Daveo
    Daveo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laouchere "Labby" system on sports betting

I'm new to the idea of a "Labby" system. I've read up on it, and I understand the basic principle. My question is, how do you decide how long your labby line is, and how do you choose the numbers in your labby? I'm looking at this from a sports betting perspective.

A labby line could be anything from 10-10-10-10, or 10-10-10-10-10-10, or 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1, etc. What is the best way to set-up a labby line?

Also, I generally believe that you can't get something for nothing. It seems too good to be true that using a labby line has zero drawbacks. Would you agree that in reality, a labby line increases your odds of winning, but there is a downside as well? What is the downside?

And how is a labby system better than simply betting 2% of your bankroll each bet?

Thanks to anyone you can help!

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

And how is a labby system better than simply betting 2% of your bankroll each bet?

It's not

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I use the Labby system when I'm ordering pizza's

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

downside is if you go on a losing streak your bets will continue to increase if you do not readjust your line. If you have to readjust your line then it will take much longer for you to recoup your original bet.

Daveo
    Daveo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's say over the course of one sports season, you placed a total of 200 bets. You're using a labby system, so your wagers are variable based on the labby. Let's say if you added up all the wagers in that season, the total wagered was $8000. This means that the average wager was $8000 / 200 bets = $40 per bet.

Now, if you were to go back into that same season and start over again and simply wager $40 per bet instead of running a labby line, shouldn't the end result (your profit / loss) be almost the same as when you used the labby? There would be some differences depending on good or bad streaks, but if you average it out over an entire season, shouldn't the end result be very similar, considering that the average amount wagered per bet ($40) is the same?

1wq23re4
    1wq23re4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Let's say over the course of one sports season, you placed a total of 200 bets. You're using a labby system, so your wagers are variable based on the labby. Let's say if you added up all the wagers in that season, the total wagered was $8000. This means that the average wager was $8000 / 200 bets = $40 per bet.

Now, if you were to go back into that same season and start over again and simply wager $40 per bet instead of running a labby line, shouldn't the end result (your profit / loss) be almost the same as when you used the labby? There would be some differences depending on good or bad streaks, but if you average it out over an entire season, shouldn't the end result be very similar, considering that the average amount wagered per bet ($40) is the same?
    ^^^^^^^^