Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

So, if the zone-read worked for Tebow...

Should Andy Reid start considering this for Vick? This new strategy of keeping him in the pocket more isn't working that well. I think he should let Vick run more... that was the key to his success last year...

Opinions?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

run the wishbone with reid on the line, he will take out entire city after a cheese steak

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Should Andy Reid start considering this for Vick? This new strategy of keeping him in the pocket more isn't working that well. I think he should let Vick run more... that was the key to his success last year...

Opinions?
    They need to stop playing from behind so much. They're 0-5 in games where they trailed after the 1Q. That means better defense, so there will be less pressure on Vick to play from behind, making more dangerous passes and expose himself to big hits.

He should stay at home as much as possible in the first half of games, but only if the OL can protect him.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick wont make it a full nfl season he softer now he has to stay in the pocket. Guy had some hard shots falcons he would pop right back up... Not now

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick would be killer in a zone read with shady at rb though ... He just would get killed somebody on air said his true walk around is 198lbs listed 210. Mike isnt a big dude like tebow or cam newton.

Dax

but he's much faster, so that should be an advantage...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    but he's much faster, so that should be an advantage...
    I think switching into it periodically would be very effective, but if you have him doing it too much, we're still talking about him absorbing big open field hits.

Dax

Yeah, I agree.

I'd imagine a better performance from Vick this week against Zona if they adapt their playbook a bit to have him run more than usual. it's risky but it would for sure keep the D guessing what's going to come next.