battle4life
    battle4life's Avatar Become A Pro!

why are the raiders +8 vs chargers

i feel this line is slightly high and is so damm hard to pass up.........i understand it is in charger land but oakland is close so it isnt a big road trip also it is a big rivial game i say home field is 3 points and chargers are better for another 3 but no more than 8 + game that seems high as hell.....

is there something im missing like injuries ect oakalnd beat chargers twice last year also hmmmmm.......all the advice i can get on this game would be kool......this is my last thread for the day...

daviddaman2
    daviddaman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Chargers are the much better team. Raiders are a fraud, the Chargers are a good team that just hasn't really gotten rolling yet.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I am on the Chargers -7. The key to this game is Carson Palmer. Think about it, the Chargers defense just got done facing Aaron Rodgers and he torched them. This is a defense that has A LOT of pride, a team that has a lot of pride. Now the Chargers will be up against Carson Palmer and they should be licking their chops the guy clearly does not have it right now.

battle4life

thanks bear im going to think hard about this and figure it out

Go State
    Go State's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1282

Another thing to consider is that this is San Diego's 3rd game in 11 days I could see Oakland using the running game to wear down San Diego early on and at least be able to keep the Chargers off the field.

battle4life

they call me buring money cus im going raiders + 8 i dont give a fukk if it losses it losses....unless there is something hugh im missing i think it is the right side

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

McFadden might still be out, and Palmer still is a bit rusty, he'll probably throw at least 2 ints this game, and hell, I don't think Rivers is going to let his team fall yet again... Tebow and McGahee ran all over the Raiders last week, and If Ryan Matthews can get healthy expect for a lot more running in this game too, plus it seems like the Rivers - Jackson connection has been re-established.
    I'm pretty sure SD wins by a bit more than just a TD...

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Dax is spot on pal. Palmer is rusty and Cahrgers are going to have their way with the Raiders. Chargers will be able to run and throw the ball with little resistance. When Chargers start adding on those points, the Raiders will be forced in the air hence there will be a lot of opportunities for Chargers to pick it off

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

be careful in this game...oakland is salty about that loss to denver and i think they come out to play in SD. key to the game is going to be turnovers. hopefully palmer can keep the ball with his own team instead of his previous 2 games in which he has 6 picks. BOL everyone

Dax

Yeah, but I guess you can say the same thing about SD, Rivers turned over the ball 3 times as well...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If Palmer is the QB for the Raiders this week and you are not getting +28 or more and you bet them you have a piece of dog shit inside your skull. Remove it immediately. Good luck!

Dax

I wouldn't say by that much, but the Raiders will have to struggle a bit if the want to get something outta this game... Still something doesn't look right about this...
    My biggest question here is, will Rivers lay down and take another loss, or will he make a sharp and very needed comeback to get back in the game? If it's going to happen, it should be now...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

chargers fan here and I'm on the Raiders..Oakland beat us twice last year and has played us tough for a few years now...Chargers aren't as good as past seasons..Raiders will win in the trenches and Michael Bush will have a big game, Chargers might win but it will be a tight game..hopefully my boys prove me wrong, but this is how I see it

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

They looked awful against an average Chiefs team, and a below average Broncos team

Not saying Chargers will definitely cover but the spread is justified...

With that being said I got Chargers -6 1/2 at -120/

Dax

I still think Chargers will win this by a bit more than a TD...

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

you gotta read between the lines, the raiders went through a lot as a team the last month with al davis dying, campbell going down, trading for palmer, all the media hype.... the raiders will win this game outright!! WATCH!!

Dax

If they were playing at home I could probably agree with you... I think the Raiders come back till week 11 when they meet the Vikings.

birdman24

Its basically a home game for the raiders, half of that stadium will be full of raiders fans. Realistically we all see the chargers dominating this game. But thats what vegas wants you to think. Im a Die hard Raiders fan, and i think the raiders were in a tough situation the last two games against denver and KC. I think they bounce back this week.

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

are the raiders with or without mcfadden? if without, i'd take sd -7

oakland defense looked horrible as well. i guess that what happens when your offense cant move the ball and you constantly have to be back out on the field without much rest

birdman24

the first half was solid, mostly 3 and outs for Denver, The thing that changed the momentum was the int tat was tipped, the very next play they broke for a 70 yard td run. after that, all went to crap. i doubt that dmac plays this week, but they should be fine without him. Bush and jones should combine for at least 150 this week. idk maybe I'm just being biased...

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

the line started at 6.5 and very quickly shot to 8. On the injury front it's still not looking like McFadden plays which may acct for the line being where it is at. They also very well may not have McClain which would be huge because he's been a monster at LB this year for them.

the h man
    the h man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

84% on Chargers. I'm on Raiders +8.

Bush is a great backup for McFadden.

Palmer is a new addition to the team so he should be meshing more with the team every week. Same for Housh.

Raiders traded big for Palmer... They want to make it to and win in the playoffs this year = Motivated

Chargers... 3 games in 11 days... gave it there all and just lost = Letdown game imo

Chargers running game is banged up too.

dmt112
    dmt112's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmmm... this is a tough one. Carson Palmer has been throwing ints and losing games since he came to the Raiders. Phillip Rivers has been throwing ints and losing games for the last few weeks. So, it comes down to if Palmer decides he's going to start playing to be worth the draft picks he was traded for... or Rivers decides to stop choking. A fumbled snap in FG range Monday night near the end of regulation against the Chiefs and then 2 pick-6's against the Packers? Man, nobody should be calling Romo a choke artist unless they mention Rivers in the same statement. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Carson will throw the ball to the other team like he has last few games easy points Chargers

kwangusbeef
    back on grind
    kwangusbeef's Avatar Become A Pro!

birdman, i was rooting for oakland HARD last sunday because i had them straight, teased, reversed AND parlayed. (mainly because i was betting against tebow) anyhow, they look so different (in a bad way) without mcfadden in the lineup. no disrespect to bush whos doing a decent job filling in for mcfadden, defenses arent geared up to stop the run, instead linebackers will drop to play the pass more and with palmer still looking like he's retired.. i dont see oakland scoring more than 20 points this game vs pretty decent sd defense. its a must win game for chargers after dropping last two, i see rivers coming out having a big game

Dax

McFadden most likely still out.

SD only gives out average 120 rushing yards per game so I doubt that Bush will be able to break loose on them, which will probably mean they will resort to the passing game and we all know Palmer still needs to polish out a few of those plays before he can get in to proper rhythm.
    PLUS SD only gives out about 200yds passing (with the exception of Rodgers, who seems to be able to pass the ball on any team). On the other hand the Raiders are pretty much giving the house away, allowing almost 250 pass yards and 150 rushing yards avg per game...

The only way I see the Raiders win this is if they get Campbell and McFadden back... and that isn't going to happen any time soon, even if Campbell is a quick healer.

But I'd like to be proven wrong... as I'm not very fond of SD

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3515

palmer also threw 3 TD's last week...

Dax

and Rivers 4 td but he also threw 3 ints... which is why this game isn't a sure thing for SD but also isn't a run away for the Raiders... I still think SD can win this by a bit more than a TD.

2dolla2holla
    2dolla2holla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    McFadden most likely still out.

SD only gives out average 120 rushing yards per game so I doubt that Bush will be able to break loose on them, which will probably mean they will resort to the passing game and we all know Palmer still needs to polish out a few of those plays before he can get in to proper rhythm.
    PLUS SD only gives out about 200yds passing (with the exception of Rodgers, who seems to be able to pass the ball on any team). On the other hand the Raiders are pretty much giving the house away, allowing almost 250 pass yards and 150 rushing yards avg per game...

The only way I see the Raiders win this is if they get Campbell and McFadden back... and that isn't going to happen any time soon, even if Campbell is a quick healer.

But I'd like to be proven wrong... as I'm not very fond of SD
    You act like Campbell was a savor, he wasn't even that good lol and this is coming from a die hard raider fan.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by 2dolla2holla View Post
    You act like Campbell was a savor, he wasn't even that good lol and this is coming from a die hard raider fan.
    He isn't their savior, but he knew the plays and wasn't as bad as Palmer is right now...