d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Difference there is a torn ACL and neck injury with Championship caliber QB's....not a skinned knee in the NFC Championship or now a thumb injury....the guy is a serviceable QB and he needs to prove he can answer the bell...and starting every game doesn't prove anything...because Mark Sanchez among others can say the same thing and they're middle of the road...as is Cutler
    Didn't Kurt Warner miss a bunch of time with a broken finger? Warner already had won a Super Bowl? He wasn't a champion because he broke a finger? Tom Brady could break his thumb tonight and be out 6-8 weeks. Wouldn't make him any less of a champion. Injuries can happen to anyone at any time. Didn't Pujols miss a month with a fracture this season? Is he not a champion because he broke a bone?

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    It's all about titles these days...Cutler is human Peanut Brittle....if he can't stay on the field he's nothing more than a better then average stats QB...now out 6-8 weeks...which means Caleb Hanie takes the controls, and we all know how that turned out last year....obviously this is very bad news for the Bears season

Before his concussion last year, Cutler had never missed a game in his high school, collegiate, NFL career.

Now, he finally misses some time and he is 'human peanut brittle?'

Some people here are really misinformed about a lot of things.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Almost got them to superbowl last year

He is doing well this year also
    Vick almost got the Eagles to the super-bowl last year too...but that doesn't make him a "top 5" quarterback either.

I see nothing special about Jay cutler. IMO the bears are more about great defense and special teams then they are about anything offensively.

I think the offense is thought to be 1 dimensional which is 1 reason Jay gets no respect

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Cutler is just not a winner, bottom line. Should be no hate for him but if u expect him to win a superbowl it just isn't happening. It's ok, everyone cannot be a winner. Lotta guys in same boat.

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Cutler is just not a winner, bottom line. Should be no hate for him but if u expect him to win a superbowl it just isn't happening. It's ok, everyone cannot be a winner. Lotta guys in same boat.
    How is he not a winner? He was playing great and has won 5 straight since the Bears' O-line started blocking.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Wow 5 Straight !!!!! Canton here we come !!!

BigTenSports

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Wow 5 Straight !!!!! Canton here we come !!!

Name a QB who could have won a super bowl in Denver while they had the 2nd or 3rd worst defense in the league the years he was there?

QBs don't win super bowls, teams do.

Cutler has a pretty weak supporting cast on offense but has been making it work the last 2 years.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2209

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Because he hasn't won a Supernbowl in 4 years he's not a winner? I can name a lot of hall of famers and so called "winners" that didn't win a Superbowl in their first 4 years.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

i hate cutler but i bleed green and gold. I can't explain it the guy just rubs me the wrong way.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I'm sorry but that is bullshit. If Cutler wanted to play in the second half he would have played. Hell, there isn't a bigger choke artist in the NFL than Tony Romo but atleast he played with broken ribs vs the 49ers this year. That same injury that Cutler had would not have stopped Tom Brady from getting out there. You want to win a super bowl you gotta be fukkin warrior, When it's the playoffs, you play through pain , you go out there and leave it all on the field for your teammates.

and what is this that Cutler can't play with a broken thumb? how can anyone say he is tough? doesn't Big Ben have a broken thumb too?
    Deja vu here. People trying to compare a Cutler injury to somebody elses injury without being informed about it. Ben's injury is a stable fracture, Cutler's is not. Cutler needs surgery, Ben doesn't.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Didn't Kurt Warner miss a bunch of time with a broken finger? Warner already had won a Super Bowl? He wasn't a champion because he broke a finger? Tom Brady could break his thumb tonight and be out 6-8 weeks. Wouldn't make him any less of a champion. Injuries can happen to anyone at any time. Didn't Pujols miss a month with a fracture this season? Is he not a champion because he broke a bone?
    Favre played and played well with a broken thumb.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Cutler's a bum I hope Chicago signs him to a fat contract extension & Da Bears will never win anything.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    Seriously, when are we going to learn to stop comparing injuries? Cutler played while concussed while Favre never took the field again after his concussion last year. It goes both ways. Perfect example of why you shouldn't compare injuries.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

BigTenSports, everything you are saying about Cutler's ability is simply your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to their opinion. I don't think statistics should be relied upon constantly, but I think it is a very telling piece of information that Cutler has never finished a season with a rating above 88. I don't watch the Bears every single week, but I have seen him enough to make up my mind, and it appears that you have done the same, while ignoring everything I said about Cutler's leadership and his impression on his teammates. Team chemistry and leadership go a long way if you haven't figured that out by now. Sure, teammates will stick up for him to the media because it is their job to do so, but it's the stuff you hear about behind closed doors that tells the true story.

'Once, in his rookie year in Denver, 45 minutes before a game, surefire Hall of Fame safety John Lynch was trying to explain something to Cutler about NFL pass coverage. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Lynch. He was texting.

"Man, I'm trying to talk to you!" Lynch protested.

Didn't help. Cutler was all thumbs, head down. Finally, Lynch slapped the phone out of Cutler's hands, smashing it to the floor."

"One time, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan thought it would be helpful for Cutler and Broncos legend John Elway to have lunch. Let Cutler drink in some of Elway's experience.

The three of them sat down at a Denver steak joint. Elway, polite as ever, tried to impart some wisdom. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Elway. He wasn't looking at Shanahan, either. He was looking at the TV. The whole time. With his baseball cap on backward. All the way through dessert. Elway did not leave impressed.

So when Josh McDaniels, before he had even set his Samsonite down, started railroading Cutler out of town, almost nobody stood up for him."

"Cutler is the kind of guy you just want to pick up and throw into a swimming pool, which is exactly what Peyton Manning and two linemen did one year at the Pro Bowl.

"He's an arrogant little punk," former Broncos radio color man, Scott Hastings, once said on a national show. "He's a little bitch."
    Harsh? Yes. Heard before? Yes.

"I used to hear this kind of stuff a lot," says Marty Garafalo, a freelance publicist who handled Cutler in Denver. "Elway was always trying to give you the time of day, and Jay was always seeing which door he could get out of quicker. It was a maturity thing."

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    BigTenSports, everything you are saying about Cutler's ability is simply your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to their opinion. I don't think statistics should be relied upon constantly, but I think it is a very telling piece of information that Cutler has never finished a season with a rating above 88. I don't watch the Bears every single week, but I have seen him enough to make up my mind, and it appears that you have done the same, while ignoring everything I said about Cutler's leadership and his impression on his teammates. Team chemistry and leadership go a long way if you haven't figured that out by now. Sure, teammates will stick up for him to the media because it is their job to do so, but it's the stuff you hear about behind closed doors that tells the true story.

'Once, in his rookie year in Denver, 45 minutes before a game, surefire Hall of Fame safety John Lynch was trying to explain something to Cutler about NFL pass coverage. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Lynch. He was texting.

Didn't help. Cutler was all thumbs, head down. Finally, Lynch slapped the phone out of Cutler's hands, smashing it to the floor."

"One time, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan thought it would be helpful for Cutler and Broncos legend John Elway to have lunch. Let Cutler drink in some of Elway's experience.

The three of them sat down at a Denver steak joint. Elway, polite as ever, tried to impart some wisdom. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Elway. He wasn't looking at Shanahan, either. He was looking at the TV. The whole time. With his baseball cap on backward. All the way through dessert. Elway did not leave impressed.

So when Josh McDaniels, before he had even set his Samsonite down, started railroading Cutler out of town, almost nobody stood up for him."

"Cutler is the kind of guy you just want to pick up and throw into a swimming pool, which is exactly what Peyton Manning and two linemen did one year at the Pro Bowl.

"He's an arrogant little punk," former Broncos radio color man, Scott Hastings, once said on a national show. "He's a little bitch."

"I used to hear this kind of stuff a lot," says Marty Garafalo, a freelance publicist who handled Cutler in Denver. "Elway was always trying to give you the time of day, and Jay was always seeing which door he could get out of quicker. It was a maturity thing."
    I bet Eddie Royal doesn't think Cutler is an avg QB. Royal caught 91 balls from Cutler in 15 games. He's caught 113 in 37 games since.

BigTenSports

Have you seen the quotes from Bears' players on Cutler?

''Jay was hurt. I don't question his toughness, he's tough as hell ... He's one of the toughest players on our football team. He doesn't complain when he gets hit. He goes out there and plays every Sunday, he practices every single day, so no we don't question his toughness.'' - Urlacher

''“Keep your head up man. I feel so bad for him. The guy has had a great season. What he has done, how far he has come, and what he means to our team, it’s devastating for us and for him but just keep your head up. It’s not the end of the world. The season might be over, it may not be don’t know but keep your head up. If you need something we’re all here for him. I hope he knows that and I think he does. He’s our leader. There’s no doubt about it. He is the leader of this team. People can say what they want to about our defense but Jay Cutler is the leader of this team.”

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    See post #80. Can you really not comprehend that no two injuries are the same?

SparJMU

Sure, teammates will stick up for him to the media because it is their job to do so, but it's the stuff you hear about behind closed doors that tells the true story.

SparJMU

I don't question his toughness. At no point have I said he doesn't have heart as a competitor. My argument is very simple, and You and I will never be on the same page because it's all opinion at this point. Only time will tell, but my three points below are all perfectly justified.

1) No season with a QB rating above 88. Again, stats don't always tell the full story, but in a pass happy NFL you would expect a QB who someone previously argued as top 5 or 6 in the NFL to achieve a single season with a huge passer rating, Just one season.

2) He took over a team with Super Bowl talent and has managed fewer playoff wins than Rex Grossman. Cutler is obviously better than Grossman, but we all know Chicago has the talent to be a contender every year, yet Cutler has only won a single playoff game (at home against 7-9 Seattle)

3) Professional athletes, especially those coached by Lovie Smith, will maintain a professional approach to the media, but there have been too many stories about incidents behind closed doors where Cutler has clashed with teammates and coaches. Before he even entered the NFL I remember reading an article about how his college teammates despised him. I know Urlacher and Olsen and others have spoken up about his toughness, but you would have to be blind to ignore the signs that his teammates don't like him. Hell Donovan Mcnabb spent a decade in Philadelphia and there was never any public criticism from his teammates until moron Owens showed up. Years later we know that this his teammates did not like him, and never believed in him. The same thing is going on with Cutler right now.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Because he hasn't won a Supernbowl in 4 years he's not a winner? I can name a lot of hall of famers and so called "winners" that didn't win a Superbowl in their first 4 years.
    The goal in the NFL is the lead your team (assuming you are the QB) and win the Superbowl. I never said Cutler wouldn't make the hall of fame and my point has nothing to do with the hall of fame. Cutler has won nothing in his life and is the type of person that doesn't have the make up to win a Superbowl, period. Yes he was won a lot of games but he will not win a Superbowl, ever. The "winner" part forget, OK he wins stuff good for him. He is in the same situation as a lot of good NFL quarterbacks who win stuff. The fact that he just broke his finger and is part of what I mean. That stuff doesn't happen to everybody, why him? It is just because it does. Vick is the same way, and so. It just isn't in the cards for them. One last thing, I have no idea what 4 years has to do with anything. Good luck!

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    See post #80. Can you really not comprehend that no two injuries are the same?
    It's hard, you'd have to think.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't question his toughness. At no point have I said he doesn't have heart as a competitor. My argument is very simple, and You and I will never be on the same page because it's all opinion at this point. Only time will tell, but my three points below are all perfectly justified.

1) No season with a QB rating above 88. Again, stats don't always tell the full story, but in a pass happy NFL you would expect a QB who someone previously argued as top 5 or 6 in the NFL to achieve a single season with a huge passer rating, Just one season.

2) He took over a team with Super Bowl talent and has managed fewer playoff wins than Rex Grossman. Cutler is obviously better than Grossman, but we all know Chicago has the talent to be a contender every year, yet Cutler has only won a single playoff game (at home against 7-9 Seattle)

3) Professional athletes, especially those coached by Lovie Smith, will maintain a professional approach to the media, but there have been too many stories about incidents behind closed doors where Cutler has clashed with teammates and coaches. Before he even entered the NFL I remember reading an article about how his college teammates despised him. I know Urlacher and Olsen and others have spoken up about his toughness, but you would have to be blind to ignore the signs that his teammates don't like him. Hell Donovan Mcnabb spent a decade in Philadelphia and there was never any public criticism from his teammates until moron Owens showed up. Years later we know that this his teammates did not like him, and never believed in him. The same thing is going on with Cutler right now.
    You're talking about in TWO seasons only. He didn't take over a Super Bowl team. He took over a team that went 16-16 the prior two seasons. Bears are 25-17 under Cutler. In his first season, that talent diminished when Urlacher missed the entire season. In his 2nd season he went to the NFL championship. How many playoff wins did Rodgers have in his first two seasons as a starter?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

QB rating is overrated. Doesn't always reflect the truth. You could argue Cutler hasn't had a bad game all year. His lowest rated game 46.7 vs. Carolina, he did not play badly at all, he just wasn't asked to do much. Bears got out to a lead and scored on special teams and defense and they didn't need him: 9/17, 102 yards, 1 INT (wasn't his fault). Same thing in the blowout of Detroit. Scored twice on defense: 9/19, 123, 0 INT. Perfectly managed the game.

The only disaster game was @ New Orleans when the O-Line played like they had just come from Burboun Street. And even at that, he threw 45 passes w/o an INT. Game-by game, not putting up the eye popping numbers of Rodgers (nobody is), but helping the cause. Of the Bears 3 losses, none of them were due to Cutler. New Orleans: like I said, just a disaster. Green Bay: who doesn't lose to them -- Cutler threw for over 300 yards. @ Detroit: terrible situational game. But despite a record number of false starts by his line, still managed 28/38, TD, 0 INT. In other words, Cutler has won some games for the Bears this season, but he hasn't lost any (unlike last season when he lost 2 or 3).
    Last edited by d2bets; 11-23-11 at 09:09 PM.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

the Bears may be known for defense and special teams, but the offense has been coming along. The Bears have scored 30+ points in 3 straight games for the first time this season. Watch that game against the Chargers, you can't tell me Cutler wasn't the main reason why the Bears won that game.

Jay can make throws that only a select few Qbs in the NFL can make, he has a rocket for an arm and when he scrambles out of the pocket he is a beast. One of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league.

and btw, Vick has missed weeks now due to broken ribs. Why aren't you calling him a pussy? huh? People get injured and miss games all the time in the NFL, but when it's Cutler people act like he's a huge pussy.

Vick throws 5 redzone interceptions. Rivers throws 18 interceptions for the season. But CUTLER is a turnover machine?

Vick misses time with broken ribs, Cassel is out, Schaub is out, Andre Johnson was out, but CUTLER is a pussy?

HENHOUSE
    HENHOUSE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cutler missed time though for a hang nail.....and in a playoff game....just sayin

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by HENHOUSE View Post
    Cutler missed time though for a hang nail.....and in a playoff game....just sayin
    cutler was totally ineffective that game anyway, him being pulled was a blessing-had been earlier they might have won

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Cry baby whiner that throws into coverage!!!!

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

If I were an NFL GM, Cutler would not occupy a roster spot.......complete waste and a negative for the entire team.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    If I were an NFL GM, Cutler would not occupy a roster spot.......complete waste and a negative for the entire team.
    You're way off base on this one, Fish.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I like Cutler. He hung in there strong early in the season when the Bear offensive line really struggled. Urlacher rarely pulls punches and I'll side with his insight on the situation. Some people will always be hating and I'd bet his biggest critics on toughness are soft as hell and never played a down of contact football themselves. Quote is from espn/chicago.

While confident in Hanie, Urlacher knows that it will be difficult to replace Cutler’s leadership.

“People underestimate how big of a leader he is on this team,” Urlacher said. “He doesn’t get enough credit for it. He’s a great teammate. He does a good job and he says all the right things at the right time. He gets on guys when he needs to, not just offense but team-wise he’ll say things when he needs to. So it’s going to be hard to replace that. You can’t do it. You’ve got to have guys try to step up and fill in for him, but he’s going to be missed.”

Urlacher thinks that Cutler, who is often criticized by those who don’t know him, is misunderstood.

“He’s a good guy,” Urlacher said. “He’s a good person. He doesn’t get enough credit for the type of guy he is. [Detractors] say he pouts. He doesn’t pout; he’s [ticked] off when things don’t go his way on the field. We all get mad, but he gets more [ticked] than the rest of us.

“He works his tail off every day in practice. He practices hurt. He practices all the time and never complains. He doesn’t complain after games, doesn’t call people out. He’s just a good stand-up guy, and the longer you’re around the guy the more you get to like him. He’s a good guy. He just gets a bad rap for no reason.”

First 123