InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

An undefeated Boise would be ranked higher on the BCS Standings than Alabama. And like I have said several times, I agree that LSU and Bama are the two best teams in the country BUT there is no was a team that did not win its conference (Bama) should play for a national title.
    How do you know Boise would be ranked higher?

tcpugh5
    Vols Bitch Crew
    tcpugh5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    oregon scored like 20 something i think, and even west virginia scored around that much. a team that can't score against LSU doesn't not deserve another chance.
    Lsu also put 40+ on both those teams... Its not that LSU can't score or that Bama can't score.. they just cant score against each other.

Offensive Juggernauts they are not..

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

An undefeated Boise would be ranked higher on the BCS Standings than Alabama. And like I have said several times, I agree that LSU and Bama are the two best teams in the country BUT there is no was a team that did not win its conference (Bama) should play for a national title.
    Nah herby just said Alabama will be higher tomorrow than Boise. Don't think it's fair though but nobody's opinion Here means anything

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Not sure what he's talking about either..Boise should be ranked higher i think but if Alabama wins out there's no chance.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Nah I dont think so......Computers will like Bama more, and I think a lot of poll guys will want the rematch (and rightfully so)......Its a damn joke if Boise gets in
    I disagree, I think Boise would be the MOST interesting matchup, definitely the most intriguing and probably the closest game (albeit LSU still wins by double-digits).

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I said BCS Standings, which is all numbers. Human polls may have Bama higher, but that is not as important. Besides, one thing nobody has mentioned is what is the point of even having conferences if there is a rematch? This is not unlike pro sports where the two best teams in the league are in the same conference and only one could go to championship.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise doesn't have to play a single top team, they should never get in.
    Sucks for them, but it'd be a joke.

If Stanford beats the Ducks, there is no way they don't get in.
    I think Okst. loses 1 game.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I said BCS Standings, which is all numbers. Human polls may have Bama higher, but that is not as important. Besides, one thing nobody has mentioned is what is the point of even having conferences if there is a rematch? This is not unlike pro sports where the two best teams in the league are in the same conference and only one could go to championship.
    It's happened in college basketball which is the best playoffs in all of sports so I'm okay with it happening in football too. It's not like it's an annual thing. Though I could see the rest of the country bitching about it and in fear that the sec will take over every year....which should happen anyway...

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Boise doesn't have to play a single top team, they should never get in.
    Sucks for them, but it'd be a joke.

If Stanford beats the Ducks, there is no way they don't get in.
    I think Okst. loses 1 game.
    If ok state beats ou and Stanford beats Oregon who gets in? That will be the question. Neither team is good enough to beat lsu though IMO.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The whole BCS system is a fukkup anyway so I would prefer to see the 2 best teams in the country duke it out.....whether they are in the same conference or not

The computers are only 1/3 of the BCS, and many guys that make the polls have said that in a very close game, they would still rank the loser (Bama) to play in the BCS title game.....The polls count as a big piece of the BCS system pal

I don't think Boise gets in over Bama

It's either Stanford, OKST or Bama

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This isn't 1967. Fukk watching a 9-6 defensive snoozefest.

caseyman011

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    If ok state beats ou and Stanford beats Oregon who gets in? That will be the question. Neither team is good enough to beat lsu though IMO.
    OSU is far enough ahead of Stanford that OSU will get in. If they both win out, both teams' big remaining victories (OU/UO) will basically cancel each other out.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by caseyman011 View Post
    I love these defensive games. So rare now in college because of the spread offense.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by caseyman011 View Post
    That was a great game to me.....I'm not one of those guys that likes only one or the other......any close game with 2 good teams in a defensive battle, normal scoring, or shootout can be exciting as hell to me

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Bama fuckin choked . they start OT on the 25 and end up kicking the FG from the 35 yard line or so.... assholes choked at home

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    If OSU wins out, 7 of their 11 wins would have been against teams that were ranked in the top 25 at some point this season. 3 of those teams having been ranked in the top 10. No question that OSU would deserve the bid over Stanford.
    Last edited by Romocide; 11-06-11 at 01:04 AM.

caseyman011

My contention is that both teams basically came into the game thinking, 'this is gonna be a defensive struggle,' and they didn't do anything to try and buck that thought or do a change of pace. They were running vanilla offenses that played into the hands of the amazing defenses. There is no way that Alabama, at home, shouldn't have been able to put up more than 6 points in 4 quarters and a round of OT.

LT Profits

The whole BCS system is a fukkup anyway so I would prefer to see the 2 best teams in the country duke it out.....whether they are in the same conference or not

The computers are only 1/3 of the BCS, and many guys that make the polls have said that in a very close game, they would still rank the loser (Bama) to play in the BCS title game.....The polls count as a big piece of the BCS system pal

I don't think Boise gets in over Bama

It's either Stanford, OKST or Bama
    A couple of things. First, I actually think it will be LSU vs. Stanford because I think Cardinal win out and Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma. The case I was making for Boise is ONLY if they win out and other two lose a game, Which brings me to my next point: Even if final BCS Standings in that scenario have 1- LSU, 2 - Alabama, 3 - Boise, doesn't the BCS Committee still pick the matchups? And if I were on committee, I would not schedule a rematch.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

A couple of things. First, I actually think it will be LSU vs. Stanford because I think Cardinal win out and Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma. The case I was making for Boise is ONLY if they win out and other two lose a game, Which brings me to my next point: Even if final BCS Standings in that scenario have 1- LSU, 2 - Alabama, 3 - Boise, doesn't the BCS Committee still pick the matchups? And if I were on committee, I would not schedule a rematch.
    No they don't pick it....the final bcs standings are what determines the matchup (which are made up of computer polls based off of schedule and things like that as well as the human polls)

Boise state will not go ahead of Bama, mark my words

And I think Oregon beats Stanford, but OKST beats Oklahoma and plays LSU

LT Profits

No they don't pick it....the final bcs standings are what determines the matchup (which are made up of computer polls based off of schedule and things like that as well as the human polls)

Boise state will not go ahead of Bama, mark my words

And I think Oregon beats Stanford, but OKST beats Oklahoma and plays LSU
    Come to think of it, I think I am now remembering that BCS Top 2 is automatically the NCG and committee chooses other matcups from BCS Top 12? Or something like that? You see, I am a bettor that can handicap games, but have less knowledge about the intricacies of selecting the matchups.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Come to think of it, I think I am now remembering that BCS Top 2 is automatically the NCG and committee chooses other matcups from BCS Top 12? Or something like that? You see, I am a bettor that can handicap games, but have less knowledge about the intricacies of selecting the matchups.
    Haha, that's right.....They pick the other matchups, and I don't see how Boise jumps Bama......Human polls will have Bama over Boise IMO and computer rankings must have Bama as the better team

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

LSU=Baltimore with Trent Dilfer winning super bowl.

BAMA=Baltimore with overrated Flacco at QB, or Jets with Sanchez.

How can the 2 best teams not have a competent QB between them.

I'll take Luck Weeden or Moore vs. LSU over a rematch every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Some of you guys still miss the point....LSU won national titles this decade with two QB's I can't even name now, and Alabama won with McElroy. They don't need Andrew Luck or Cam Newton because they both have about 10 defensive starters that will be in the NFL. Defense wins championships.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!

as always i will be rooting for a bcs clusterfxck

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

would of liked to see some points..

seemed like it was more alabama beating themselves,

awful play calling inside the 30 yard line everytime.. how does a top program not have a capable fg kicker?

greatest game of the season?

all you had to do was flip the channel, and put on ok state and kansas state.

that was a great game back and forth sea-saw battle

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    as always i will be rooting for a bcs clusterfxck
    i hope lsu loses to arkansas,

ok state to oklahoma,

stanford to oregon,

that would be chaos

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Bans had it's chance. Should definitely be in championship game if lsu loses though. But lsu will hold the head to head this season no matter what happens from here on.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    i hope lsu loses to arkansas, ok state to oklahoma, stanford to oregon, that would be chaos
    if this is the case, then Bama would get in because they would have the "best" loss.

probably against Boise St

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

OKST stands a good chance to be undefeated since OU Broyler is out for the season.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post

if this is the case, then Bama would get in because they would have the "best" loss.

probably against Boise St
    Bama won't get in over a one loss LSU because LSU will have won the sec championship as they now hold the tiebreaker vs Bama

Maybe LSU will lose to arky AND Georgia

LSU ain't losing to anyone

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Stanford, Oklahoma State, or Boise State would kick the caca out of either Alabama or LSU. The SEC is way over hyped. Right now, Arkansas and Georgia look as good as anyone else in the SEC. I would love to see either Arkansas or Georgia defeat LSU, and put an end to all of this SEC nonsense. Those were the two worst offenses that I have seen this season on a Nationally Televised game. Anyone who wants a rematch of thoose two teams is either an SEC homer or crazy.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Stanford, Oklahoma State, or Boise State would kick the caca out of either Alabama or LSU. The SEC is way over hyped. Right now, Arkansas and Georgia look as good as anyone else in the SEC. I would love to see either Arkansas or Georgia defeat LSU, and put an end to all of this SEC nonsense. Those were the two worst offenses that I have seen this season on a Nationally Televised game. Anyone who wants a rematch of thoose two teams is either an SEC homer or crazy.
    And that's why LSU and Alabama are still 1-2 on Sagarin Ratings, meaning that they would be favored over any other team on the country on a neutral field? The offenses aren't horrendous, it is the defenses that are tremendous. No, the SEC is not nearly as deep as it was a couple of years ago, but it STILL has the two best teams in the country. It seems you have a deep bias against the conference.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

i WOULD NEVER WANT TO SEE THEM PLAY AGAIN. PLEASE I WAS WATCHING WITH 5 GUYS AND ALL SAID SAME THING "BORING".

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

To thunder gulch: McElroy was the perfect college version of a veteran QB who manages the game and doesn't lose it for the defense. McCarron and Lee both shit the bed as soon as the spotlights came on. Jefferson didn't look bad, but he didn't make any plays either. Bama clearly didn't gameplan against the option enough.

Oh, and Matt FLYNN, QB of LSU's 2007 championship team is Aaron Rodgers' backup and will be given the chance to start somewhere next year.

You know what I honestly think happens at some of these SEC schools? They don't develop their quarterbacks correctly because they never expect them to go out and win the game. They expect their superior athletes at the skill positions and defense to make the plays.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

LSU would kill Oklahoma State by 20 plus. They would lose to Stanford IMO. That's the game I want to see. Think they'd be -7.5 to -9 over Stanford.

First 123 Last