GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

One Bet You Should All Be On Sunday

Minnesota Vikings +1

Typical overreaction game. Thursday night we all saw how good Oakland looked against the Chargers. I had Raiders +7 that game but still wasn't really impressed. They made the big plays when they needed to but that game should have been put to bed way earlier. Carson still doesn't look like he did in his prime and I think people are now considering the Raiders as AFC West contenders mostly because of him. This running game is overrated by the way, especially without McFadden. The yardage numbers will always be there because thats what happens when you give 30+ carries to your running back. Michael Bush broke a few big ones but still didn't run it all that well on a down to down basis. His 150+ yards were a bit deceiving on his 30 carries. Not to mention Minnesota is still a good run defense. They are allowing just 79 rushing yards per game at home this season. Too many key players are banged up. Even the ones who will probably play will be dealing with injuries. Rolondo McClain, Richard Seymour, and Michael Huff are three key defensive players who will probably all play through their injuries. But what they miss without guys like Darren McFadden and Jacoby Ford on the field can't be made up. Both guys have the ability to turn a routine play into a huge touchdown which is basically what the Raiders have feasted on this year.

In the meantime we have another over reaction to the Vikings Monday Night loss everyone saw. Christian Ponder didn't look as terrible as he could have in Green Bay on a Monday night against the best team in football. The Vikings found themselves in a deep hole only allowing AP 14 carries and any quarterback will struggle against this defense when they can pin their ears back and rush the quarterback, The thing that impressed me most about him was his demeanor. Even though nothing was really going their way Ponder continued to peel himself off the ground and absorb the hits after the throw. I have to say I was wrong about him. I watched him for years in college and was never really impressed but I think this kid could end up with a solid career in his future. Oakland has given up 130+ rushing yards per game this year and if AP gets going it takes everything off of Ponder and it will allow you to see the Vikings game plan actually come together. I also liked the way they are starting to incorporate Percy Harvin into the backfield and really trying to get him the ball as many times as they can. Sure the defensive backfield is thin but against receivers who are just going to try to outrun you it is hard to get burnt on a consistent basis in this league.

Bottom Line
    -Good Matchup for Vikings
    -Public overreacting to National TV games
    -2/3 of the money coming in on Oak yet line has sunk to -1
    -West Coast coming to play a 1:00 start (overrated aspect but some teams are still effected)

Prediction
    AP has a good day, Vikings D stuffs running game, Ponder is efficient and Vikes walk out with an important W in developing this team.

Get on it or fade it. Good luck.

**** JJ Gold.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm on the Vikes, Bucs, Ravens and probably Chargers.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Bucs bet is interesting. Possibility of snow turned me off earlier in the week haven't checked it since though. Good luck.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Nice post! Some good points made! Who's the chic in the avatar?!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

totally agree.

rwd201
    rwd201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Whats the deal on Ponder's hand? When did this injury first happen?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Giants are a very solid play, if you take a QB that has not played in a long time in the nfl your a fukkin idiot

TooRaw
    TooRaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade it. Minnesota has no secondary. You guys might stop Bush to 80-90 yards but thats all Oakland needs. Run Run Run, Play action deep to DHB or Moore. IMO

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Nice post! Some good points made! Who's the chic in the avatar?!
    Agree, agree, and agree...

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    Agree, agree, and agree...

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Good to hear from you bj! Where the fk u been? Could use some quality threads around here. Lta, dex, and a few others been holding it down tho! Best of luck!

jjgold

Minny is a bad team
    Bad QB
    Peterson afraid to get hurt

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Peterson afraid to get hurt

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Yeah agree totally. The Vikings are a NFL powerhouse and are a genuine lock to win this game on Sunday.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Nice to see u around bro.

I agree, minny should get it done.

mrpinkie
    mrpinkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2094

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

take the giants minus 5 lock of the century

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by kfranz31 View Post
    take the giants minus 5 lock of the century

can you Please start a thread with that title?

that way i can start spending my eagles winnings already

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Good to see u back bj. I know ur good at what u do but this is a bad pick. I Can certainly see where ur coming from. Ap could take over but u think ur wrong where. Good luck in ur future endeavors

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Vikings secondary is devastated with injuries and carson palmer has looked better and better every week

I'm gonna tease Oakland cause I think they will win or lose in a very tight battle, but I don't think this is a good matchup for Minny. Ponder has only really looked good in 1 game this year so you better hope AP has 150+ yards

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm on the Vikes, Bucs, Ravens and probably Chargers.
    Chargers? Game looks awfully similar to the Falcons at Bears and Lions at Bears games... we know how both of those ended up.

Betting against the Bears at home is usually a losing proposition.

jjgold

I say 78% of bettors on Giants Sunday Night

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

out of all the games why is this the best bet of the week? i dont get it and you say the vikings are gonna stuff the run.....you no there ranked 30th against the run right??? raiders roll in this gm

IrishStoner
    IrishStoner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks alot man.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Sorry sir, i disagree. I am a huge Oakland backer, and Carson Palmer is only going to get better with his young receiver core. Oakland has a good front four, keeping AP in check is a must for them.

So I am pretty much on the opposite side of you.
    I have been on Oakland all year though, they had switched up their game plan a lot. It used to be all on the rb with mcfadden and bush, and Campbell wasn't asked to do much of anything. If you go back and look in the games he won, he actually had more ints then tds.

But Now Mcfadden is out, no sign of coming back, and a new QB. And Suddleny the QB is asked to win them games, and the RB is asked to back him up. Don't get me wrong Bush is a quality RB, probably a starter in the league. But Mcfdaden is one of the best, if not the best in the game.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree big overreaction game min clearly a better home then road team.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    agree big overreaction game min clearly a better home then road team.
    I don't get the 'over reaction'. Oakland is a good team. They have beaten quality teams this year. Teams who are a lot better then Minny. I think Oakland finally found a great coach. I love Hue Jackson and he has his team play hard every down, and every game.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

If Mcgahee Old@ss can run over the Raider, AP will go banana's tomorrow.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

OAK is a better team that MIN. Doesn't mean they'll win but I wouldn't bet against them with Ponder and Co. Oak Dline should blow them up. I like the over in this game at first glance.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    Good to hear from you bj! Where the fk u been? Could use some quality threads around here. Lta, dex, and a few others been holding it down tho! Best of luck!
    Been laying low. Went into JJGold for 20k+ he is a bitch though and I am out of hiding. I'm going to try to get a lil more posting in.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Nice to see u around bro.

I agree, minny should get it done.
    Pac how you been? Still runnin this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Good to see u back bj. I know ur good at what u do but this is a bad pick. I Can certainly see where ur coming from. Ap could take over but u think ur wrong where. Good luck in ur future endeavors
    Bad pick? Come on Eddie. Get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    out of all the games why is this the best bet of the week? i dont get it and you say the vikings are gonna stuff the run.....you no there ranked 30th against the run right??? raiders roll in this gm
    I don't know, it's my favorite game of the week. If I lose I lose. If I win ELLLLLLLA $$$$$. I mean making up stats is fun and all but don't bring that shit in here. Vikings are 6th against the run. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Oak also has the benefit of more rest. Ponder looked ok, but the rest of Minny looked awful. GL though.

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2507

I'm on the Vikes too!!!
    BOL

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

Line all over the place, -1 to -2 and 1/2. Like the Vi-Queens to bouce back after GB debacle.

EZ

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also remember man raiders have injured players on the defense and that the reason the vikes lost was that they were coming off the bye week, that shit hurts rather than benefits most teams this year