Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Curious, do any of you seek out posters' picks specifically to fade them?

Just curious.

I can see tailing picks, but specifically going the opposite way of someone just seems weird to me.

I don't do either, I do all my own capping, but I know we have some creative folks in here, employing many strategies!

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I always look for any thread containing the words "RUBBERBAND" "LOCK" "GUARANTEED" "FIX ALERT" "CANT LOSE" or my personal favorite......"POUND POUND POUND". I fade these plays without hesitation and consistently hit 75%-80% on fade plays. This place is a gold mine. I rarely look to tail anyone here with the exception of one or two specific posters and only in their specific sports.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Sometimes its easier to find consistent losers than it is to find consistent winners.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Does a bear shit in the woods?

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    does a bear shit in the woods?

bingo

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    bingo

Impressive you even know the Bears name

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Does a bear shit in the woods?
    Yeah I'm just not seeing this strategy. Bad karma or something. Plus, when you lose, don't you feel even worse? Like look at the dumb reason you just lost money?

It's like playing the don't at the craps table. Everyone's all happy when a point gets made, and not only are you pissed you lost but you're pissed at the roller and everyone else who's celebrating. Just a low, bad place to be.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

There's a thread started on another forum where a member who runs a book posts the biggest action he's taking and then fades it.

Disturbing how much money he has made doing this.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

23-1 Since fading Brock.... Guy is like an ATM

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

There is a consensus feature in the Beat The prick contest so you can see which game the public is ganging up on. Course, this year the players are ahead so it hasn't been a great fade tool up to this point.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Yeah I'm just not seeing this strategy. Bad karma or something. Plus, when you lose, don't you feel even worse? Like look at the dumb reason you just lost money?

It's like playing the don't at the craps table. Everyone's all happy when a point gets made, and not only are you pissed you lost but you're pissed at the roller and everyone else who's celebrating. Just a low, bad place to be.
    Perhaps if you are weak minded. I always play the don't lines at the crap tables. Find a table where there isn't any cheering, people have glum faces, and few chips in their racks. Nothing like loading up the odds against big and little joe.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes there are a few posters I do fade here. Usually they ones who post their plays in players talk with titles that are written to attract attention

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rubber band boy a auto fade...

besides that not really. although last week after reading the forum one night and seeing every asshole on the Lions as the lock of the century i somehow talked myself from fading Teblow into fading all of them,bad move obviously...sometimes the forum is bad for me, i read enough ppl that know jack shit liking a side i like and all a sudden i get sick thinking "how the fukk can i be on the same side as this dipshit?", throws me all off..

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Rubber band boy a auto fade...

besides that not really. although last week after reading the forum one night and seeing every asshole on the Lions as the lock of the century i somehow talked myself from fading Teblow into fading all of them,bad move obviously...sometimes the forum is bad for me, i read enough ppl that know jack shit liking a side i like and all a sudden i get sick thinking "how the fukk can i be on the same side as this dipshit?", throws me all off..
    See that's the flaw in logic with this system that I'm talking about. Just because some idiot happens to be on a certain side, that doesn't mean it will lose. And it's ESPECIALLY crazy to fade when you're fading the side you liked!!

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Dont necessarily seek them out.

But if I have a bet on a team and see a moron creating a thread about them I assume its a loss.
    Always fun to go into threads when someone is all out for a pick and when the game is over reading through the comments of just how wrong they were about the game.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

The forum as a whole is a great tool for judging public sentiment. For instance just before the World Series there was thread after thread declaring the inevitability of the Rangers winning. Further, there were threads declaring the Rangers line-up the best in history. With this likely indicative of a ton of ill-informed money coming in on one side one must conclude that there is value on the other side.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

See that's the flaw in logic with this system that I'm talking about. Just because some idiot happens to be on a certain side, that doesn't mean it will lose. And it's ESPECIALLY crazy to fade when you're fading the side you liked!!

tell me about it...wouldnt normally do such things but all that damn talk about how easy it was had me fukked up (turns out they were right)...normally dont let it mess with me like that, what can i say? shit happens..

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Bump for the Saturday morning crowd...

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Morning, Capster!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I blow with my BTP picks this season.

LSU
    Georgia
    UK
    Arkansas

Fade the shit out of them.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Good Morning, Capster!
    Hello there, Shortstuff... Sorry, I've started 0-1 for us in the THC. We need to keep out momentum going!

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello there, Shortstuff... Sorry, I've started 0-1 for us in the THC. We need to keep out momentum going!
    Captain, I'm currently #2 in the overall standings, come join me at the top! It's lonely up here!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Captain, I'm currently #2 in the overall standings, come join me at the top! It's lonely up here!
    Texas and NC State looking golden, I'm comin' to join ya Shorty!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I look at guys picks but rarely fade anyone
    once in a while if a guy make a good point I will ride him

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    once in a while if a guy make a good point I will ride him

JJ likes riding guys who make good points.