rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    It's hard to envision Mayweather winning a decision against Pac now, especially in their 'first' fight when folks may think Floyd would retire undefeated. Based on the outrage tonight, I think he would need to win at least 9 rounds and knock him out. Remember that BS "split decision" Floyd had over Dela hoya? Imagine what the judges score for Pac in a superfight that goes the distance.

Arum must have the entire state in his pocket.
    exactly...i said golden boy(i`m in the bag)....i can just imagine freddie roach thanking god that manny wasn`t in with floyd tonight...

and arum out there lauding the decision?......good lord...arum makes corky from "life goes on" look like cicero.....

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

what was the line before tonight if there was a pacman/mayweather fight? wasn't it pacman -150 or something?

at this point, mayweather has to be the favorite at -140 or so

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    what was the line before tonight if there was a pacman/mayweather fight? wasn't it pacman -150 or something? at this point, mayweather has to be the favorite at -140 or so
    Nah it was mayweather -120 i believe

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    what mayweather did was definitely wrong but i still think he would have won the fight anyways.
    yea good point..i'd still love to see the superfight though.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

pacquiao too distracted with being president of philipines

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i'm pretty sure marquez will agree to a rematch. ironically enough, i think the fourth fight will have even more PPV numbers now...

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

just look at the boxer's face, thank god i ididnt put no cents to this fight as everyone was predicting a ko by pac after going with marquez in the last 2 fights that was very close.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    do you have the numbers for punches landed vs punches thrown?
    Here's the final Compubox punch stats.

Manny won all 3 categories, punches, jabs and power shots by a fairly large margin. If you were really watching the fight, it was very evident that Manny was more active. Marquez was more accurate but he didn't throw as much as Manny. That's why I think some people preferred Marquez. Accuracy does not equal a win, it's total punches and Manny's per round average was about 4 or 5 punches more per round. That's what wins matches.

Marquez corner totally blew it last night. He had a great chance to steal that fight and had Manny in a tight spot in round 9. Instead of turning it up and taking the fight to Manny, he stayed passive and never controlled the ring. He seemed to stay focused on countering instead of controlling. Huge mistake.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Maccer, are you being serious or no?

Manny didn't win shit other than let's throw more punches that can't connect. Hell, I can throw at air too... are you going to say I'm a good boxer?

Manny total punches connected % = 30. Marquez = 32%

Jabs = 19% to 21% for Marquez

So yeah, he got his "power punches" in? When??????????????

Like I said, I didn't have a dog in this race but this is disgusting.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

that stat sheet definitely makes you look at things differently, but i still think marquez won, and public perception thinks so as well, for a sport that's struggling the last thing they need is for people to start thinking it's rigged (or even more rigged than previously thought)

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

give manny a break, he is also president of philipines

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lol mayweather won on a blindside cheapshot, how is this any worse than that?
    Even though he won on a cheapshot, Mayweather was dominating Ortiz throughout. If everything continued as is, he would of won the fight by UD.

As for the Pacquiao-Marquez fight, I think the fight was a little closer then people like SBR Lou are claiming it was. I would have given a slight edge to Marquez in the end, but this decision was seemingly back to the old days where if you didnt dominate the Champ, and it was somewhat close, then the champ retained his title. (Think Norton vs Ali part 3.)

Do I think it was fixed? No. Do I think a future Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight played a role in the end decision? Absolutely.
    I think from a betting perspective, if the match was at all close, you knew the edge would be going to Pacman.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

In boxing

set to 25 rounds

problem solve

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Like ive said for years, Mayweather will beat the crap out of PacRoid.

& compubox crap is a joke. active air punchs doesnt mean crap

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Maccer, are you being serious or no?

Manny didn't win shit other than let's throw more punches that can't connect. Hell, I can throw at air too... are you going to say I'm a good boxer?

Manny total punches connected % = 30. Marquez = 32%

Like I said, I didn't have a dog in this race but this is disgusting.
    Lets also factor in that those punch stats are subjective and not 100% accurate. 90% of professional boxers said marquez won...it wasn't hard to see unless you are biased. HBO showed their true colors lying to the people once again because of money interests of their company.

Amirkhan works with the same trainer as pacquiao and is manny's friend/sparring partner and he said manny won. Same with manny's sparring partner and close friend rashad hallaway. Here are some of the boxer's reactions and people in the community's tweets i found.

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
    Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
    Marquez won this fight, period!!

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
    On my card Marquez WON!!!!

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan
    Look mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds.

PaulMalignaggi Paulie Malignaggi
    Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

AndreBerto Andre Berto
    Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't* gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

RealJoeCalzaghe Joe Calzaghe
    Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
    Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. ****.

DarrenBarker82 Darren barker
    Just watched the fight Jmm won that in my eyes clearly!

andredirrell Andre Dirrell
    I really think so! But its so hard 2 sayRT @serhandayi7: @andredirrell JMM had a great night.....he'll always be a style problem for Pac

jcchavezjr1 Julio Cesar Chavez
    Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos
    [Translation: Marquez won today. It was a robbery, Juan Manuel won clearly. This is bad for boxing.]

SUGARRAYLEONARD Sugar Ray Leonard
    The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

_FernandoVargas FerozFernandoVargas
    MARQUEZ 8 - 4!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT ROB MARQUEZ!!!!

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
    @FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

TheArtistPerez Michael Angelo Perez
    If I was #Marquez I'll be holding my head high , cause the whole world know he won. **** what the judges say.

1Babybull Juan Diaz
    Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges

ChinoMaidana Marcos Maidana
    Pobre Márquez lo robaron!
    [Translation: Poor Marquez, they robbed him!]

Marvin Hagler "Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!"
    OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is."

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!"

Steve Cunningham "All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#"

Anthonydirrell "If y'all think that they was bout to lose out on 150 million y'all crazy"

Matthew Macklin "It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? WTF!!!"

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

Omar Henry "Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!"

Rashad Holloway "I'm team Pacquiao all day but Marquez won this fight hands down. Sad to see how politics run this sport when fighters work so hard."

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money."

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the sh!t out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!"

Kendall Holt "If u thought Pacman won or if Marquez needed the 12th to win its clear u don't know ish about this sport."

Peter Manfredo Jr. "Wow, after watching this, I better not leave it to the judges next week!!!"

ElKoChul Fernando Montiel M
    Q pinche robooooooo. Gano markez y c la kitaron d new. Shialeeeee !!! [translation: What a ****ing robbery. Marquez won]

realdealgeale Daniel Geale
    I thought the decision was close but in my opinion it should have gone the other way.

K9boxing Cornelius Bundrage
    Just got back in town was at the PacMan fight. Marquez got Robbed. I will Destroy PacMan. I been knew it y'all just didn't know.

Champfasteddie Eddie Chambers
    The Pacman vs Marquez fight could of went anyway... So I was expecting pacquiao to get the decision...
    Last edited by ApricotSinner32; 11-13-11 at 03:10 PM.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Like ive said for years, Mayweather will beat the crap out of PacRoid.

& compubox crap is a joke. active air punchs doesnt mean crap
    100% correct the compu box stats are not accurate and can be used to sway the sheep of the world.

First 1234