DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Former Penn State players giving Sandusky money

No, but another former Nittany Lion said he hasn't forgotten Sandusky, even as the former assistant coach stands accused of having sex with young boys.

Sam Stellatella, a three-position player in the 1950s, has donated money to Sandusky's defense and urged other former players to do the same.

"I told him he's going to need a million dollars to defend himself," the 73-year-old Stellatella said. "He called me back and said, 'What am I going to do with this money?' I said, 'Use it for your lawyer because you're going to need it.' "

Stellatella sent Sandusky $100. He wrote personal letters to other members of the 1959 Liberty Bowl team that defeated a Bear Bryant-coached Alabama team and asked they also donate. He does not know how much money was raised.

"I know some of the guys sent money," Stellatella told The Associated Press. "Here's the thing, these are horrendous charges against him. But he's still entitled to his day in court. Everybody's prejudged him. He's done horrendous damage to Paterno and (athletic director Tim) Curley and the football program. I don't listen to the news and I don't read the reports of what he did because I would get too upset.

How incredibly ignorant can you be? The guy doesnt want to read the details because "he'd be too upset" and yet he is sending the guy money in an effort to help him out? Unbelievable.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

well he was a football player

to many bangs to the head = supporting a pedophile financially and psychologically

alternative is he was holding the kids down for him

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I was seeing where former player Rich Mauti sent an e-mail out to 800 former PSU players to show up at Saturdays game in a show of solidarity for the team and the seniors. He's got like 80 so far that are coming....problem is a lot of the older guys were Paterno/Sandusky supporters big time...not PSU wants a Joe Pa Fest at the game.

There needs to be a cleansing of the old guard in Happy Valley, and it won't happen overnight with some of these old timers. People giving money are out of their minds, but it goes to show how much Sandusky was respected by his players

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Many of these PennSt fans seems to be massively delusional.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He should get death penalty and anyone supporting him should be killed also

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

telling a guy hes gonna need a million bucks to defend himself and then giving him 100 bucks is almost an insult

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Clearly Penn State students/alumni are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

jjgold

Dummies
    Most college kids are
    They put obama in office

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dummies
    Most college kids are
    They put obama in office
    They're in their 70's JJ

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Giving money to his defense is the equivalent of flushing it down the toilet.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Clearly Penn State students/alumni are not the brightest bulbs in the box.
    Clearly that's not true....there's a small percentage no matter where you go...the average fan/member of the Nittany Lion Club walk around embarrassed that this has happened. After all of these years under Joe Pa and his long reign they now have to take the barbs and insults...they're kind of not used to that. I've got a family member who is just that, and I can tell you he's one of those that wanted Paterno out years ago as the program slipped and he became more senile. Only the sheep are now supporting Paterno..he was one arrogant SOB who thought he was the university, and now he gets to feel the ultimate shame...which he deserves

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I see this guy funds child molesters what a sick bucker

Dirty Sanchez

Someone chucked a cinder block through ole Jerry's front window

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...were_thro.html

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Sandusky should be shot and pissed on. Fukking pedophile bastard. I hope he dies.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe the contributor is a pedophile and homo himself.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukin guy should get the death penalty. Did anyone read that grand jury report? Fukin piece of shit this guy is.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont worry in court he will be somebody's bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

If the guy wanted to molest other guys (boys) he will certainly find out what that's like. He is going to absolutely be hammered in jail. Those guys will beat and f*ck the living sh*t out of him. He'd be wise to find another way out before he gets there.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

At least we know he's going to prison unless he offs himself first. Too many of these sick foks never even get that. McQueary's gone. His "indefinite administrative leave" = fokked. They're all going to get what they deserve regardless of how many pensioners ship them a few bucks.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

"Sandusky, who last week was charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse against minors, lives next to Lemont Elementary School."

Oh god

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Coach calling for martial law! I like it.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    At least we know he's going to prison unless he offs himself first. Too many of these sick foks never even get that. McQueary's gone. His "indefinite administrative leave" = fokked. They're all going to get what they deserve regardless of how many pensioners ship them a few bucks.
    Shari I had the same thought....there was a guy a few years ago in Pennsylvania (Budd Dwyer on You Tube) who called a Press Conference as the State Treasurer....he handed out paper copies of his statement and then pulled out a 357 from an envelope...begged the people to stay back....put the barrel in his mouth and offed himself right in front of everyone. If ever there was a candidate to pull another stunt like that...Sandusky would be a good candidate. I don't want to put the video here...just gruesome to watch

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Guess it would better to have the state pays for his defense?

Fine with me if the alumni (or whoever else wants to chip in... TTWarrior maybe?) wants to flush their money away as I'm sure any money he had is going to get sucked up in legal bills within a few weeks and he still going to rot in prison anyhow...

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Guess it would better to have the state pays for his defense?

Fine with me if the alumni (or whoever else wants to chip in... TTWarrior maybe?) wants to flush their money away as I'm sure any money he had is going to get sucked up in legal bills within a few weeks and he still going to rot in prison anyhow...
    I'm just disappointed from a humanitarian aspect. If you research everything out there and then decide to contribute to his defense I can accept that, I would strongly disagree for obvious reasons but I would accept it. But for someone to say that they aren't following the facts the facts of the case because "they are too upsetting" and then contribute funds leaves me dumbfounded.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

This world/society is crazy!

This is crazy!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Settle down JJ , post winners tough guy.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

id like to hit this guy in the head with a brick or two but i agree that he deserves his day in court.

jjgold

If you read the report and support anyone involved you should be fukkin shot

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

If you read the report and support anyone involved you should be fukkin shot
    Agree JJ

From the report

"As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught."

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Agree JJ

From the report

"As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught."
    Every parent in America would love to see Penn St Assist. coach get a fukkin bullet in his head

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

INNOCENT until proven guilty idiots

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

further reasons to trust so few with kids

nyplayer33

exactly..hes accused of the crimes.yeah he did it..but let the legal process handle it

nyplayer33

grad assistamt was in shock..his dad and paterno all passed the ball..nobody did the right thing

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are very emotional about this.

12 Last