder Adam Kennedy told the Seattle Times that Halman's death was "devastating" and that Halman was respected by the club's veteran players because of his willingness to learn.

The power-hitting prospect was the first Dutch player born, raised and developed completely in his homeland. Other players with Dutch passports have come to the majors through programs in the Netherlands Antilles or moved to the USA as youngsters.

Said Commissioner Bud Selig in a statement:

"Today Major League Baseball mourns the passing of Greg Halman, a member of the Seattle Mariners organization since 2004. ... Greg proudly represented the Netherlands in the 2009 World Baseball Classic, and he was a participant in MLB International's grassroots clinics in Europe, as recently as earlier this month.

"The loss of a talented 24-year-old young man like Greg, amid such tragic circumstances, is painful for all of us throughout the game. On behalf of Major League Baseball, I send my deepest condolences to the entire Mariners organization and to all those whose lives were touched by Greg."

Halman's father was from the Antilles but moved to the Netherlands before Greg was born in Haarlem.

Daren Brown, who managed Halman at Class AAA Tacoma (Wash.) this year, told the Tacoma News-Tribune that Halman said he looked forward to spending time in the off-season with his family.

Halman helped his country win a European championship and was MVP and playing in his country's top league as a teenager. He was in Europe this month as part of the European Big League Tour, a series of clinics organized by Baltimore Orioles pitcher Rick van den Hurk.

"Greg generously gave of himself in an attempt to help grow the sport's popularity across Europe," said Michael Weiner, executive director of the Major League Baseball Players' Association. "Greg's lasting legacy is sure to be the trail he helped blaze for European youth to follow his footsteps."

His path to the majors was a case of a strong athlete learning the finer points of the game. Halman's power was impressive but his movement through the Mariners system correlated with cutting down a high strikeout total.

"Raw talent. That's what made them sign me," Halman said of his contract with the Mariners. "I'm playing in that league at 15, hitting with wood. It helped me a lot."

He hit 33 homers in 2010 at Tacoma.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too much violence in world now

People just kill when a dispute

Had go be drug related

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

So sad, R.I.P.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Animal

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

First time I've ever heard of anything like this in the Netherlands.
    Did they finally outlaw pot?