BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hatred of Jay Cutler: It really bothers me...

Why does the average fan hate Jay Cutler? I understand full well why the media hates Jay Cutler.

''
    Reporter (after a game): What happened on that first interception, Jay?
    Cutler: I threw the ball.
    Reporter: Right, but what did you see developing there? Take us through it.
    Cutler (archly): It seemed like a good place to throw the ball.
    Then there was this:
    Reporter: When you were a kid, which quarterback did you look up to?
    Cutler: Nobody.
    Reporter: Nobody? You didn't look up to anybody?
    Cutler: No.''

That explains why the media hates him. But why does the average fan hate him? The guy is a winner, far from what I can tell. He makes his football team significantly better. There is no doubt in my mind that Cutler would have top 5 QB numbers in a legit offense with a legit offensive line and legit wide receivers. I appreciate winners.

And I'm not sure how anyone questions his toughness. It looked like it was 1 on 11 on Monday Night against the Lions, and the Bears still had a shot late in that game thanks to how great Cutler played.

But here is the thing that frustrates me the most. People claim to hate him because he is a douche and a loner... Now wait a minute... we hate Favre for being an attention whore, but then we also hate Cutler for wanting no attention?

“He’s a giving person who does things behind the scenes and hates it when he gets found out,” Reilly writes. “A few days before Christmas, he and [girlfriend Kristin] Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.”'

If Favre had done it, he'd call the media himself. Same for most prominent names in the NFL. Lets also not forget that this guy battles a semi-serious illness every day of his life.

As a gambler, he's been very profitable gambling on the last 3 years. I'll tell you that much. But considering most gamblers I know are loners and douches, the gambling world should love this guy.

Just my thoughts on the subject. You may not care, but then again, you shouldn't have opened the thread since it has a clear title.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

he just acts like one of those spoiled rich douchebag kids who didn't get the porsche he wanted for christmas

I'm a huge bears fan and I am pretty much indifferent to him, but I understand why people hate him. For me the only thing I care about is how he plays on the field

BigTenSports

Oh, and the part about him I respect most...

“I was in Denver, not a huge market, came to Chicago and haven’t really [sought out] a lot of marketing opportunities because we haven’t accomplished what I want to on the field yet,” Cutler told the magazine. “Until we get to the SuperBowl, win Super Bowls and are successful there, then I don’t think it’s right for me to go out there and venture into those other markets.”

Who can't respect that? Some guys get to a new city and will put their face and name anywhere for a buck.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Almost got them to superbowl last year

He is doing well this year also

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

The average fan hates him because he doesn't smile much and has poor body language. I like him though, I don't care if he doesn't smile or give generic happy go lucky answers to reporters.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    The average fan hates him because he doesn't smile much and has poor body language. I like him though, I don't care if he doesn't smile or give generic happy go lucky answers to reporters.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

He is the anti-Brett Favre.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

You lost me at "the guy is a winner"

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cutler has all the talent in the world. He just puts off a vibe that he plays football b/c he is good @ it, not b/c he loves it.

For an average fan who works 8 hour days, and never had a chance to play the sport he loves. They coul ot understand how someone would not be 100% happy being able to play a sport as a career.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Why does the average fan hate Jay Cutler? I understand full well why the media hates Jay Cutler.

''
    Reporter (after a game): What happened on that first interception, Jay?
    Cutler: I threw the ball.
    Reporter: Right, but what did you see developing there? Take us through it.
    Cutler (archly): It seemed like a good place to throw the ball.
    Then there was this:
    Reporter: When you were a kid, which quarterback did you look up to?
    Cutler: Nobody.
    Reporter: Nobody? You didn't look up to anybody?
    Cutler: No.''

That explains why the media hates him. But why does the average fan hate him? The guy is a winner, far from what I can tell. He makes his football team significantly better. There is no doubt in my mind that Cutler would have top 5 QB numbers in a legit offense with a legit offensive line and legit wide receivers. I appreciate winners.

And I'm not sure how anyone questions his toughness. It looked like it was 1 on 11 on Monday Night against the Lions, and the Bears still had a shot late in that game thanks to how great Cutler played.

But here is the thing that frustrates me the most. People claim to hate him because he is a douche and a loner... Now wait a minute... we hate Favre for being an attention whore, but then we also hate Cutler for wanting no attention?

“He’s a giving person who does things behind the scenes and hates it when he gets found out,” Reilly writes. “A few days before Christmas, he and [girlfriend Kristin] Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.”'

If Favre had done it, he'd call the media himself. Same for most prominent names in the NFL. Lets also not forget that this guy battles a semi-serious illness every day of his life.

As a gambler, he's been very profitable gambling on the last 3 years. I'll tell you that much. But considering most gamblers I know are loners and douches, the gambling world should love this guy.

Just my thoughts on the subject. You may not care, but then again, you shouldn't have opened the thread since it has a clear title.

Cause he looks like the kind of guy that would go to Vanderbilt.

Great arm though. That was never in doubt.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

Plus he bitch, moaned, and cried his way out of Denver instead of manning up and focusing on his job. That and I don't like his face.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by StillSmokin View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

Plus he bitch, moaned, and cried his way out of Denver instead of manning up and focusing on his job. That and I don't like his face.

I think the jury already pretty much decided McDaniels was to blame for most of that nonsense, which is why he got chased out of town.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

cutler very rarely turns the ball over, people need to stop with that

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Bears are going to be begging for him pretty soon

Dirty Sanchez

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Cutler broken thumb on his throwing hand.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

All these Bears media and fans are finally going to get their wish. Jay Cutler isn't going to play. Right when they are doing well and need him the most. Enjoy Caleb Hanie.

Dirty Sanchez

Big Ben playing with a broken thumb....time for Jay to sack up and pay back the team from last years playoff disaster

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

AND he hits THIS on the reg

I like him

I like winners

I Care little about attitudes with very few exceptions

Be good at what you do bottom line

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Big Ben playing with a broken thumb....time for Jay to sack up and pay back the team from last years playoff disaster
    Just like two knee injuries are not the same, two broken thumbs are not the same. The doctors are going to decide the proper course of action, plain and simple.

BigTenSports

Cutler and Cavallari are a good pair.

A douche and a bitch. They go good together.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Just like two knee injuries are not the same, two broken thumbs are not the same. The doctors are going to decide the proper course of action, plain and simple.

It makes men who aren't very tough feel macho to belittle athletes' injuries and act like they would play with the same injury.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

There is a whitebread qb code of conduct that he's supposed to submit to and humility is a big part of that, but he's like 99% of NFL players who don't give two shits about you or anyone else. The difference is that he doesn't even care enough to fake it and it bothers a lot of people.

We want to believe that he's just like us and would totally come hang out at your bbq, but he'd probably just step on your sandwich and tell you to go **** yourself. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PRO ATHLETE.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PRO ATHLETE.

I met people at a restaurant once who claimed that peyton goes there all the time

they all said peyton is a very very nice guy in real life and treats everybody with respect

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    There is a whitebread qb code of conduct that he's supposed to submit to and humility is a big part of that, but he's like 99% of NFL players who don't give two shits about you or anyone else. The difference is that he doesn't even care enough to fake it and it bothers a lot of people.

We want to believe that he's just like us and would totally come hang out at your bbq, but he'd probably just step on your sandwich and tell you to go **** yourself. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PRO ATHLETE.
    Why would he hang out at at a BBQ for a random person he doesn't know? I do know that he spends a good deal of time at charity events for kids with diabetes and meeting with kids with diabetes.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I met people at a restaurant once who claimed that peyton goes there all the time

they all said peyton is a very very nice guy in real life and treats everybody with respect
    Except the female trainer that he sexually harassed at UT that the university had to settle in a lawsuit.

BigTenSports

Wow, so it looks like Cutler broke his thumb badly after that INT in the Chargers game where he was getting blocked and attempting to make the tackle to prevent the TD by the Chargers.

If only he was a real QB, he would have stood there (like Stafford) with his hands in the air complaining about Johnny Knox slipping on the route that allowed the interception.

If only he was a real QB, he would have dragged DJ Moore down by his helmet instead of actually try to make the tackle.

Matthew Stafford should be hated a million times more than Jay Cutler.

Oh, and this injury sucks for the Bears, because they were clearly developing into one of the best 3-4 teams in the league, but just to note, Cutler's thumb injury will require surgery, yet he did stay in the game. Can't really question the guy's toughness.

The truth is, if he was a pussy like Stafford, he never gets hurt in the first place.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

He's a winner? What's he won?

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't understand the Jay Cutler hate either. To me, he's one of the most under rated quarterbacks in the entire NFL.

People praise Rivers up and down, he has 16 interceptions this year. If that was Jay Cutler with 16 interceptions...just imagine what people would say.

Mike Vick is playing horrible this year, he has 5 redzone interceptions this year. Jay Cutler has 0. If that was Cutler with 5 redzone interceptions, imagine the mocking gifs people would make. Where are the gifs mocking Vick? There are none.

The media has just decided that they're going to smear Jay Cutlers image and a lot of fans have bought into that. I guess people need villains and Jay Cutler is the villain.

Personally, I love the guy. I hope he heals up and comes back quickly because the Bears need him. Jay led the Bears to the NFC championship game last year and he led them to a 7-3 record this year. He IS a winner.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I like Cutler, I like Eli.

I can't stand arrogant pricks, Rogers and Stafford comes to mind.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chicago was on track this year to go to superbowl, they were that good as of yesterday

what a bad break

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    He's a winner? What's he won?
    The notion that you're not a "winner" until you've won a Super Bowl is pretty silly.

He's also won 18/26 games this season and last.
    Last edited by d2bets; 11-21-11 at 11:35 AM.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's gambling everyone hates everyone that loses them money. Which is why I really hate Rivers, how he still makes the throws he does week after week baffles me...although it shouldn't. Whether you lose money with him or are a fan (my condolences) he's got to be the worst starting QB in the league for and his coach isn't far behind. I've never seen a team lose more winnable games through coaching and execution or make bad throws in worse situations than they do.

So who's on Denver and Tebowville this week? Actually, I could see SDG covering this just to piss off those who fade them thinking they're so smart like myself.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    It's gambling everyone hates everyone that loses them money. Which is why I really hate Rivers, how he still makes the throws he does week after week baffles me...although it shouldn't. Whether you lose money with him or are a fan (my condolences) he's got to be the worst starting QB in the league for and his coach isn't far behind. I've never seen a team lose more winnable games through coaching and execution or make bad throws in worse situations than they do.

So who's on Denver and Tebowville this week? Actually, I could see SDG covering this just to piss off those who fade them thinking they're so smart like myself.
    Yeah, and Cutler/Bears have won and covered 5 straight ATS.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

People were mad at him for sitting out in the NFC Championship game. Drunk fans expect NFL players to be Gladtiors and risk their health for the team. And they are like ZOMG what a baby, why can't he play! Look at him hes standing on the side line booooooo.

While the average drunk fan stays home from work on a ******* sniffle.

It is also the way he is on the side-line when he folds his hand, and looks pissed or something. Its just his mannerisms, but people get all pissy over that, and fans will use anything to hate on anther team.

123 Last