Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Bubba Smith, death caused by OD from diet Pills...

"Smith's Aug. 3 death listed "acute phentermine intoxication" as the first cause of death. Phentermine is a drug used to speed weight loss by suppressing appetite."

Damn this sucks...

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

He also had heart disease, an enlarged heart and up to 75 percent blockage of some blood vessels.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

like usual quite sad that prescription medication creates more problems than it solves

remember phen-phen?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

I'm totally against diet pills ever since I tried some about 5 years ago, and had some serious heart palpitations. Threw that $23 bottle away, and never tried anything like that again.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

prescription drugs are fine when taken like they're supposed to be taken. Weight loss pills are a fuzzy category and I don't see why Bubba would take them at his advanced age. He knows how to lose weight. He was an athlete. Still sad and unnecessary to end like this.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    prescription drugs are fine when taken like they're supposed to be taken. Weight loss pills are a fuzzy category and I don't see why Bubba would take them at his advanced age. He knows how to lose weight. He was an athlete. Still sad and unnecessary to end like this.
    I agree. You would think that as well off as he was, he would have been checked out by a physician regularly, and the enlarged heart and blockage would have been noticed. Its sad because he was a damn good man.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Just because he was an athlete doesn't mean he knew how to lose weight...or more importantly COULD lose weight.

Weight loss pills may have been a regular part of his playing days too.

Sad.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Male posters over the age of 35 should get their Blood pressure checked and if they have a family history of heart problems should get their blood tested for cholestorol levels. Many hospitals hold health fairs to get the blood tests done cheaply. Dont wait till you have a heart attack.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC