Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Texans Are A Super Bowl Contender

#1 ranked defense in the NFL. 7-3 record. Getting Andre Johnson back after the bye week. Only 3 winning teams left on their schedule, so they might get home field in the playoffs. Great to be a Texan fan.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The Texans dominate opponents who have struggling offenses. They are too balanced on offense not to score their share of points. I'm still a bit weary to take them against other quick striking offenses as their defense is still a bit sketchy. I know they put up strong numbers on defense this year, but they have not played any dynamic offenses besides maybe the Saints who put up 40 against them. Still, they are going to cover a lot of games this year because a lot of their opponents still left on their schedule have major offensive problems meaning blowouts like today will become more common IMO.

Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

Yes...it is good to be a Texan fan after all these tough years. They could get the top seed in the conference. Not sure if anybody can stop their runniing game.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    The Texans dominate opponents who have struggling offenses. They are too balanced on offense not to score their share of points. I'm still a bit weary to take them against other quick striking offenses as their defense is still a bit sketchy. I know they put up strong numbers on defense this year, but they have not played any dynamic offenses besides maybe the Saints who put up 40 against them. Still, they are going to cover a lot of games this year because a lot of their opponents still left on their schedule have major offensive problems meaning blowouts like today will become more common IMO.

Look at the AFC though

how many dynamic offenses are there with a bunch of receiving threats that can spread you out and kill you like the saints do??

Texans have what it takes to beat the ravens, steelers or jets in the playoffs
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-13-11 at 04:06 PM.

TexansFan

My main concern is Schaub. He looks good when he has a lead, like most any QB would. The guy still hasn't ever been able to bring the team back when it counts in a big game.

That's what makes a great QB, coming through in the clutch. Now that the Texans have a defense hopefully it will take some of the pressure off of him.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I'm not sure why more people weren't on them (or at least talking about them) earlier this week. I loaded up with a $400 play and it looked over early in that game. They have a good balance between both sides of the ball. Keep in mind this is a team w/o their best player on offense AND defense.

hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed...unfortunately living in Austin I was not able to see the blowout today. More and more pissed about losing to the crappy Raiders a few weeks ago...If they get home field advantage I think they could make a run to the Super Bowl....wonder what Butt Adams thinks about them this year...

TexansFan

Bud Adams can kiss my ass.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Team got big win today. That means half of Pizzas tommorrow!!. Wade Phillips has really done wonders with the defense, along with the additions of rookie JJ.Watt and Jonathon Joseph

TexansFan

Yep, now they get two weeks off to get some much needed rest. Division is won, they are playing for conference seeding now.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Tampa Bay is awful

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are tough, solid runner and solid passing

How is there Defense??

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They are tough, solid runner and solid passing How is there Defense??
    lol, did you not read this part in the op JJ??

#1 ranked defense in the NFL.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Andre Johnson has been out for this 5 game win streak, i think he will be back after the bye week

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

No one is talking about them, they are real good.

TexansFan

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Andre Johnson has been out for this 5 game win streak, i think he will be back after the bye week
    Yeah, there was really no reason to push him. You never know with those hamstring injuries.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Still untested. Easiest schedule in the NFL. They should get a bye in the playoffs. Interesting to see what happens then...

#1 D is really stretching it. Total yards is an overrated statistic.

Astros148
    Astros148's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Still untested. Easiest schedule in the NFL. They should get a bye in the playoffs. Interesting to see what happens then...

#1 D is really stretching it. Total yards is an overrated statistic.
    we beat the steerlers and very easily could have beaten the saints WITHOUT foster

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

i think so too. but only if johnson is healthy. you can't replace guys like that when its cold in the playoffs.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Team got big win today. That means half of Pizzas tommorrow!!. Wade Phillips has really done wonders with the defense, along with the additions of rookie JJ.Watt and Jonathon Joseph
    Don't forget Brooks Reed. The kid already has 5 sacks, and that is after Mario went down. Playing great for a rookie.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Lost a bunch of money in college yesterday and my first big play of the day was the Texans.Won half back and it was clear to see it over in the second quarter. Don't know about Schaub but the Texans seem legit

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Kubiak has always wanted to mirror the old Shanahan model on offense. Great offensive line, depth at running back which in turn improves the passing game, and strong at the TE position. They have two starters (Foster, Ben Tate), and a solid veteran (Derrick Ward) at the RB position. Eats up a lot of clock, and keeps the defense fresh.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

If the Texans get home field advantage then they could beat anybody in the AFC. Wade Phillips should be coach of the year the way he has turned the D around. Rick Smith had an amazing draft this past year and the offense is running like a machine and not making stupid turnovers like last year. Thank god Nnamdi turned the Texans down and instead we got Jonathan Joseph who might be the best cornerback in the league behind Revis. After years of frustration it feels damn good to be a Texans fan and with all this young talent like ( Foster, Tate, JJ, Reid, Cushing, Joseph) we might have a very nice run in a very weak AFC South for years to come. By the way Cushing is a freak'in beast! That dude might be the defensive player of the year. Major props to Bob McNair with keeping Kubiak.

triqy
    triqy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Texans baby! We finally have a winner. Lets get a first round bye!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Astros148 View Post
    we beat the steerlers and very easily could have beaten the saints WITHOUT foster
    and you might be one of many #1 seeds that are out after one game.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by triqy View Post
    Texans baby! We finally have a winner. Lets get a first round bye!
    There are 2 ways the texans don't lose a first round playoff game...

1) they get a bye
    2) they don't make the playoffs

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

A team that has never ever been in the playoffs is suddenly a Superbowl contender by beating a bunch of Scrubs teams. They also a play in a division that has two of the worst team in the league Jags, and Colts.

One thing I will give them is, they got Gary Kubiak who's has a lot of inexperience with Superbowl teams as a player and coordinator.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Astros148 View Post
    Steelers were banged and a different team at the time, Houston does not go to Pitt and win.
    Saints lost to the Rams/Bucs, overrated soft team.

Baltimore smacked Houston around all day.

Teams Houston has not played Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Packers, Niners, Falcons, Patriots, Jets, Chargers.

Houston plays Baltimore/NE/Pit in the playoffs, they lose. Simple.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Steelers were banged and a different team at the time, Houston does not go to Pitt and win.
    Saints lost to the Rams/Bucs, overrated soft team.

Baltimore smacked Houston around all day.

Teams Houston has not played Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Packers, Niners, Falcons, Patriots, Jets, Chargers.

Houston plays Baltimore/NE/Pit in the playoffs, they lose. Simple.

The Alex Smith guy says Houston will be one-n-done in the playoffs. Lets see how good Smith looks in Baltimore? I wouldn't say Houston has a elite defense esp. without Mario Williams but their O-line might be the best in football. You said it yourself about the schedules as well. Houston will be favored from here on out and they should get Johnson back soon. They should be at home with a bye. My only question is Schaub. I've seen every Houston/Indy game as a Colts fan and he's choked away atleast 3 very winnable games. I still like their chances to make the SB much better than SF or anyone in the NFC if Rodgers is still on the field.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    The Alex Smith guy says Houston will be one-n-done in the playoffs. Lets see how good Smith looks in Baltimore? I wouldn't say Houston has a elite defense esp. without Mario Williams but their O-line might be the best in football. You said it yourself about the schedules as well. Houston will be favored from here on out and they should get Johnson back soon. They should be at home with a bye. My only question is Schaub. I've seen every Houston/Indy game as a Colts fan and he's choked away atleast 3 very winnable games. I still like their chances to make the SB much better than SF or anyone in the NFC if Rodgers is still on the field.
    I think most people think the same way about SF as they do about Hou. Don't want to believe.

It will really depend who they play in the playoffs.

Too early to make a prediction right now.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think most people think the same way about SF as they do about Hou. Don't want to believe.

It will really depend who they play in the playoffs.

Too early to make a prediction right now.

You're right....SF's defense is for real and so is Houston's offense. They should both be at home atleast 1 game but neither one is playoff tested either. I just look at Houston and see they didn't have Foster for 3 games and now Andre Johnson has been out 4 or 5 and they're still rolling. SF impressed me yesterday but nobody is stopping Rodgers unless he gets hurt. He takes alot of hits so its possible. Their D is shaky but they make the plays they need to make and they've been thru the big games too.

luckythansmart
    luckythansmart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Schaub out for the rest of the season.
    Broken bone in the foot.
    Just when they look like they can take control of the AFC.
    They are jinxed.
    Don't think they make the playoffs now.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Schaub is done for the year. Texans are not a contender anymore

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

jinx thread of the year.

i was thinking about taking future on this team to win afc

12 Last