itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

What happened to all the Cam Newton threads?

Sure did get quiet once he played out his season....11 TD 10Ints so far passing...7 rushing TDs 5 Fumbles (2 lost) and an overall rating in the low 80% range......hardly MVP numbers to go with the hype.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I hope you understand that a rookie QB on pace for 4000+ yards with an 84 passer rating is the equivalent of a veteran QB having a 100+ QB

he will be awesome within 2-3 years

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

He caught everyone off gaurd with stellar play to start the season...now he is playing more like everyone anticipated...all in all a much better season than I speculated...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

2-6

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

5-4 ATS, clean cut, winning attitude. Need some defense.

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I hope you understand that a rookie QB on pace for 4000+ yards with an 84 passer rating is the equivalent of a veteran QB having a 100+ QB

At the end of the day one thing and only one thing matters...did you win or lose??? Tebow has been one of the most valuable qb's over the last few games of any NFL qb because of one stat...WINS...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    At the end of the day one thing and only one thing matters...did you win or lose??? Tebow has been one of the most valuable qb's over the last few games of any NFL qb because of one stat...WINS...
    Tebow's defense holds the opposition to about 10 points in addition to getting turnovers. Panthers defense usually holds the opposition to about 30 points

you understand football is a team game right???

Djstucky

Tebow's defense holds the opposition to about 10 points in addition to getting turnovers. Panthers defense usually holds the opposition to about 30 points

you understand football is a team game right???
    Yeah I understand it's a team game but maybe you should tell cam a TEAM game doesn't mean making sure your own defensive team gets plenty of playing time...you do realize the defense doesn't play on the field in the offense has the ball right???

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Newton will be in the Superbowl in a few more years

Ra77er

Dj -Cam puts points on the board and also makes rookie mistakes. Its not like we are anemic like last years team, who managed to score 10 points all year. Huge upgrade over Jake or Matt Moore imo, who were only asked to throw the ball maybe one time every 4 downs and try to manage the clock. John Fox is very conservative and it suits Tebow in Denver but I personally got tired of his play calling 3 years ago. Im glad he's gone and I'll happily take a gunslinger with wheels over Tecmo Bowl sweep rights with an interception on 3rd down.
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave Ra77er 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Cam is the future.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

It's like Keenum in Houston in college etc....if you throw 36-45 times a game sure you'll put up yardage...but at end of the day...you throw 10 picks to your 11 Tds....equalizer....and in the NFL this won't win out long term. Look at Dalton in Cincy and those type teams....need to be more than one dimensional. In a Division vs Matt Ryan and Drew in N.O. Carolina is far from a Super Bowl threat.

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Dj -Cam puts points on the board and also makes rookie mistakes. Its not like we are anemic like last years team, who managed to score 10 points all year. Huge upgrade over Jake or Matt Moore imo, who were only asked to throw the ball maybe one time every 4 downs and try to manage the clock. John Fox is very conservative and it suits Tebow in Denver but I personally got tired of
    his play calling 3 years ago. Im glad
    he's gone and I'll happily take a
    gunslinger with wheels over Tecmo
    Bowl sweep rights with an interception
    on 3rd down.
    Fair enough...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Itchy my brother, he's a rookie....We'll see in a couple of years.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

actually, not true, usually about ten a week about him , your lost kid

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Itchy my brother, he's a rookie....We'll see in a couple of years.
    Hey there's a Jew on your Avatar!

Yeah I know he's a rookie but what we see now is his game as it will stay....remember the other 'hybrid' QBs over years....Vick being the main one. They can't simply turn into a pocket passer and great reader of defenses like a Manning or whoever. I mean look at Favre...guy was a real unorthadox threat....he could scramble and throw at same time...great pocket presence when things broke down....Big Ben in Pitt being able to extend plays like he does etc.

I can see Cam being used in certain packages...same as Tebow....but to base an entire system around their style just won't work here I don't think. There is a reason why Dixon hasn't done anything out of Oregon, Pryor in Oakland still being passed over...we all know Byron Leftwich and Garrard in Jax legacy etc. Cam is the same with a few more elite intangibles but he will not get to a Super Bowl or even sniff it in my opinion as a QB.

Ra77er

Vick wasnt nearly in the same league as a rookie as a passer like Cam is. Cam can throw the football and he can make plays with his legs, which is unlike Vick as a baby outta VT. Offseason shortened by a lockout, combined with some brutal early season linebacker injuries has forced the panthers to score as many as possible to stay competitve. Todays game is a classic example. Panther D will allow the lions back in and Cam will be forced to contiunally make plays.

Ra77er

Being that your an Alabama fan it makes sense though. I saw the E:60 piece and that is a lotta hate in one state. I respect the loyalties and the Rivalry, and I'm sure Alabama fans want Cam to die a horrible death. Unfortunately he is a pretty good athlete and has done well beyond mosts expectations.

brahmabull117

Yeah I understand it's a team game but maybe you should tell cam a TEAM game doesn't mean making sure your own defensive team gets plenty of playing time...you do realize the defense doesn't play on the field in the offense has the ball right???

I don't get what you're talking about here

Carolina and Cinci average the same time of possession - http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...sion-net-of-ot

the difference is that the bengals have a great defense and the panthers defense is atrocious

Djstucky

I don't get what you're talking about here
    Carolina and Cinci average the same time of possession - http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...sion-net-of-ot

the difference is that the bengals have a great defense and the panthers defense is atrocious
    your argument supports simply time of possession which doesn't indicate where on the field the turnovers occurred nor at what time of the game...these are HUGE factors...let me just save us both time because there are supporting stats to favor whatever side we each want to debate for or against...we simply just don't agree here...it's that simple...

brahmabull117

your argument supports simply time of possession which doesn't indicate where on the field the turnovers occurred nor at what time of the game...these are HUGE factors...let me just save us both time because there are supporting stats to favor whatever side we each want to debate for or against...we simply just don't agree here...it's that simple...

stop trying to wiggle your way out

there's nothing hard or confusing about this argument - http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Cincinatti defense - #5 in the league in points allowed
    Carolina defense - #30 in the league in points allowed

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Being that your an Alabama fan it makes sense though. I saw the E:60 piece and that is a lotta hate in one state. I respect the loyalties and the Rivalry, and I'm sure Alabama fans want Cam to die a horrible death. Unfortunately he is a pretty good athlete and has done well beyond mosts expectations.
    I won't lie, it makes it easier to knock on him but I'd do the same if he was from any other school. I'm not saying McElroy or Brodie Croyle would be better being from Bama...just saying in the NFL it won't pan out....he's a great athlete no doubt....a special player but just not a QB.

He's another polarizing personality like Tebow and Manning or Brady....and as much as I can't stand Peyton, at least he's a good sport about things....Cam is a cocky SOB for someone who hasn't won anything on this level yet....sure he's got the Heisman and BCS from college but so does Ingram with the Saints but you don't see him being an asshole on the field and off....and look at Julio in Atlanta vs Fairly etc....totally opposite personalities that come out of the two programs every year

Djstucky

stop trying to wiggle your way out
    there's nothing hard or confusing about this argument - http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

defense - #5 in the league in points allowed
    Carolina defense - #30 in the league in points allowed
    You are using defensive stats to justify why cams turnover prone...not trying to wiggle out of anything...just don't feel like hanging out in left field with ya bro...

Ra77er

I'd agree IP with mostly everything you have said. Cam is trying to bring some swagger to the Panthers which is something we haven't had since maybe Rae Carruth was shooting up his girlfriend. I can understand people's distaste for a flashy persona.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

what do you expect from rookies coming to team who just had 1st overall pick??? what did the Colts do in 1998? 3-13 rookie Manning season, just 1 season later they went 13-3. its about what people see in a QB and their ability to improve and get better season by season as does the team around him.