frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Closing Gitmo will increase terrorist attacks

This is according to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. This guys are like propagandist, by trying to scare American that Obama Executives action to close Guantanamo Prison will further bolden terrorist attacks. Anybody who thinks this is true is very narrow minded and has an IQ of 70.

The republicans are trying to claim that the harsh treatment and torture of prisoner's in Gitmo would make the terrorist think twice before attack us. That in turn would make this country safer. First of all, these crazy turbin head jihadist fvcks could give a rat@ss about what's going to happen to them if they caught and torture in Gitmo. They will attack us, and blow themselves to kingdom come if they had any window of oppurtunity to do so.

What is keeping this country safer is not some prison in Cuba, but the stuff we will never see. The stuff carried out by the CIA and the Special forces in secret. The sh1t only Obama will see.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Why should we close it? Tell me why?

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

rush limpbaugh can suck the sweat off my taint after i'm done hammering the piss out of his slampig mother...that guy is a piece of salmanella peanut ridden

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    rush limpbaugh can suck the sweat off my taint after i'm done hammering the piss out of his slampig mother...that guy is a piece of salmanella peanut ridden

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody swallows it anymore dude, its why they got creamed in the last 2 elections
    there is a small right wing minority who ignores the cia assessment (that it wont increase any attacks by even one) and listens to chickenhawks and drug addicts instead

thats the way its always been and always will be
    there will always be people who believe the sky is green if someone tells them it is

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    A very good point and very eloquently made.

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lean conservative but they are one reason I will never vote Republican. They are so fvcking over the top on everything. Congressional republicans for the most part are guilty by association

ryanXL977

they all suck ass, but ill give obama a chance and if he does good stuff ill vote for him again
    if he sucks, i give up hope on any politician ever
    get us the **** out of iraq

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

arguing whether or not we'll be less safer or not is pointless.

what i want to know is if we close the prison, what do you do with the prisoners?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    arguing whether or not we'll be less safer or not is pointless.

what i want to know is if we close the prison, what do you do with the prisoners?
    Seems like Obama lovers haven't thought that through. They are dramatized by his empty smooth talking.

ryanXL977

theyve clearly stated what they wil do with the prisoners
    try them and put them in other prisons
    you cant hold people forever and not charge them. how do you know what theyve done if no charges are brought? we assume they are guilty simply bc they are locked up? they are still human beings arent they?

weve had one attack on american soil since the early 1940s
    one
    big ****ing deal
    shit happens

jtuck

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    one
    big ****ing deal
    shit happens
    Wow dude

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

you cant hold people forever and not charge them. how do you know what theyve done if no charges are brought? we assume they are guilty simply bc they are locked up? they are still human beings arent they?

one
    big ****ing deal
    shit happens

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

one
    big ****ing deal
    shit happens

try them for what exactly?

most of these guys were captured on battlefield. so now we're suppose have trials against pow's?

jtuck

Those may be the two most ignorant posts ever. Yes Mike, they are human beings. No Ryan, September 11 was a pretty big deal. Thats why we went after the Taliban. Can't explain the other shit.

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by jtuck View Post
    Wow dude

i mean we bomb other countries all the time
    we expect no payback? why is one attack on us such a b ig deal but when we start a war its nothing? i dont get it. we have 300 million people and 3k have died on our own soil in attacks since 1942.

i just dont see how its a big deal worth changing our way of life for

im sorry for peoples loss, for sure, but its not worth a war over, its not worth losing money over.

there are effects to our governments actions

abolish the cia and the world suddenyl gets a lot better, mark my words

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

one
    big ****ing deal
    shit happens
    Say you do try them and they are found innocent, where do they then go since their original countries dont want them

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    try them for what exactly?

most of these guys were captured on battlefield. so now we're suppose have trials against pow's?

so they are guilty bc we put them in jail? seriously? how do we know if they did anyhting. a lot of them are just guys staying out after curfew dude

try them, if guilty, lock em up

you dont know what they did if you dont try them
    have you read about why they are there and how long they are there? we lock people up forever now? we torture people forever now? come the **** on. whats the point of this shit ?

jtuck

i mean we bomb other countries all the time
    we expect no payback? why is one attack on us such a b ig deal but when we start a war its nothing? i dont get it. we have 300 million people and 3k have died on our own soil in attacks since 1942.

i just dont see how its a big deal worth changing our way of life for

im sorry for peoples loss, for sure, but its not worth a war over, its not worth losing money over.

there are effects to our governments actions

abolish the cia and the world suddenyl gets a lot better, mark my words
    They both are a big deal. Few republicans give a shit about anyone from over there just like few middle easterners give a shit about us. We can either agree to leave each other alone or one side can eventually knock out the other, and it seems like we are doing most of the trying to knock out.

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore View Post
    Say you do try them and they are found innocent, where do they then go since their original countries dont want them

you are getting ahead of yourself
    if we try them and they are innocent then there is no reason they cant live wherever they want. you are way out in front here. we can cross that bridge if we get to it

would you rather be kept in jail for 6 years while innocent? finding a country to live in is a better problem to have them being locked up for nothing. besides, if they are such bad dudes , try them and charge them

ryanXL977

They both are a big deal. Few republicans give a shit about anyone from over there just like few middle easterners give a shit about us. We can either agree to leave each other alone or one side can eventually knock out the other, and it seems like we are doing most of the trying to knock out.

im just saying in the grand scheme of things, considering how many people our bombs kill, 3k over 65 years isnt that many. we killed that many afghan civilians in the last year alone id guess

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

if we try them and they are innocent then there is no reason they cant live wherever they want. you are way out in front here. we can cross that bridge if we get to it

would you rather be kept in jail for 6 years while innocent? finding a country to live in is a better problem to have them being locked up for nothing. besides, if they are such bad dudes , try them and charge them

Not one of them are incident they were fighting against our soldiers

You have been in SAN Fran too long

tullamore

How am I ahead of myself? Bush got killed for not having an exit strategy in Iraq, but its ok for Obama to cross that bridge when he gets there.

jtuck

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Not one of them are incident they were fighting against our soldiers

You have been in SAN Fran too long
    Then by your logic it is completely reasonable for our soldiers to be taken to Afghani and Iraqi prisons, tortured (yes Mike, tortured), and held for months or years with no charges against them. Right or wrong?

ryanXL977

hahaha
    yes, comparing a trillion dollar war and a commitment of 100k ground forces in iraq in a war over wmds, i mean saddam, i mean 911 , is a bit of a stretch

if a guy is found innocent, why would his country not take him back? thats a ridiculous reason to not try someone who has been jailed without charged for 5 years or 7 years

tullamore

Ryan not having a full plan as to what do with these prisoners whether they are found guilty or innocent is short sighted. Being short sighted is one of the reason for this huge credit crisis. People took on more and more debt and said to themselves I'll figure it out when I get the bill. I have no problem putting this prisoners on trail, but we need to have plan for when they are found guilty or are acquitted, we can't just cross that bridge when we get there.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Then by your logic it is completely reasonable for our soldiers to be taken to Afghani and Iraqi prisons, tortured (yes Mike, tortured), and held for months or years with no charges against them. Right or wrong?
    Hey Jtuck, you got a point, however you seem to forget they just killed our people. We have not killed anyone of them in Cuba.

ryanXL977

just bc i dont know what will be done with them doesnt mean there isnt a plan in place
    its not a good reason not to try a prisoner bc, if they are innocent, we dont know what to do with them. thats just not a good reason.

im sure the justice department can work out deals with other nations. im fully confident there is space in this world for the several dozen, at most, innocents that will be acquited. im assuming most are guilty, but im sure a good 10-20% arent or were just picked up in nighttime raids or sweeps.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Granted, its been 30 years since I have seen any combat, but we had a good working policy back then. Dead men tell no tales, and it always worked.

later
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 01-23-09 at 07:24 PM.

jtuck

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Hey Jtuck, you got a point, however you seem to forget they just killed our people. We have not killed anyone of them in Cuba.
    But we have killed their people. They came to Cuba from over there where we are fighting. Thats like them taking our soldiers to Iranian or Pakistani prisons. If you agree with that being right then you've got your point of view and I've got mine.

ryanXL977

how the **** did we get a military base on cuba? i thought we dont like castro

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Good question

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Its been a Navy base for 100+ years, but back in the late 60s early 70s it was good place to be stationed. It was a # 1 duty station if you were in the Navy.

later

ryanXL977

were you there pig? why was it number one? where were you stationed?

tullamore

Wow!

1234 Last