k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Lots of Public Road Dogs This Week in the NFL

Usually there is only one, maybe two the most a week. We potentially have six this time.

Also they are all good match ups coincidentally except for one game.

+3.5 Giants
    +6 Bills
    +1 Saints
    +3 Detroit
    +2 Patriots
    +3 Rams

How will they turn out?

I'll be back later with some numbers for the season so far.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Who knows the way this season is going

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question, what does "public road dogs" mean?

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Question, what does "public road dogs" mean?
    Public - The majority of wagers are coming in on. The majority see this as the favorable play.

Road - Team that is not at home.

Dog - Underdog

k13

Did some quick calculations : Public Road Dogs in the NFL this year.

6-14-1 ATS

5-16 SU

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Did some quick calculations : Public Road Dogs in the NFL this year.

6-14-1 ATS

5-16 SU
    Problem is, you look at those trends and tend to think it will balance out more than follow previous. In other words, the time to back public road dogs may be past, given the imbalance so far and the way the NFL always seems to conveniently settle up any and all trends in the end so that there are no obvious ones.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think one of toughest cards to date
    I am feeling more comfortable right now with hockey

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Did some quick calculations : Public Road Dogs in the NFL this year. 6-14-1 ATS 5-16 SU
    I'm glad you mentioned that stats because on an another forum someone mentioned their list of gambling rules for the NFL. One of the rules being to Never bet on a Road Favorite at all. Your stats defends this rule.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned that stats because on an another forum someone mentioned their list of gambling rules for the NFL. One of the rules being to Never bet on a Road Favorite at all. Your stats defends this rule.
    What does road dog stats have to do with road faves

k13

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Problem is, you look at those trends and tend to think it will balance out more than follow previous. In other words, the time to back public road dogs may be past, given the imbalance so far and the way the NFL always seems to conveniently settle up any and all trends in the end so that there are no obvious ones.
    I agree with you mostly as we saw with over/unders, Overs hitting at a high rate now almost back to even.

The difference here is the "public" is a broad and undefined term so not sure if it is even considered a trend.

Wished I had some data for the last 5 year or more.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    What does road dog stats have to do with road faves
    Fading one stat to follow another stat.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Giants and Bills will be the only ones that cover

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think one of toughest cards to date I am feeling more comfortable right now with hockey

this is the week to break out the underdog teasers

tons of close games I think

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Giants look like the play the others might be trouble

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

tease Giants, Saints, and Rams

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Only thing you have to worry about the Giants is look ahead. They just won a big game against the Patriots away. Now travel across country against 49ers tough defense and have the Eagles next week at home. I love my Giants but I wouldn't bet the giants straight up, if you find another team to tease with, I'd tease with it but i wouldn't bet them this week straight up. It can be trouble.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

good to know. considering a tenn/wash teaser.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who do you like this week k13? My only leans are San Fran and the bears, maybe new England.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

only the pats will win, rest are burials

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

^^^ Pats will not win, it's going to be a massive burial from all the people chasing on sunday night football, going with the "sure thing" Patriots to win their money back they lost on the day games.......Jets are playing amazing lately and everyone is healthy and ready to rock.....They are also unstoppable at home so far this season. Jets under Rex Ryan are 2-0 at home vs. the Pats as well, they always get up big time for this game

Of all of these games, I like all of the home teams except for the Bears. Lions coming off the bye should be able to take it in a close one

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    ^^^ Pats will not win, it's going to be a massive burial from all the people chasing on sunday night football, going with the "sure thing" Patriots to win their money back they lost on the day games.......Jets are playing amazing lately and everyone is healthy and ready to rock.....They are also unstoppable at home so far this season. Jets under Rex Ryan are 2-0 at home vs. the Pats as well, they always get up big time for this game Of all of these games, I like all of the home teams except for the Bears. Lions coming off the bye should be able to take it in a close one

absolutely, agreed

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

cowboys will cover

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

k so random guy and brahma absolutely lock/immortal-destiny/easiest lock of lifetime agree that jets roll pats = put house/wives/cars on NE

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Only thing you have to worry about the Giants is look ahead. They just won a big game against the Patriots away. Now travel across country against 49ers tough defense and have the Eagles next week at home. I love my Giants but I wouldn't bet the giants straight up, if you find another team to tease with, I'd tease with it but i wouldn't bet them this week straight up. It can be trouble.
    agree 100%.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    cowboys will cover
    They win SU but I don't know about the cover. Trust. Too lazy to do a write up. Maybe in a day or two.

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Giants will get slapped in the face and sent home. SF is for real!

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

^^^ Pats will not win, it's going to be a massive burial from all the people chasing on sunday night football, going with the "sure thing" Patriots to win their money back they lost on the day games.......Jets are playing amazing lately and everyone is healthy and ready to rock.....They are also unstoppable at home so far this season. Jets under Rex Ryan are 2-0 at home vs. the Pats as well, they always get up big time for this game

Of all of these games, I like all of the home teams except for the Bears. Lions coming off the bye should be able to take it in a close one
    Good Stuff!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Thanks Ctown......and greatest ass ever, looks like 2 baked hams ^^^

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Sanchez usually has 1 game/yr where he dominates the Pats D. He didn't do it in the first matchup, so it very well could be this week.

I like the matchup for the Pats this week though. They dominated the Jets a month ago, and that was without Mayo and Vollmer, their best LB and O lineman.

Should be a great game either way

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Sanchez usually has 1 game/yr where he dominates the Pats D. He didn't do it in the first matchup, so it very well could be this week.

I like the matchup for the Pats this week though. They dominated the Jets a month ago, and that was without Mayo and Vollmer, their best LB and O lineman.

Should be a great game either way
    Just wondering, how could you like the matchup? Not trying to start a flame war, but most everyone (unbiased opinions) will agree that the Jets matchup very well against the Pats. With Kyle Wilson playing great this season in the slot, the Jets have possibly the best 3 man CB group in the league.....On offense, the Jets passing game has begun to look pretty good lately, and they also got the running game going as of late as well. Should not be a problem to move the ball on the Pats D, especially through the air

The Patriots did not dominate the Jets BTW earlier this season. They did not play all that well, and still had a chance to win it at the end if they forced a stop on 3rd down on that last drive and they had a few chances. The defense was out of gas, and didn't get it done. Credit to Brady. Either way, in order to dominate an opponent, you need to blow the game out of reach in the 4th quarter, and this was a pretty close game all the way through.

We can all agree that it should be a pretty good game, but I think home field advantage and the way these teams are trending lately will give the Jets the advantage. I expect Pats fans to believe they will win it as Jets fans believe their team will get the job done.

Here's to an exciting and injury free game

I will be there rooting my Jets on

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

People thinking NE is still good remind me of PAULYPOKER's Chargers Lock thread. This isn't the same Pats team, Brady does't look right, the defense lets you throw all day long. Sanchez could have 400 yards against the Pats. As for the Giants, maybe, SF is good, so are the Giants but I'm averse to gambling with Eli involved. You don't know if you'll get precise, zip on his throws, methodical Eli, or the one who tackles himself awkwardly during a scramble and fumbles the ball without being touched. That guy, and Cutler worry me when going up against a good pass rush.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Just wondering, how could you like the matchup? Not trying to start a flame war, but most everyone (unbiased opinions) will agree that the Jets matchup very well against the Pats. With Kyle Wilson playing great this season in the slot, the Jets have possibly the best 3 man CB group in the league.....On offense, the Jets passing game has begun to look pretty good lately, and they also got the running game going as of late as well. Should not be a problem to move the ball on the Pats D, especially through the air

The Patriots did not dominate the Jets BTW earlier this season. They did not play all that well, and still had a chance to win it at the end if they forced a stop on 3rd down on that last drive and they had a few chances. The defense was out of gas, and didn't get it done. Credit to Brady. Either way, in order to dominate an opponent, you need to blow the game out of reach in the 4th quarter, and this was a pretty close game all the way through.

We can all agree that it should be a pretty good game, but I think home field advantage and the way these teams are trending lately will give the Jets the advantage. I expect Pats fans to believe they will win it as Jets fans believe their team will get the job done.

Here's to an exciting and injury free game

I will be there rooting my Jets on
    I like the matchup based on how they played last game. Sanchez only had 166 yards on 26 attempts, without the leader of the Pats D. A lot went right for the Jets, namely the Hernandez drop and the kick return. If Hernandez makes that fairly easy catch, the Pats go into the half with a 17-7 lead and the ball to start the 3rd. Pretty rough situation for Sanchez to bring them back from 10+ down, right? Instead, Hernandez deflects it and Cromartie snatches it, making it a 10-7 game at half. The 88 yard kick return after the Pats scored on their first possession of the 3rd was huge too, because Sanchez was having a tough time moving the ball. Getting it at the 20 was a huge momentum shift. I think we can both agree those were pretty flukey/lucky plays, that certainly changed the view from a dominant Pats lead to a close game.

I expect Belichick to turn the D line loose a bit, like we've seen a few times this year. I think he's playing a lot of bland schemes with them so far because he wanted to save the surprising, attack D for the playoffs, but now that the playoffs aren't as "guaranteed" as expected with the surge of the Bills, I think he turns it on early.

I do agree that the Pats and Jets are trending opposite ways, but I can never count a team out with the leadership that the Pats have. The D played great last week, up until the very end, where they didn't take advantage of some Eli mistakes that could have ended it.

It seems that every season between these 2, 1 game is a dominant win for the Pats, 1 for the Jets, and the last one is close. I hope that changes this time around lol, but I am certainly nervous about this game. Both teams are going to be hungry, and both have the playmakers to make it exciting til the end. I agree with you 100%, hopefully everyone stays healthy and we get to watch a great game

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

rams looks good to me, browns have serious problems throwing the ball so they are a one dimensional team that can be stopped easily with hillis injured

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    rams looks good to me, browns have serious problems throwing the ball so they are a one dimensional team that can be stopped easily with hillis injured

Buy a half point there in case STL loses by 3

but yea I agree, STL should take it. CLE struggles against the run

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

3-3, though I'd say the only lopsided public road dogs both ML and spread-wise were the Giants and Bills and both lost. The other four were relatively close (in the 60/40 range).

12 Last