He has to move

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

good, if the police wont punish him for what he did then football should

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He spent the last 20yrs of his life trying to make his name the most revered name in NCAAFB coaching history

now his name is shitt

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Penn States best history was as an independent, not in the big ten

Not a big deal

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Penn States best history was as an independent

Like this one?

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

**** the big ten

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Yea they did this earlier today, saw it on CNN. 9 hours ago.

Amos Alonzo Stagg won 319 games in 57 years, most at the University of Chicago. Paterno's 409 wins are the most by a major college coach.
    Robert Stagg of Grand Rapids, Mich., a great grandson of Amos Alonzo Stagg, said last week his family was honored to have the Stagg name on the trophy whatever happened with Paterno's name.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post

Like this one?

I was thinking more like 82 and 86 when they were considered real natl champs.

Iironically I they hadn't joined the b10 then they would have likely been champs when keg Collins and kijana were there since they wouldn't have been stuck in the roser

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Penn States best history was as an independent, not in the big ten Not a big deal

agreed they werent big 10 till 92...

why not put bo on there? i would woody hayes, but then the winning coach would have to sock one of the other players in the mug..

America no longer innocent till proven guilty, everyone needs to be politically correct

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Silly to have an award named for someone who was still actively coaching anyhow...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

When it's all said and done. Everyone is going to have a negative connotation of joe pa and penn state for at least a generation.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Feel awful for the guy.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Feel awful for the guy.
    why do you feel sorry for him?

he made his own bed and you know what? it was filled with 10 year old boys

its not like you can say he made a mistake, for 8 years he knowingly covered up the most horrendous crime a man can commit, and he would have continued to cover it up had he not been caught. he doesnt even seem remorseful, such a horrible person he is, and he is arrogant as fuk, he had the nerve to send out his support to the kids and their families, when he had the chance to stop those crimes from ever happening

and yes child rape is the worst crime a man can commit, there is a reason rapists and child molesters are raped, beaten and killed by other CRIMINALS when they go to prison, even murders feel the have the moral highground when they are in a room with a child molester

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

joe realy got shited , what did he do wrong ? he was told yes told by the red head that he the red head saw something so joe went and told his boss the ad. what he was told. now think about it joe didnt see shit that i no of, all was hear say at that point he told the ad what he was told ,,, dam id be realy pissed if i was joe p

WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how everyone has made up their mind before 95% of the facts of this case have been presented.

Everyone has already lynched Mike M. in the media and it is now coming out that he didn't run away and actually did stop Sandusky.

Gotta love people who make assumptions based on 5% of the evidence/details.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: koz-man

WichitaStateFan

IF it is revealed that the A.D. lied to Joe Paterno and told Paterno he went to the police and the police found no wrong doing, then is Joe Pa clean in your mind? Guy was in his upper 70's and had a whole program to run.

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaStateFan View Post

IF it is revealed that the A.D. lied to Joe Paterno and told Paterno he went to the police and the police found no wrong doing, then is Joe Pa clean in your mind? Guy was in his upper 70's and had a whole program to run.

Too late for all of that

JoePa's name is shitt

I aint saying it is right but just is

WichitaStateFan

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Too late for all of that

JoePa's name is shitt

I aint saying it is right but just is
    I've always respected Joe Pa. I'm going to withhold judgment until all the facts are out. If he did what some are already assuming (the worst) then he'll lose my respect. Until then, he's been treated unfairly.

P.F.Kasooff

Dude, JoePa has been fired, Big Ten removed his name from trophy, he is persona non grata. He will die a broken man

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaStateFan View Post
    I think if he only knew about one incident or so and was told the police were notified it's totally different IMO. Of course I don't know the facts but I think paterno knew too much and spoke too little. The whole situation is sickening. At the end of the day I don't want to see anyone ruined who's not guilty and want to see ALL the guilty punished appropriately.

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

I can't even imagine why people are defending Joe Pa. As a father I can have no sympathy for child rape. Get a life!!! A man used his position as a trusted member of the Penn State family to prey on children that were lacking fathers or mothers and didn't have much money. Joe Paterno is a great example for why NO PERSON should stay in a position of power for a long period of time. Penn State is done.......rest in peace.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

This is getting out of hand. His 60+ years of loyalty to the university is trashed. 60 years of working at the same place is a long time

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    joe realy got shited , what did he do wrong ? he was told yes told by the red head that he the red head saw something so joe went and told his boss the ad. what he was told. now think about it joe didnt see shit that i no of, all was hear say at that point he told the ad what he was told ,,, dam id be realy pissed if i was joe p
    When he saw evidence that the situation was being covered up, then he had yet ANOTHER obligation, but he chose his career over his moral and ethical considerations. Period.

Legally, he did what he had to do. Morally and ethically, he fumbled the ball and shit the bed.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    This is getting out of hand. His 60+ years of loyalty to the university is trashed. 60 years of working at the same place is a long time
    And if more stories were to surface, we could see that 60 years comes at a price. It is UNREALISTIC to think this is an isolated incident. His reaction to the scandal is proof in my mind that other things less heinous have been happening here, and he has dodged and hid from them.