Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Does any1 make $ using betfair bots?

If it is profitable and worth it I will look to get into it maybe, if you do not need a big bankroll.
    Does any1 here do it?

thanks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are you talking about programs like marketfeeder pro??

They are good but you need to know what your doing and markets have to high lots of liquidity

Winner_13

yea jj, bots that automatically arb for u i havent looked into it do not have the time but will if its profitable with just over 8 gs bankroll

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Yes but I have my own one that I have been refining for over 10 years.
    The generic ones that you can buy/subscribe to are pretty much useless now because they are so widely used.

I disagree with jjgold. Feeding money into high liquidity markets hoping to scalp a cent multiple times is not very productive. Medium liquidity markets provide the best return (higher margins) but it is imperative that the 'bot' and your scripts work from real-time market odds.
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave FourLengthsClear 13 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Winner_13

fourlengths how do these bots work? they automatically find different offers and just arb them? sorry I realize I am trying to cut down my own research time and lking to people for quick answers

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    fourlengths how do these bots work? they automatically find different offers and just arb them? sorry I realize I am trying to cut down my own research time and lking to people for quick answers
    The ones that you see advertised will generally only operate in a single market and put in back/lay bets in line with criteria that you dictate. Assuming your objective is always to 'green up' and minimise your exposure, the primary input would always be the underlying Betfair market odds and Weight of money of each side..

Take tomorrow's EPL match as an example:

An off the shelf bot would generally be set up to Back Chelsea at 1.93 - 1.94 and lay them at 1.92 and 1.91 with the expectation that with the GBP 20m or so that will be matched on this market before the teams/lineups are announced, you will be able to get a good amount matched on both sides with that 1 or 2 pip differential. The same of course, applies to the odds for the draw and for Liverpool.

Some user will set up scripts that cross-match this market with the -0.5 Asian Handicap market but that takes some programming ability.

As I said though this is not very productive and what you really want/need to be doing is searching for bigger margins than one or two pips.

My own program uses the lines from a selection of books as it's baseline and will 'hunt' for Betfair markets where the underlying market is off and will then feed in offers up to an exposure limit that I set.

An example is in NCAAF tonight.

Probably because the line has moved on this match (-9.5 to -7.5) the market has become skewed. Pinny currently has K State +7.5 at 1.88, which equates to a no vig fair line (at +9.5) of 1.82. My bot has identified that and is happily feeding (relatively small because this is a low liquidity market) lay bets in at 1.75 and 1.76. Of course because the market is skewed it means that I have an exposure. More than likely the Betfair market will correct itself before kick-off and I can green up, but if not (unless the market moves further toward K State) I will have a +EV situation. That still leaves me with lots of choices (arb at another book, leave a polish middle, look to let it ride or trade down the exposure in-play).

My bot took hundreds/thousands of programming hours but there is a commercial platform (Gruss Betting Assistant) that uses excel sheets as a base. If you can import (either scraping HTML or converting XML) you could at least get started with this sort of thing.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 11-19-11 at 06:12 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

FourLengthsClear unfukkin real

Now talk about being an advanced player and YOU WIN

You need a big bankroll though do make money
    I am pretty sure marketfeeder has lot of free scripts you can use in the program
    Betangel also is pretty good but not as advanced

offshoregenius77
    offshoregenius77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job four lengths. I wish I could participate in the betfair markets