losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    so they are guilty bc we put them in jail? seriously? how do we know if they did anyhting. a lot of them are just guys staying out after curfew dude

try them, if guilty, lock em up

you dont know what they did if you dont try them
    have you read about why they are there and how long they are there? we lock people up forever now? we torture people forever now? come the **** on. whats the point of this shit ?
    youre being naive dude.

we can't try them without giving their legal counsel access to classified information. which WOULD make us less safe and prone to more terrorist attacks.

and usa tortures for fun. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

one attack on us in most peoples lifetime
    a single attack
    and our response is to wiretap, torture, start a trillion dollar war and im naive?
    terrorism is a mino minor annoyance in a very safe and stable world
    there really is nothing to be scared of, ive been all around the world and never had one problem. so you guys can live in fear of a boogeyman or terrorism but its just stupid, its barely a blip , its like worrying about tornadoes or floods. big deal.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

were you there pig? why was it number one? where were you stationed?
    I was not stationed there, I was in the US Army and spent most of my time in Korea . When I left the US Army I was employed by the Rhodesian Army as a paid profesional soldier and spent almost a year in Rhodesia in 1979-80.

Sorry left out why it was good duty station in the 60s-70s, back then 95% of Marines went to Vietnam,and 50% of Navy guys were stationed onshore or offshore in Vietnam so if you got stationed on Cuba life was good.

later
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 01-23-09 at 07:37 PM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

a single attack
    and our response is to wiretap, torture, start a trillion dollar war and im naive?
    there really is nothing to be scared of, ive been all around the world and never had one problem. so you guys can live in fear of a boogeyman or terrorism but its just stupid, its barely a blip , its like worrying about tornadoes or floods. big deal.
    Dude whats wrong with you one attack, are you smoking crack or what?

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Dude whats wrong with you one attack, are you smoking crack or what?
    He cant see that one attack doesn't make them better than what we've done. It makes what both sides have done very wrong.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtuck View Post
    He cant see that one attack doesn't make them better than what we've done. It makes what both sides have done very wrong.
    Jtuck you make more sense then some of these onsided thinkers.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

U.S. Missile Attacks Kill 15 in al-Qaeda Strongholds (Update1)
    Email | Print | A A A

By [bn:PRSN=1] James Rupert [] and [bn:PRSN=1] Jeff Bliss []

Jan. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Two missile strikes involving U.S. Predator drones killed at least 15 people in al-Qaeda strongholds in Pakistan’s tribal regions yesterday.

The attacks are the first known offensives against suspected terrorists in the region since President Barack Obama took office on Jan. 20.

Eight people were killed when missiles from an unmanned surveillance plane struck a militant compound near the town of Mir Ali in North Waziristan, and hours later another drone fired two rockets into a house in the town of Wana in South Waziristan, killing seven more, AFP said.

The strikes come amid increasing reports of Predator attacks in the region in the past six months that have resulted in the deaths of some senior al-Qaeda officials.

Earlier this month, a missile fired by a CIA-operated drone in northern Pakistan killed Usama al-Kini, a Kenyan national who was al-Qaeda’s chief of operations in Pakistan, and his lieutenant, Sheikh Ahmed Salim Swedan, the Washington Post reported, citing unidentified U.S. counterterrorism officials.

A Predator missile strike in December 2005 killed Abu Hamza Rabia, an Egyptian militant whom Pakistani and U.S. officials described as the operational commander of al-Qaeda fighters.

During the presidential campaign, Obama said he would pursue terrorists in the northwestern tribal region of Pakistan if then-Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf showed he was reluctant to do so.

‘Actionable Intelligence’

“If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won’t act, we will,” he said in an Aug. 1, 2007, speech.

Obama’s comments at the time were criticized by Hillary Clinton, his main rival for the Democratic nomination and now the secretary of state, and by Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona, whom he eventually defeated for the presidency.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs declined to comment on the reports at a briefing yesterday.

In an interview today on CNN, Musharraf said the attacks aren’t popular with Pakistanis, regardless of their views on the militants.

“Nobody in Pakistan is comfortable with strikes across the border” from Afghanistan, he said.

Musharraf said he hoped Obama also would address “core disputes” about injustices in the Muslim world that spur people to become terrorists.

Slow-Flying Drones

Mir Ali residents said they saw at least one of the distinctive, slow-flying Predator drones above the village before the missiles were fired, Pakistan’s Dawn News reported. Only the U.S. military and the CIA fly Predators, and the CIA arms them with missiles.

The Predator, made by General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. in San Diego, is a 27-foot (8.2-meter) drone that has been used since 1995 in combat zones such as the Balkans and the Middle East, according to the company’s Web site.

Mir Ali is a densely populated oasis of green farmland amid the rugged mountains of Waziristan, and its villages have served for the past five years as bases for Arab, Uzbek and other fighters of al-Qaeda.

Dawn News said the second attack was mounted by a Predator and targeted Gangi Khel, a village about 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) west of Wana, South Waziristan’s administrative center.

losturmarbles

a single attack
    yes, your posts continually prove how naive you are.
    terrorism is a big deal.
    i do agree that using terrorism to justify abusing privacy rights and pursue other global agendas is also a big deal.
    however i dont point the finger at gwb and blame him and come to the conclusion that terrorism is only the result of our own actions. these people hate us for our western culture, for our freedoms, for our lifestyle that flies in the face of their opressive dogma. does our government play a role? sure. but gwb is the government's scapegoat. government is the evil beast that continues on and promises you "hope" and "change" and you buy every word of it. every move government makes is another inch towards nationalization. towards communism. towards globalization. so yeah im concerned about our government's actions, but for different reasons than you. and to dismiss terrorism in spite of that would be to do so at your own peril.

ryanXL977

nobody hates us for freedoms. have you ever been to any of these countries? they hate us (very few of them), some of them, for one reason, we intercede in their governments, we prop up their leaders who then subjugate their people. it has nothing to do with freedoms

terrorism is made up dude, its a non issue. it affects less than .01% of americans population, if that

i dont mention bush or obama, so stop assuming. its much bigger than him. he is a scapegoat in over his head.
    Last edited by ryanXL977; 01-23-09 at 07:56 PM.

losturmarbles

nobody hates us for freedoms. have you ever been to any of these countries? they hate us (very few of them), some of them, for one reason, we intercede in their governments, we prop up their leaders who then subjugate their people. it has nothing to do with freedoms

terrorism is made up dude, its a non issue. it affects less than .01% of americans population, if that

i dont mention bush or obama, so stop assuming. its much bigger than him. he is a scapegoat in over his head.
    seems you are mixing up "them's"

youre comparing civilians to militants. so stop posting ignorant comments.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    seems you are mixing up "them's"

youre comparing civilians to militants. so stop posting ignorant comments.
    Why waist your breath on this. He is a far left liberal

ryanXL977

all i can say to you is travel, read, and talk to people from other countries and find out whats going on

rather than saying what you say, which is basically just talking points that we all hear from the gop every single day for the last 7 years, ask people.

we are the ones who took down the shah of iran and put the current lot in power
    we are the ones who put saddam in power

the cia, this government.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Gitmo doesn't prevent terrorism since terrorists believe in 72 virgins in heaven. Sending them to meet the 72 virgins by attacking them at their hideouts with missiles and special forces prevents it though.

losturmarbles

all i can say to you is travel, read, and talk to people from other countries and find out whats going on

rather than saying what you say, which is basically just talking points that we all hear from the gop every single day for the last 7 years, ask people.

we are the ones who took down the shah of iran and put the current lot in power
    we are the ones who put saddam in power

the cia, this government.
    wtf, im suppose to go jive with al qaeda and the taliban so i can "find out what going on"????

again another naive and ignorant comment. and again youre comparing civilians to militants.

yeah must be talking points, please tell me where to get more bc im too dumb and naive to think on my on... no wait that was you.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Shit number 62 prisoneer let go and he is now doing terrist acts

oh yea close Gitmo down let them all run around killing more people for their fuced up cause.
    Last edited by pimike; 01-23-09 at 10:05 PM. Reason: i

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Do you think that if he was still at Gitmo his brother, second cousin or someone from his own village wouldn't take his spot?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Do you think that if he was still at Gitmo his brother, second cousin or someone from his own village wouldn't take his spot?
    That is not the point. But we do know his brother or second cousin will not be in Gilmo no matter what thanks to our Muslim President

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know a lot of Christians with the middle name "Hussein"

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Why keep them at Gitmo indefinitely without trial? Even Alcatraz closed in San Fran once it was discovered it was a shit hole.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    I know a lot of Christians with the middle name "Hussein"
    There are many Christians in the Middle East with the name Hussein. You need to travel outside the 3 time zones.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

There are many Christians in the Middle East with the name Hussein. You need to travel outside the 3 time zones.
    You need a hug from Ryan.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

OK...If you ever go to Egypt, Palestine or Jordan ask how many Christians have the name Hussein. At least 100,000. It's more common than John in the US.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

OK...If you ever go to Egypt, Palestine or Jordan ask how many Christians have the name Hussein. At least 100,000. It's more common than John in the US.
    Whats your point?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I don't know. What's the point of saying someone with the name Hussein is Muslim?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know. What's the point of saying someone with the name Hussein is Muslim?
    I didn't, I said Obama was, has nothing to do with his middle name. He is a Terrist in waiting behind the scenes.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I was responding to Shortstop and you jumped in the middle.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Next time I happen to be in Palestine, I'll conduct a survey.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

50% of Palestinians are Christian. The majority of the ones living in the occupied West Bank are Christians and go to church.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

I was responding to Shortstop and you jumped in the middle.

Sorry PAVY

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Pavy congrats on 11K posts. It just blows my mind how people on the left coast like Ryan consider 9/11 "a single attack, what's the big deal"

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Ryan is right until the next terrorist attack happens in the US by international terrorists. He has a point till proven wrong. But is was a big deal because only 3,000 people died instead of 50,000 because Mossad notified all the Jews working at the towers to not go to work and forgot to tell CIA and the other races working on that day. Not a single funeral at a Jewish Synagogue after 9/11.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Ryan is right until the next terrorist attack happens in the US by international terrorists. He has a point till proven wrong. But is was a big deal because only 3,000 people died instead of 50,000 because Mossad notified all the Jews working at the towers to not go to work and forgot to tell CIA and the other races working on that day. Not a single funeral at a Jewish Synagogue after 9/11.
    He has no point WTF, there will be another attack mark my words pal, it will happen with Obama in office. Trust me.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Mr JJ Goal

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont watch Fox News and I respectively tune out the opinions of Republicans. You will here criticism of Obama and his moves everyday he is in office simply because the Republicans cant admit that things didnt go well under Bush's administration.
    Last edited by THEGREAT30; 01-23-09 at 11:03 PM.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Ryan is a brainwashed liberal living in San Fransicko totally blind to the real world. I like the idea of sending the terrorists from Gitmo to Alcatraz! Ryan could visit them every day.

First 1234 Last