Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Marquez not robbed -facts on points here

ALLLLTHOUGHHH THE FIGHT WAS CLOSE U GUYS KNOW NOT JUST THIS FIGHT BUT EVERRYYY FIGHT IN BOXING THE UNDERDOG HAS TO KNOCK OUT A BIG FAV OR HE NVR WINS DECISIONS...U KNOW THIS!

TO THE FACTS ON WHAT MATTERS IN POINTS:

Pacquiao threw more punches (578-436)
    landed more punches (176-138
    more jabs (59-38)
    power punches (117-100)

IF THESE R THE FACTS OF THE FIGHT AND THIS IS HOW THEY SCORE..UNLESS UNDERDOG KNOCKS GUY OUT AND FAV WINS IN ALL OF THESE CATEGORIES HE WILL NVR GET A DECISION..UVE SEEN TO MANY FIGHTS TO KNOW THIS

HATS OFF TO MARQUEZ !! HE CAN REMATCH PAC AGAIN BUT SAME RESULT UNLESS HE KNOCKS EM OUT GUYS DONT BLAME ME I DO NOT MAKE THESE RULES BUT WANT TO MAKE IT A LIL MORE CLEAR FOR PPL THAT THINK IT WAS A JOKE
    Points Awarded:

ttwarrior1 gave Winner_13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I thought Marquez landed the cleaner shots and the harder shots pretty much all night. But I do agree with you 100%, you are not going to slightly out point a great champion and win. Marquez never had Manny in trouble or even stunned. As the challenger he did not do enough to become champion.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9118

Unless your Mayweather. Than you can force De La Hoya to chase you around all night while the crowd boos your sissy strategy, land a jab or two here and there, never actually beat the champ, and still be declared a winner. You have to beat the champ then and now. Pac

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

Marquez won the fight in my books. I can't say that I am surprised anymore at what happens in boxing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91, and Naz18

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Boxing's scoring system is just bizarre - seems everyone wins by 1 or 2%. Almost as if they decide the winner, then invent a score.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    ALLLLTHOUGHHH THE FIGHT WAS CLOSE U GUYS KNOW NOT JUST THIS FIGHT BUT EVERRYYY FIGHT IN BOXING THE UNDERDOG HAS TO KNOCK OUT A BIG FAV OR HE NVR WINS DECISIONS...U KNOW THIS!

power punches (117-100)

IF THESE R THE FACTS OF THE FIGHT AND THIS IS HOW THEY SCORE..UNLESS UNDERDOG KNOCKS GUY OUT AND FAV WINS IN ALL OF THESE CATEGORIES HE WILL NVR GET A DECISION..UVE SEEN TO MANY FIGHTS TO KNOW THIS n

HATS OFF TO MARQUEZ !! HE CAN REMATCH PAC AGAIN BUT SAME RESULT UNLESS HE KNOCKS EM OUT GUYS DONT BLAME ME I DO NOT MAKE THESE RULES BUT WANT TO MAKE IT A LIL MORE CLEAR FOR PPL THAT THINK IT WAS A JOKE

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...rematch_111211

Angry Marquez says he might retire after ‘robbery’

LAS VEGAS – Juan Manuel Marquez furiously insisted his controversial defeat to Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night was a “robbery” and accused two members of the judging panel of conspiring against him.
    A dejected Marquez, 38, said it might have been his last fight.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...rematch_111211

Angry Marquez says he might retire after ‘robbery’

LAS VEGAS – Juan Manuel Marquez furiously insisted his controversial defeat to Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night was a “robbery” and accused two members of the judging panel of conspiring against him.
    A dejected Marquez, 38, said it might have been his last fight.
    If he retires, he'll go down as a legend for awhile. I said to Lou that I wouldn't do a rematch unless it was for crazy money like 50 million. No point otherwise since you'll just be there to pad Manny's stats. He'll never win against shady refs.

Go out gracefully Marquez. You beat him

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Manny needed to win the last 3 rounds to at least draw - and respected boxing analyst Max Kellerman had it a draw. He turned on the jets in the later rounds with occasional (ineffective) flurries and that was enough for the compubox stats and narrow decision.

I had Marquez winning the fight by at least 2 rounds, he was the better man last night - Freddy Roach said the fight could have gone either way but Manny's face said differently before the decision was announced.

Moving on, I'm excited for Floyd vs Pac and assuming good judges and both fighters at their best I don't think there's any question who the favourite should be.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I thought Marquez landed the cleaner shots and the harder shots pretty much all night. But I do agree with you 100%, you are not going to slightly out point a great champion and win. Marquez never had Manny in trouble or even stunned. As the challenger he did not do enough to become champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I thought Manny needed to win the last 3 rounds to at least draw - and respected boxing analyst Max Kellerman had it a draw. He turned on the jets in the later rounds with occasional (ineffective) flurries and that was enough for the compubox stats and narrow decision.

I had Marquez winning the fight by at least 2 rounds, he was the better man last night - Freddy Roach said the fight could have gone either way but Manny's face said differently before the decision was announced.

Moving on, I'm excited for Floyd vs Pac and assuming good judges and both fighters at their best I don't think there's any question who the favourite should be.
    Max kellerman was the fairest out of any of the hbo announcers and still max was way off. No way this fight was a draw. And to anyone who says that you have to clearly beat the champion... marquez clearly out boxed pacquiao. Throwing more punches doesn't mean shit people wake up.. pacquiao was so desperate in the later rounds that he was charging in with flurries in hopes of landing a big left hand which rarely happened.

The people who really pay attention to boxing knew pacquiao is and will continue to be an overrated media hyped fighter.

Winner_13

Sometimes a fight can feel one way and be scored another
    As HBO's "Boxing After Dark" announcer Bob Papa tweeted after the fight: "Even though feels like JMM won, I had draw. You MUST score each Rd and write it down Then add up at end. 'Feel' & actual score differ often." The feeling in the arena was that Marquez was winning the fight, partly because Pacquiao was expected to win so comfortably, and partly because when Marquez won rounds, he generally did so more convincingly -- and at times made Pacquiao look really quite poor. By contrast, with one or two exceptions, Pacquiao didn't clearly win as many rounds. But he eked out more of them, at least on the official scorecards. Interestingly, CompuBox statistics suggested that, in many ways, Pacquiao was more effective than he had been in the previous two bouts between the fighters, connecting at a higher average than before. He threw more punches than Marquez, landed more punches than Marquez and landed at a higher percentage. Yet it didn't feel that way. In such a close fight, the slightest things can make a difference: Had Marquez been that shade more active and effective in the 12th, enough to win it on all three judges' cards, he would have had a draw -- still short of the win he felt he deserved, but less bitter than another loss.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    Sometimes a fight can feel one way and be scored another
    As HBO's "Boxing After Dark" announcer Bob Papa tweeted after the fight: "Even though feels like JMM won, I had draw. You MUST score each Rd and write it down Then add up at end. 'Feel' & actual score differ often." The feeling in the arena was that Marquez was winning the fight, partly because Pacquiao was expected to win so comfortably, and partly because when Marquez won rounds, he generally did so more convincingly -- and at times made Pacquiao look really quite poor. By contrast, with one or two exceptions, Pacquiao didn't clearly win as many rounds. But he eked out more of them, at least on the official scorecards. Interestingly, CompuBox statistics suggested that, in many ways, Pacquiao was more effective than he had been in the previous two bouts between the fighters, connecting at a higher average than before. He threw more punches than Marquez, landed more punches than Marquez and landed at a higher percentage. Yet it didn't feel that way. In such a close fight, the slightest things can make a difference: Had Marquez been that shade more active and effective in the 12th, enough to win it on all three judges' cards, he would have had a draw -- still short of the win he felt he deserved, but less bitter than another loss.
    "Pacquiao didn't clearly win as many rounds. But he eked out more of them" No

"Yet it didn't feel that way. In such a close fight" It wasn't a close fight. HBO's announcers mindfucked you in to believing that. Don't worry you're not the only moron they can pull placebos on.

yisman

You shouldn't have to "clearly beat the champion" anyway. Past history should be ignored. What matters is what happened in the ring.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Max kellerman was the fairest out of any of the hbo announcers and still max was way off. No way this fight was a draw. And to anyone who says that you have to clearly beat the champion... marquez clearly out boxed pacquiao. Throwing more punches doesn't mean shit people wake up.. pacquiao was so desperate in the later rounds that he was charging in with flurries in hopes of landing a big left hand which rarely happened.

The people who really pay attention to boxing knew pacquiao is and will continue to be an overrated media hyped fighter.

How does mayweathers cawk taste never seen one person idolize someone so much

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    You shouldn't have to "clearly beat the champion" anyway. Past history should be ignored. What matters is what happened in the ring.
    The people who run the sport have convinced dumb people that this is the case so they can give close fights (Even though this fight wasn't close) to the fighters who make the sport the most money.

What other reasoning could there be? Is this "Have to beat the champion more decisively" in the rules?

Like I said before it doesn't matter anyway this fight was clear as day.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post

How does mayweathers cawk taste never seen one person idolize someone so much
    I know you're just looking to poke fun but I haven't mentioned mayweather at all.

ApricotSinner32

British boxing analysts telling the truth.

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    The people who run the sport have convinced dumb people that this is the case so they can give close fights (Even though this fight wasn't close) to the fighters who make the sport the most money.

What other reasoning could there be? Is this "Have to beat the champion more decisively" in the rules?

Like I said before it doesn't matter anyway this fight was clear as day.

It's an unwritten rule and one of the oldest in boxing.

Did Manny deserve the win? No. Did Marquez do enough to take Pacquiao's belt? No. Don't blame the judges for giving the win to Manny. If it's anybody's fault its Marquez's corner for telling him that he was ahead. While I'm no expert, if i was in his corner I would be telling him that the fight is close and to go out there and FINISH the fight.

Winner_13

no i agree...U SHOULDNT HAVE TO CLEARLY BEAT THE CHAMP!!guys like i said i didnt make the rules but want you guys to c that

plus they put more emphasis on the last couple of rounds which manny won.
    and from a stats point manny destroyed

yisman

In any case, even if you put stock in the stupidity that's been brought up, the fight should've been a draw, not given to Pacman.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Marquez clearly won the fight...

Naz18

Did you hear Bob Arums interview...a 4th fight would break all PPV records....what a joke.

Naz18

Winner_13 do know that the fighters get scored on a round by round basis?

Winner_13

i know, im not here to argue just want to show you guys the other point of view.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Did you hear Bob Arums interview...a 4th fight would break all PPV records....what a joke.
    Bob arum is a piece of shit.

slyone66
    slyone66's Avatar Become A Pro!

with Marquez win last night, no Pacquiao/Maywheather big fight in future, He got robbed of the fight, everyone watching it and analyzing it agreed, Vegas is BS,, all about the money. FIXXXXXXXXXXEEEEDDDDD

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

If Pacroid was winning why was Freddie Roach telling him he needed a knock out to win in the later rounds?

Freddie Roach knows who won the fight.

Just because Pacroid is stronger & was throwing more punchs, has nothing to do with the fact he was outboxed.

That being said i can see where they would call it a draw but one judge had it 116-112, what the hell was he watching?