PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

History repeats itself as the Packers lose this Thanksgiving

Flashback to 1962

One of the more famous, or for Packers' fans infamous, Thanksgiving Day games was the 1962 game. The Packers were the defending NFL champs and came into the game undefeated with a 10-0 record. In a dominating performance on defense, the Lions sacked Packers quarterback Bart Starr 11 times, including once in the end zone for a safety. Detroit won 26-14. The loss was the only one for the Packers all season. They finished the regular season with a record of 13-1, and won their second consecutive NFL Championship. The Lions had a good year too, finishing 11-3.
    After the 1962 game, Vince Lombardi had had enough of the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. He insisted that the NFL have other teams play the Lions that day as well. The Packers and Lions played to a 13-13 tie in 1963, and the NFL began scheduling other opponents for the Lions on Thanksgiving starting in 1964. The series with the Packers had worked out well for the Lions, who compiled a 9-3-1 record for the 13 games. The Packers and Lions would not meet again on Thanksgiving Day for 21 years.

Fast forward to 2011

Green bay comes in undefeated at 10 - 0 while Detroit is 7 -3, this is a perfect opportunity for the Lions in this spot,I don't know where your $$$$ will be but mine will be on Detroit ML for sure...........

PAULYPOKER

Detroit ML +275 already purchased with my local.........

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Tail the god or get buried with the mere mortals

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

everyone give the tranny attention and praise for regurgitating exactly what it saw on NBC. man what a sharp contrarion to take the Lions huh

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    everyone give the tranny attention and praise for regurgitating exactly what it saw on NBC. man what a sharp contrarion to take the Lions huh

PAULYPOKER

quote............
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-21-11 at 12:36 AM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

i wanted detroit until i saw this, all in on green bay

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Kevin Smith is the missing Spark that the Lions missed with Jahvid Best. Looks like the offense is back on track now. Should be a great battle, because Rodgers has cooled down a little bit while Stafford is hot again. I don't think Rodgers get back on track in such a short trip on the road.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Kevin Smith is the missing Spark that the Lions missed with Jahvid Best. Looks like the offense is back on track now. Should be a great battle, because Rodgers has cooled down a little bit while Stafford is hot again. I don't think Rodgers get back on track in such a short trip on the road.

because they beat carolina?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    because they beat carolina?
    Who you taking LB?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Green Bay seems unbeatable but I've seen some crazy things happen in Packers-Lions Thanksgiving games before.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Who you taking LB?
    not sure yet. i might not bet this game. hard to go against gb but det +6 might be a good play. no way i take det ml.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    not sure yet. i might not bet this game. hard to go against gb but det +6 might be a good play. no way i take det ml.
    So you are saying TB ML @ GB was better value than Det.ML @ home?

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Lions can generate pressure with 4 at home and can score touchdowns in the redzone...

These are 2 things you must do to beat the Packers thus year...

1962 has nothing to do with it...

Starks will most likely have a big game to slow down pass rush, so taking his over props would probably be a good idea...

Lions could easily cover and even win, but betting against the greatest football player to ever play is not a good idea...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Lions can generate pressure with 4 at home and can score touchdowns in the redzone...

These are 2 things you must do to beat the Packers thus year...

1962 has nothing to do with it...

Starks will most likely have a big game to slow down pass rush, so taking his over props would probably be a good idea...

Lions could easily cover and even win, but betting against the greatest football player to ever play is not a good idea...
    What's up King.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Lions can generate pressure with 4 at home and can score touchdowns in the redzone... These are 2 things you must do to beat the Packers thus year... 1962 has nothing to do with it... Starks will most likely have a big game to slow down pass rush, so taking his over props would probably be a good idea... Lions could easily cover and even win, but betting against the greatest football player to ever play is not a good idea...
    Agreed

Here is my take,Detroit will want this game more than GreenBay,they tend to play a lot better on Thanksgiving even when they suck,lets face it they haven't had a half decent team since the 90's,but now they are a pretty good team with an opportunity that is knocking hard to hand the Pack their 1st loss,PRICELESS..........

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

some one play some poker

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

tend to play better on thanksgiving when they suck
    this dumb tranny just pulls shit out of its ass

Lions ATS record last 7 Thanksgiving games

0-7

haven't had a half decent team since the 90s
    another gem from the tranny

2007 Lions were hyped with a 6-4 record (7-3 this year) going into the Thanksgiving game. Who'd they play? Green Bay (-3.5). GB won 37-26

GB had their letdown today and will refocus. Stafford will be pick city for that GB secondary. GB won't be stopped in the dome vs. that joke D. DET is a fraud just like they were in 2007. GB will win just like 2007

Just fade this tranny clown and profit

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    this dumb tranny just pulls shit out of its ass Lions ATS record last 7 Thanksgiving games 0-7 another gem from the tranny 2007 Lions were hyped with a 6-4 record (7-3 this year) going into the Thanksgiving game. Who'd they play? Green Bay (-3.5). GB won 37-26 GB had their letdown today and will refocus. Stafford will be pick city for that GB secondary. GB won't be stopped in the dome vs. that joke D. DET is a fraud just like they were in 2007. GB will win just like 2007 Just fade this tranny clown and profit
    You my friend are a closet homo sexual,I am now convinced,you make more posts about gays and trannys then anyone on this site,you are only fooling yourself...
    Changes are shifting outside the word

(Sunde speaks about his monsters in the closet)

I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire... SOOO MANY MONSTERS!
    Oh but now...
    (I don't find myself bouncing home whistling buttonhole tunes to make me cry)

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think history is going to stop Aaron Rodgers from playing at elite level right now. Maybe if they get dirty, they might concuss Rodgers. Lions playing dirty? Yeah, it might happen, but I think the packers roll here. Definitely leaning towards the pack even with a td spread.

Edit: It would be in my best interest that Rodgers has a shitty week and megatron goes off in FF! Either way, can't wait for this game and the Ravens game.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 11-21-11 at 02:36 AM.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Why not just take the points, I think it's a solid play. GB didn't play that well today, defense couldn't tackle anybody and Starks sprained his knee (Would be shocked if he plays) and Jennings is banged up too (played limited snaps). With the short week, injury concerns and GB coming off a less then stellar win I think it's a bad spot for GB. They appear to be ripe for the picking in this spot; it's Detroit or no play IMO and I know my team well.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

The right play is the OVER>?no?

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Shouldn't this Lions ML get higher? Why grab it so early...

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Go Pauly!

BTW, I didn't know you were that old. My lines go back to 1970, but not 1962

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    Shouldn't this Lions ML get higher? Why grab it so early...
    Nope, GB didn't play that well vs TB.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

pauly you done with all those lock threads ? back to being normal?

PAULYPOKER

^ For the moment anyhow.......

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Flashback to 1962

One of the more famous, or for Packers' fans infamous, Thanksgiving Day games was the 1962 game. The Packers were the defending NFL champs and came into the game undefeated with a 10-0 record. In a dominating performance on defense, the Lions sacked Packers quarterback Bart Starr 11 times, including once in the end zone for a safety. Detroit won 26-14. The loss was the only one for the Packers all season. They finished the regular season with a record of 13-1, and won their second consecutive NFL Championship. The Lions had a good year too, finishing 11-3.
    After the 1962 game, Vince Lombardi had had enough of the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. He insisted that the NFL have other teams play the Lions that day as well. The Packers and Lions played to a 13-13 tie in 1963, and the NFL began scheduling other opponents for the Lions on Thanksgiving starting in 1964. The series with the Packers had worked out well for the Lions, who compiled a 9-3-1 record for the 13 games. The Packers and Lions would not meet again on Thanksgiving Day for 21 years.

Fast forward to 2011

Green bay comes in undefeated at 10 - 0 while Detroit is 7 -3, this is a perfect opportunity for the Lions in this spot,I don't know where your $$$$ will be but mine will be on Detroit ML for sure...........
    are you really a tranny?

chopperocker

my sim has Green Bay SU 88% and covering -6 62%, you must be completely stupid to not take the +6 at least. play +6 road dogs(15-22 SU 40% since '06) moneyline. NOT home dogs +6(5-19 SU 20% since '06) moneyline.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Green Bay is definitely beatable. I think there just a bad break or two away from a loss. It's just a matter of time. Could be this Thursday.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    pauly you done with all those lock threads ? back to being normal?
    I enjoyed his 0-infinity run, hope he starts locking it up a notch soon cause i need my fixes...

chopperocker

Quote Originally Posted by Nookx View Post
    Green Bay is definitely beatable. I think there just a bad break or two away from a loss. It's just a matter of time. Could be this Thursday.
    is this groundbreaking? don't you know EVERY team is beatable? i guess if all your trying to do is be right about 1 game only get on the Lions dick. i'll take Green Bay -6.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

GB -9.5 with additional spread, count it!!!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

1962 None of the players were even born Way to copy and paste that article pauly.

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

It makes me laugh at how people are so fixated with predicting who will hand the packers their first loss this season that they have reverted all the way back in history to justify their play. Im putting my money not on what happened 50 years ago but what is happening now. And as of right NOW, Rodgers and the Packs are gonna pick apart the Lions at home on Thanksgiving Day. 34-17 Packers! Oh and those 17 pts from Lions come after HT. BOL

12 Last