Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    I dont watch Fox News and

Watching it NOW

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Ryan is a brainwashed liberal living in San Fransicko totally blind to the real world. I like the idea of sending the terrorists from Gitmo to Alcatraz! Ryan could visit them every day.
    Ryan will be the tour guide at Alcatraz.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Ryan is a brainwashed liberal living in San Fransicko totally blind to the real world. I like the idea of sending the terrorists from Gitmo to Alcatraz! Ryan could visit them every day.
    Right on

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Ryan will be the tour guide at Alcatraz.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

R-Y-A-N. period. all you need to say.

Arguing with a brainwashed liberal is like arguing in a logical matter with your wife. Dead end..... dead end.

What does Chris Rock say? Us men don't do well in arguments with women b/c we have a need to make sense.

Unfortunately, Ryan is the future of this country and is the reason why Obama was elected. It wasn't b/c, oh, Bush sucked major ass so let's go with the black guy. It's b/c Obama's Kool-Aid is what so many Americans are drinking....

Ryan is the future.. and that's what's scary. Ryan is the future.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

ryan is the future of what?

his local cub scout troop?

he is some left wing f\*g wannabe intellectual

MilfDriller

If I told Ryan and his followers that my penis needs to be a U.S. Senator from California b/c there has never been a human penis elected as a senator in California.... Ryan would go on a march and pass out flyers to get my penis elected.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MilfDriller View Post
    If I told Ryan and his followers that my penis needs to be a U.S. Senator from California b/c there has never been a human penis elected as a senator in California.... Ryan would go on a march and pass out flyers to get my penis elected.

MilfDriller

wtf, Ryan is the way people think nowadays. At work I listen to these homos as they have a seance and request that we all hold hands.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MilfDriller View Post
    wtf, Ryan is the way people think nowadays. At work I listen to these homos as they have a seance and request that we all hold hands.
    What a shame our world has fallen too. The end is near MAY 21, 2011 to be exact.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

milf, i assume these kids are below 30

there is a saying i cannot clearly remember, that if your not conservative when your 30 your an idiot.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love it when posters get on here and say "I don't watch Fox News" yet they know more about it than I do and I watch it every day.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love it when posters get on here and say "I don't watch Fox News" yet they know more about it than I do and I watch it every day.
    I dont watch Fox news. I quit watching it 3 years ago after I just couldnt take O'Reily's no spin shit. I conversate with people other than internet smart-asses. So, I am up on all of these people, that doesn't mean that I watch the bullshit.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    yes, your posts continually prove how naive you are.
    terrorism is a big deal.
    i do agree that using terrorism to justify abusing privacy rights and pursue other global agendas is also a big deal.
    however i dont point the finger at gwb and blame him and come to the conclusion that terrorism is only the result of our own actions. these people hate us for our western culture, for our freedoms, for our lifestyle that flies in the face of their opressive dogma. does our government play a role? sure. but gwb is the government's scapegoat. government is the evil beast that continues on and promises you "hope" and "change" and you buy every word of it. every move government makes is another inch towards nationalization. towards communism. towards globalization. so yeah im concerned about our government's actions, but for different reasons than you. and to dismiss terrorism in spite of that would be to do so at your own peril.

you actually believe this?

btw. POW is no new concept. There is Geneva convention, laws dictating the treatment of such.
    How many Germans were captured during WWII? They had to be treated humanly and relocated.
    The only issue here is American exceptionalism. We're special, and no law applies to us.

wild willy
    wild willy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys take min and go to bbd thread beted and give them shit thanks

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    you actually believe this?

btw. POW is no new concept. There is Geneva convention, laws dictating the treatment of such.
    How many Germans were captured during WWII? They had to be treated humanly and relocated.
    The only issue here is American exceptionalism. We're special, and no law applies to us.
    yeah and the "these people" i'm talking about are muslim extremist militants. which i thought was pretty clear since muslim civilians arent the ones blowing shit up and firing rockets into isreal.

the prisoners at gitmo arent technically POWs, they are "enemy combatants"

and how about the issue of liberal pacifism?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Just because they don't belong in a country's army doesn't mean they have no rights. When the British were fighiting the American insurgents in 1776 they treated all prisoners with humility even though they didn't have a country.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Well, here is where the Gitmo prisoners will be going, looks to me like this whole thing was planned from the beginning. Bush knew what he was doing, having made a deal in Iraq to reopen a far worse place than Gitmo, those pows are going to wish they were back in Cuba a year from now.

BAGHDAD — Iraq will reopen the notorious Abu Ghraib prison next month, but it's getting a facelift and a new name, a senior justice official said Saturday 1-24-09.............. its on the news, Im not posting the whole story look it up yourselves.

I think some of you fail to realize that Gitmo isnt closing, its a major US Navy base that no US president has the power to close. Prisoners will be transfered,and some of the detention facilities closed, but the US has a never ending lease with Cuba on the property. The US pays a monthly rent check to Cuba, granted Cuba doesnt cash the checks, but as long as they are recieved the lease stands. Its a very interesting lease agreement that was signed back in 1898. The lease states, that both countries must agree to end the lease,one country cant end it without the other, well thats never going to happen. Its to important of a US Navy base (over 10,000 troops), forget the prison camps they are just a pimple on the butt of the 45 sq mile base.

later

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    yeah and the "these people" i'm talking about are muslim extremist militants. which i thought was pretty clear since muslim civilians arent the ones blowing shit up and firing rockets into isreal.

the prisoners at gitmo arent technically POWs, they are "enemy combatants"

and how about the issue of liberal pacifism?
    1. no the civilians are those getting bombed and shit upon. I wonder where militants come from.

2. so if you call people a different name you become exempt from international law. very good. You believe everything the govt tells you?

3. ???.--standing up for yours and others rights is not pacifism it's the toughest fight there is.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Well, here is where the Gitmo prisoners will be going, looks to me like this whole thing was planned from the beginning. Bush knew what he was doing, having made a deal in Iraq to reopen a far worse place than Gitmo, those pows are going to wish they were back in Cuba a year from now.

BAGHDAD — Iraq will reopen the notorious Abu Ghraib prison next month, but it's getting a facelift and a new name, a senior justice official said Saturday 1-24-09.............. its on the news, Im not posting the whole story look it up yourselves.

I think some of you fail to realize that Gitmo isnt closing, its a major US Navy base that no US president has the power to close. Prisoners will be transfered,and some of the detention facilities closed, but the US has a never ending lease with Cuba on the property. The US pays a monthly rent check to Cuba, granted Cuba doesnt cash the checks, but as long as they are recieved the lease stands. Its a very interesting lease agreement that was signed back in 1898. The lease states, that both countries must agree to end the lease,one country cant end it without the other, well thats never going to happen. Its to important of a US Navy base (over 10,000 troops), forget the prison camps they are just a pimple on the butt of the 45 sq mile base.

later
    PIG, you are right of course.

No shift in policy can be expected, there has not been one in 200+ years. In the eyes of US leadership the problem in Gauntanimo and Abu Gharib isn't that people are being abused but rather that it looks bad. Same with Iraq war. They will pull the troops out when they're good and ready,which they were going to do anyway,but now they'll throw them into Afghanistan with more gusto.

And they'll be able to say to the public. You didn't like Iraq war? Here you go.

losturmarbles

1. no the civilians are those getting bombed and shit upon. I wonder where militants come from.

2. so if you call people a different name you become exempt from international law. very good. You believe everything the govt tells you?

3. ???.--standing up for yours and others rights is not pacifism it's the toughest fight there is.

1.the only civilians getting bombed on are ones that muslim extremists hide behind. i've got a question for you, why does a kid living in the ghetto grow up and become a drug pusher? following your logic, it must be because the cops killed some gangsters in his neighborhood.

2. i think terrorist acts are against international law also, but lets called them western policy protests instead. that way you can rationalize it. after all you are the most rational person on this board. and yes i believe everything the government tells me.

3. youre standing for the rights of pukes that would strap bombs to their chest so they can blow people up that disagree with their beliefs. how noble.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

The US govt and media paint a picture of those "crazy people" and you just buy into it. You always need to dehumanize somebody if you're going to abuse them.

Lets pretend the US is fighting a just war. You still have to treat prisoners in line with convention.

These guys are "enemy combatants" as opposed to "prisoners of war"? Come on man all they have to do is play with the language a little and you eat it up. That's not very libertarian of you.

losturmarbles

The US govt and media paint a picture of those "crazy people" and you just buy into it. You always need to dehumanize somebody if you're going to abuse them.

Lets pretend the US is fighting a just war. You still have to treat prisoners in line with convention.

These guys are "enemy combatants" as opposed to "prisoners of war"? Come on man all they have to do is play with the language a little and you eat it up. That's not very libertarian of you.
    i dont know what youre talking about "crazy people". they are who they are. i never said i agree with what the US government is/was doing. i never said i agree with the terminology.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

for a guy who hates government, he sure does swallow the shit they feed him
    pretty ironic i guess. or at least hypocritical.
    i hate government, i hate big government

but if they tell me someone is bad , i believe them
    if they label someone, i will use the label they give me
    i am a robot

losturmarbles

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    for a guy who hates government, he sure does swallow the shit they feed him
    pretty ironic i guess. or at least hypocritical.
    i hate government, i hate big government

but if they tell me someone is bad , i believe them
    if they label someone, i will use the label they give me
    i am a robot
    for a guy that spends his life posting on a forum, he sure as hell can't fukin read.

what part of "i never said i agree with what the US government is/was doing. i never said i agree with the terminology" is so hard to understand?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    He has no point WTF, there will be another attack mark my words pal, it will happen with Obama in office. Trust me.
    You sound like one of those fanatics that is preparing for the end of world. Then again you probably are a fanatic based how unbiased and irrational your thinking is toward Obama. Even though the guy has yet to do anything wrong in his administration, that effected this country in a negative way what so ever.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Sbr is sharp on politics....

jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The Islamofacists deserve to have trials, and be sentenced.
    They don't deserve a cozy federal cell though.
    Gitmo is probably holding some innocent people.
    But those that aren't deserve whatever we decide to do.
    Gitmo is a place of torture, which alot of right wing people claim isn't torture, but if we did it to them they would see that it is.
    The Geneva convention should prevail on treatment of POW's.

I don't like Obama but he is right for closing Gitmo.

I call a spade a spade and a coon a coon.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Since liberal democrats seem to be so strongly in favor of closing Gitmo and releasing these terrorists, then it would certainly make sense to release them in strongly liberal democratic states like California, New York, Vermont, D.C., etc.

If you liberals want them, you can and should have them.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I can't imagine we had no attacks since Gitmo was closed. I guess they don't hate us after all.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Why should we close it? Tell me why?

What would Jesus do?

(He would close it)

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

i mean we bomb other countries all the time
    we expect no payback? why is one attack on us such a b ig deal but when we start a war its nothing? i dont get it. we have 300 million people and 3k have died on our own soil in attacks since 1942.

i just dont see how its a big deal worth changing our way of life for

im sorry for peoples loss, for sure, but its not worth a war over, its not worth losing money over.

there are effects to our governments actions

abolish the cia and the world suddenyl gets a lot better, mark my words
    I agree.

obama our lord
    obama our lord's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because they don't belong in a country's army doesn't mean they have no rights. When the British were fighiting the American insurgents in 1776 they treated all prisoners with humility even though they didn't have a country.
    And Gitmo prisoners are treated just so horribly. Complimentary Korans and prayer rugs, roast chicken with couscous, and volleyball. Oh the humanity.

If only they were under the same conditions I had to endure for a one week stint in the hellhole county jail 10 years ago.

obama our lord
    obama our lord's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't imagine we had no attacks since Gitmo was closed. I guess they don't hate us after all.

Gitmo is still in operation.

losturmarbles

nobody hates us for freedoms. have you ever been to any of these countries? they hate us (very few of them), some of them, for one reason, we intercede in their governments, we prop up their leaders who then subjugate their people. it has nothing to do with freedoms terrorism is made up dude, its a non issue. it affects less than .01% of americans population, if that i dont mention bush or obama, so stop assuming. its much bigger than him. he is a scapegoat in over his head.
    1. no the civilians are those getting bombed and shit upon. I wonder where militants come from. 2. so if you call people a different name you become exempt from international law. very good. You believe everything the govt tells you? 3. ???.--standing up for yours and others rights is not pacifism it's the toughest fight there is.
    I hate to admit it, but Ryan and Reno were right.

By the way, Obama just officially welshed on his promise to close Gitmo.

First 1234 Last