robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    yeah? what you trying to say? the W and final score is what matters.

Def Jam, would this thread have been made a week ago? No. His #'s were bad today. The win makes him "elite"?

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    ......eat it bitches!!

NY Giants football all day!!
    Settle down.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    We'll see what he does against an Elite D.
    Harbaugh and the 69ers gonna get corn holed next Sunday buddy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Harbaugh and the 69ers gonna get corn holed next Sunday buddy.
    Don't get too excited now..

We are talking about Eli who lost the Seahawks....

You should make lots of money on ML next week.

NYSportsGuy210

Even if the 69ers lose next week they will still win 12-13 games for the season. They are due for a let down. G men take it in fruityville next week.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    you obviously dont get it. no sense in debating any longer as you are going to believe what you want and what the talking heads tell you "all I heard all game how Eli was making throws off his back foot and what terrible passes he made"
    speaking of talking heads, find me someone who isn't a homer who says he's an elite qb, and then we'll talk.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Even if the 69ers lose next week they will still win 12-13 games for the season. They are due for a let down. G men take it in fruityville next week.
    Line is -3.5 now if you want to jump on it.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Peyton
    Big Ben (look at his numbers from his 1st sb)
    Rivers he has so much talent around him and they always come up short
    Schaub he is in no way ahead of Eli
    Vick YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT.

You guys have to look at what he has to work with also. If you put Eli on the chargers with those guys his stats will be inflated more. Rivers wouldn't be able to handle ny

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Don't get too excited now.. We are talking about Eli who lost the Seahawks.... You should make lots of money on ML next week.
    Alex Smith

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen30 View Post
    Alex Smith

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    So Eli is better than Marino and Jim Kelly too, right?
    What a moron, I'm replying from YOUR top 10 list moron on why Eli is ranked higher then those guys on that list. FROM YOUR LIST. I didn't see Marino or Kelly on that list, do you?

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Peyton
    Big Ben
    Rivers
    Schaub
    Vick
    Eli

I have him 9th right now, obviously my list is for the past couple years and this year

Nope don't see Marino or Kelly.

Clearly just sour that the pats lost. Moving along.

Best of luck next time

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Eli shows flashes of elite skill but he aint consistent enough to warrant elite status. Like someone said, hes plays to his oppositions level.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by DMB40 View Post
    Still have to get the td which ELI did. Why does everyone hate him so much. Plays the game right. Wins. What else do you need. He is having his best season so far and has no major weapons.
    By the way great band great song....Dude I dont get it. He takes so much heat its unreal. What else does the guy have to do? He's throwing to Victor Cruz and Jake Ballard who both barely made the team. You'd think he was Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell, Jesse Palmer...Those guys sucked and didn't take nearly as much criticism as Eli does.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    What a moron, I'm replying from YOUR top 10 list moron on why Eli is ranked higher then those guys on that list. FROM YOUR LIST. I didn't see Marino or Kelly on that list, do you?
    You said the ring is what puts Eli over those 3, because they "don't know how to get it done" (your exact words)... why would that not be true of Marino and Kelly? The ring argument is a terrible one. Eli was one miracle helmet catch away from losing that game... if Tyree doesn't come down with it and the Giants lose, would you still say Manning is better than Vick, Rivers, and Schaub? . 1 ring doesn't automatically put him over any ringless QB.

He had a 55% completion percentage and an 87ish rating in that game. Not exactly elite, amazing numbers, right?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen30 View Post
    By the way great band great song....Dude I dont get it. He takes so much heat its unreal. What else does the guy have to do? He's throwing to Victor Cruz and Jake Ballard who both barely made the team. You'd think he was Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell, Jesse Palmer...Those guys sucked and didn't take nearly as much criticism as Eli does.
    just have to ignore it. we know what the real deal is. haters gonna hate.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

1. Rodgers
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    4. Peyton M
    5. Who the hell cares, there's like 4-6 guys you could argue for here, Eli being one of them.

There are 4 elite QB's. Eli is not one of them. Not yet.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Emphasis on NOT YET

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Over his career, Eli is definitely second tier. But he's having a career year this year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6746

Did you watch the game?? He threw some God awful passes that should have been picked off. Only reason he got the PI call at the end was because his throw was so far off that Sergio misread where the receiver was.

Just like the Tyree catch, Eli got lucky as hell
    yeah ok PAL... watching your defense give up a 4th and 8 that would have sealed the win by going max coverage and letting Tom just sit and wait for an opening was real lucky... no, taking the ball back and driving down the field in mere seconds was luck... no.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by thefonzo View Post
    1. Rodgers
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    4. Peyton M
    5. Who the hell cares, there's like 4-6 guys you could argue for here, Eli being one of them.

There are 4 elite QB's. Eli is not one of them. Not yet.
    He is 7th best in the NFL. I'll take that.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Says the Giants fan

NYSportsGuy210

I am so what.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I am so what.
    Your opinion of Eli Manning is clearly biased

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

people that are not Giants fans cannot understand the value of Eli Manning. There are so many things to consider when you talk about Eli Manning.
    1) He's a Manning and plays in New York. There are very few athletes not only in the NFL, but considering all sports who have to deal with the amount of pressure Eli does
    2) He has to play his home games at the Meadowlands where it's, without exaggeration, one of the worst places for QBs to have to throw the ball. Especially in November and December, the cold and specifically the windy conditions are nightmares for QBs. It's no coincidence Eli and the Giants have always faded down the stretch the last few years.
    3)He plays in the NFC East. Say what you want about the NFC East, but it's consistently been one of the toughest divisions in football for a while now.
    4) Eli has never consistently had great talent around him. Nicks is the best offensive player he's ever had and Eli is having his best years ever since they drafted Nicks.The next 3 best offensive players he's had were all cancers. Tiki, shockey, and plexiglass were all detriments more than they were good for Eli.
    5) look at the value of Eli to the Giants. If Eli went down and Carr had to start, the Giants would be in the same situation as the Colts. They might not even win a game this year.
    6) Eli has been one of the most clutch QBs in the 4th quarter and in 2 minute drills. This is where the true value of a QB is measured. This is exactly why Romo will never be considered elite, despite having some of the best numbers stat wise.
    7) He's a Super Bowl winner and MVP

Any true Giants fan knows Eli is elite for all these reasons. It's not all about the numbers. It's about winning games and being clutch in big situations. Eli has done that.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    people that are not Giants fans cannot understand the value of Eli Manning. There are so many things to consider when you talk about Eli Manning.
    1) He's a Manning and plays in New York. There are very few athletes not only in the NFL, but considering all sports who have to deal with the amount of pressure Eli does
    2) He has to play his home games at the Meadowlands where it's, without exaggeration, one of the worst places for QBs to have to throw the ball. Especially in November and December, the cold and specifically the windy conditions are nightmares for QBs. It's no coincidence Eli and the Giants have always faded down the stretch the last few years.
    3)He plays in the NFC East. Say what you want about the NFC East, but it's consistently been one of the toughest divisions in football for a while now.
    4) Eli has never consistently had great talent around him. Nicks is the best offensive player he's ever had and Eli is having his best years ever since they drafted Nicks.The next 3 best offensive players he's had were all cancers. Tiki, shockey, and plexiglass were all detriments more than they were good for Eli.
    5) look at the value of Eli to the Giants. If Eli went down and Carr had to start, the Giants would be in the same situation as the Colts. They might not even win a game this year.
    6) Eli has been one of the most clutch QBs in the 4th quarter and in 2 minute drills. This is where the true value of a QB is measured. This is exactly why Romo will never be considered elite, despite having some of the best numbers stat wise.
    7) He's a Super Bowl winner and MVP

Any true Giants fan knows Eli is elite for all these reasons. It's not all about the numbers. It's about winning games and being clutch in big situations. Eli has done that.
    You do realize that Manning had to march down the field on that last drive because he threw that awful and unnecessary interception in the redzone that he should have never thrown?

Plus the Giants defense kept Eli in that game and many close games. He's a very solid quarterback on a team with a great defense who makes good and sometimes questionable plays.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    You do realize that Manning had to march down the field on that last drive because he threw that awful and unnecessary interception in the redzone that he should have never thrown?

Plus the Giants defense kept Eli in that game and many close games. He's a very solid quarterback on a team with a great defense who makes good and sometimes questionable plays.
    horrible interception? The defender made a good play coming off his receiver(Ballard) and made a nice interception. And it doesn't matter now when he makes up for it by leading 2 consecutive TD drives late in the 4th quarter to take the lead and then win the game for good. "great defense". This is exactly what I'm talking about when I said people that are NOT Giants fans and haven't watched the games have no idea what they are talking about. You haven't watched this defense have you? This was by far the best performance by the Giants D. I don't have to point to the statistics to point out how bad this D has been this season. They haven't been able to stop the run at all and have given up big plays all year. Eli and Nicks have carried the team by keeping up offensively.
    Even though you are wrong by a mile, what relevance does that "awful and unnecessary" INT have with any of things I pointed out in my previous post?
    Last edited by nyed1010; 11-07-11 at 01:48 AM.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

getting a little ahead of yourself you cant say hes an elite qb when hes led the nfl in picks twice thats not elite

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care, he gave me the best NFL moment ever at their superbowl win over NE.
    He will always be a hero for me

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Eli's always been a really good QB. Never an elite type QB that can put his team on his shoulders and win 10-12 games each year like Brees, Brady, and Rodgers. But he is definitely a QB that if you put in the right system, and put on a good team, can lead them to a superbowl.

He has always gotten more hate than he deserves. A lot of people got on him for his bad season last year, but most of those INT's were the fault of his WR's.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

or new england is overrated

NYSportsGuy210

Like I already stated boys.....fair and objectively Eli is the 7th best QB in the league. His football IQ is off the charts too.

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

He had a good game yesterday. If Rivers is elite then Eli is definately Elite as well. Brady is a bum. All he does is through to Welker on short slants and his TE's. Can't hit a WR deep unless it's Moss. Not alot of talent there.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
    He had a good game yesterday. If Rivers is elite then Eli is definately Elite as well. Brady is a bum. All he does is through to Welker on short slants and his TE's. Can't hit a WR deep unless it's Moss. Not alot of talent there.

Rawk-
    Rawk-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    No ring for Schaub, Vick and Rivers, they don't know how to get it done yet, so sorry Eli already goes ahead of the list. Eli can be a QB that you can rely on when you are down. There's no denying that. Eli is more clutch then Peyton. But as a NY fan I won't say he's elite yet..
    By ur reasoning Trent Dilfer was a better QB then those guys as well.. gtfo

First 1234 Last