Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Fairfield has a good squad this year, watch out

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

This line & Richmond +6.5 @ Davidson make very little sense, I would imagine Ken Pomeroy has these games predicted like this but since I didn't pay for his subsription yet I can't tell. I will be playing both Providence & Richmond this evening.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Fairfield is good.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Providence has one senior on a whole team that got 4 wins in their conference last year. The Stags can shoot the 3 ball too. I like Fairfield but not sure by this much. A double digit win wouldn't surprise me either. Probably will pass.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Stags are no joke.

Used to follow them quite a bit.

MAAC is know for fixes quite often if I remember.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I got Prov +8. Providence's new coach is the former Fairfield coach, and Fairfield just got Princeton's old coach. Should be an interesting game.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Got Providence at +8. Providence has more depth and will hang in there, no MAAC team should be this heavily favored against a big conference school.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    This line & Richmond +6.5 @ Davidson make very little sense, I would imagine Ken Pomeroy has these games predicted like this but since I didn't pay for his subsription yet I can't tell. I will be playing both Providence & Richmond this evening.
    hopefully you know how much richmond lost from last year. no idea about them this year but they definitely are not the same team.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

guys Quinnipac pounded Fairfield on the glass, nearly doubling them up in rebounds. They may shoot the basketball well, but they'll struggle to play with athletic teams. Gerard Coleman is a solid ballplayer, had offers from UL and other high major schools out of HS

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Got Providence at +8. Providence has more depth and will hang in there, no MAAC team should be this heavily favored against a big conference school.

FringBenefit
    FringBenefit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please remember that Providence was 0-10 in their conference last year and lost to DePaul at home. Fairfield by 13+ in my opinion.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Can anyone explain this?
    What it means is that books think that Fairfield will win by 7 points. Hope this explains it for you.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by FringBenefit View Post
    Please remember that Providence was 0-10 in their conference last year and lost to DePaul at home. Fairfield by 13+ in my opinion.
    False. They played more than 10 conf games and I believe they had 4 wins, including a couple of tough home losses to quality Big East teams

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they score a lot

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Had Fairfield locked in at -7 last night...theres something special here...

dfberger23

Looks good.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

PC was easy money. Banged 'em +8 and ML

I don't get why books think mid-level, mid-major teams can hang with below average, elite conf teams like PC, St Johns, etc. These Big East teams still get elite national talent as well some of the best regional talent

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    they score a lot
    You won't see PC scoring 100/game like last year. Keno Davis is no longer coach, which means they'll actually try to play some defense this year. Marshawn Brooks is gone, too. He avg over 25 ppg last season.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

I don't get why books think mid-level, mid-major teams can hang with below average, elite conf teams like PC, St Johns, etc. These Big East teams still get elite national talent as well some of the best regional talent
    Super easy when youre winning your bet by 21 points at the end of the game.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Give me a break. I made posts in other threads that stated PC was an easy play all afternoon

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Was on Providence also, nobody had stated the biggest reason to take Providence, shocking.

dfberger23

PC was easy money. Banged 'em +8 and ML I don't get why books think mid-level, mid-major teams can hang with below average, elite conf teams like PC, St Johns, etc. These Big East teams still get elite national talent as well some of the best regional talent
    Exactly.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Nowadays it's more common than its ever been before. Exhibit A: Notre Dame is struggling bad against Detroit at home right now. Lots of mid majors have had more success in the tournament...can't see why they can't beat bottom feeders of power leagues. Glad you hit...just saying its not necessarily a rule of thumb.

dfberger23

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Nowadays it's more common than its ever been before. Exhibit A: Notre Dame is struggling bad against Detroit at home right now. Lots of mid majors have had more success in the tournament...can't see why they can't beat bottom feeders of power leagues. Glad you hit...just saying its not necessarily a rule of thumb.
    Horizon is a step above the MAAC. MAAC is one of the worst conferences in college basketball.

I wouldn't even call MAAC team mid-majors, small conference team would be more appropriate.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Horizon is a step above the MAAC. MAAC is one of the worst conferences in college basketball.

I wouldn't even call MAAC team mid-majors, small conference team would be more appropriate.
    Fair enough...maac does have a little history with la salle, manhattan and Siena.

dfberger23

Fair enough...maac does have a little history with la salle, manhattan and Siena.
    Manhattan beat Florida in the tournament one year and almost beat Wake Forest. I live 5 minutes from the campus, used to go to all the games, Bobby Gonzalez made them real good behind Luis Flores. They have such a great talent pool in NYC but sadly Manhattan is awful now.

La Salle is A10.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Manhattan beat Florida in the tournament one year and almost beat Wake Forest. I live 5 minutes from the campus, used to go to all the games, Bobby Gonzalez made them real good behind Luis Flores. They have such a great talent pool in NYC but sadly Manhattan is awful now.

La Salle is A10.
    La salle's most recent history was in the maac

I saw that Lionel Simmons team win the maac tourney the night hank gathers died. Most surreal night in my life as a sports fan. Simmons was crying in the bench and no one in the crowd knew why. If it happened today the whole arena would know in 2.2 seconds.

I was also at the Florida game that manhattan won. That florida team with Roberson and Walsh were fukkin dawgs. Couldn't believe billy d won one title let alone two after that embarrassment.

dfberger23

La salle's most recent history was in the maac I saw that Lionel Simmons team win the maac tourney the night hank gathers died. Most surreal night in my life as a sports fan. Simmons was crying in the bench and no one in the crowd knew why. If it happened today the whole arena would know in 2.2 seconds. I was also at the Florida game that manhattan won. That florida team with Roberson and Walsh were fukkin dawgs. Couldn't believe billy d won one title let alone two after that embarrassment.
    Didn't realize they used to be in the MAAC.

Wonder how Simmons heard the news.

I was shocked when they beat Florida, it was amazing.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Didn't realize they used to be in the MAAC.

Wonder how Simmons heard the news.

I was shocked when they beat Florida, it was amazing.
    Game was live on espn so I'm sure a lot of people knew about it. Unreal that me and some buds were at the game and had no way of knowing based on how fast news travels now.

That la salle team had Simmons, Doug Overton and randy woods. They were nasty. Siena had bennerman...that was the year before he averaged like 45 in the nit.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    I got Prov +8. Providence's new coach is the former Fairfield coach, and Fairfield just got Princeton's old coach. Should be an interesting game.
    This was the key to that game. I'm sure they sure had some extra motivation to beat the new coachs old team. He's pretty damn good coach too.