Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I come from a long, line of devout Mormons, pal. I know I've already said this before, but Brigham was like my 5X Grandfather. I have a family tree printed out showing this, which is kind of cool. Unfortunately, he had like 100's of grandkids.....so me & my PeePaw Brig weren't all that close.
    Any relation to Steve Young? He's in that tree somewhere. I can emphasize with all the grandkids. Mormon families traditionally are pretty large. My parents had 6 kids.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

All the popular High School kids in my school are now in three subject.

1) Jailed/Dead
    2) Community College
    3) Working

The one that I see that will make a chance out of my graduating class were those kids who were in alot of academic clubs. High School was very easy for me. I knew everyone and the staff, and got away with alot of things. Now I'm in community college, it a awakening for me, sort of.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Any relation to Steve Young? He's in that tree somewhere. I can emphasize with all the grandkids. Mormon families traditionally are pretty large. My parents had 6 kids.
    I call him Cousin Steve......just like, 38 times removed.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    Do you agree with this? Are you a very similar person NOW, to then I hope not. All I did was drink, smoke, get laid, repeat... Somehow I doubt Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Woody Allen did these things. Do you guys think successful entrepreneurs spent their time doing these things? Boys, I'm still doing the same thing and I'm not rich like the men described above. How do we get off this track? SBR is the #1 source of advice if only ttaylor was here. He could set me straight.
    Sean John Combs (born November 4, 1969[1]), also known by his stage names Diddy and P. Diddy, is an American rapper, singer, record producer, actor, and entrepreneur. In 2011 Forbes estimated his net worth at $500 million, making him the richest figure in hip hop.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

No need for comments like this ngates. How do I become a company man, like you? I want real job security.

Sorry pal...sometimes the truth does hurt.

Have fun partying.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I call him Cousin Steve......just like, 38 times removed.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't get laid...not much has changed

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

alot of the popular people at my high school (including some of my old friends) are also either druggies, alcoholics or unemployed with barely any qaulifications to get the simplest jobs. These people tend to peek at high school where they had they had high elite status but when they go out into the real world they realise that alot of them arent so special at all.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I grew up with,went to school with and have known a guy all my life that became a CEO of a company.We were best friends and went all over together.Grant you,it's not a Fortune 500 company he runs but it's a substantial company listed on NASDAQ.The guy came from a humble background where his dad owned the ma and pa grocery store in town.He was sort of competing with 3 other grocers as to who the sausage making king in town.The family had started the store a number of generations back so they were a prominent family.This guy I know had parents that got involved in all the town's civic events and were mainstays in church.He had a brother and sister and his sister was a knockout who only went out with rich peoples banker sons.The parents had great expectations from their kids and pushed them to further themselves.

Through it all,this guy I knew was a neat guy that liked having a fun time I saw shoplifting lots of 8 track tapes,would get drunk and all that stuff.Of course he hid it from his parents.In school he was pretty average but managed to get on the A or B honor roll usually by taking basic courses.He had a knack for portraying himself as being smarter than he actually was.He was a great salesman and self promoter where other kids with more potential would downplay their abilities and achievements.He went out for football and wasn't the most gifted athletic guy.He kicked ok besides playing on the offensive or defensive line filling in all the time for someone hurt.He was an ok golfer.Living up in the boonies you realized never to take sports too serious because after high school you were just going to play beer league softball and recreational golf.Hell,this guy took it seriously where he went to pro kickers camp,golf camp.etc.buying all the best equipment.

The guy scmoozed steady and networked trying to meet kids of politicians.etc.I read Dick Cheney's biography and this guy mirrored him.Cheney was a basic sort of good timing drunk getting DUI's even but he schmoozed and networked.Cheney was of very average intelligence and so was my friend.You just keep status climbing meeting the right people and you go places.If you had more fun with the guys you grew up with but they can't further you in life,you stop hanging around with them as much.

You have to be driven where you have alot of confidence in yourself even if you know you are pretty common.Most people that know they are of averageness are pretty humble and know their place in society.So that's my take on what I saw in one individual that succeeded not really through hard work but being persistent about making sure he gouged his way up the ladder.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FuzzyDunlop

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Do you agree with this? Are you a very similar person NOW, to then

I hope not. All I did was drink, smoke, get laid, repeat...

Somehow I doubt Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Woody Allen did these things.

Do you guys think successful entrepreneurs spent their time doing these things?

Boys, I'm still doing the same thing and I'm not rich like the men described above.

How do we get off this track? SBR is the #1 source of advice

if only ttaylor was here. He could set me straight.
    How about Hugh Hefner, what do you think he was doing?

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    How about Hugh Hefner, what do you think he was doing?
    Hefner's net worth never really even eclipsed 100 million, and hes pretty much broke now.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Hefner's net worth never really even eclipsed 100 million, and hes pretty much broke now.
    What a ride, though.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

If you have confidence in yourself and say to yourself that you know you can do it, then ask yourself WHY you know you can do it and can honestly answer satisfactorily, then you can , and if you try, you will.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    I grew up with,went to school with and have known a guy all my life that became a CEO of a company.We were best friends and went all over together.Grant you,it's not a Fortune 500 company he runs but it's a substantial company listed on NASDAQ.The guy came from a humble background where his dad owned the ma and pa grocery store in town.He was sort of competing with 3 other grocers as to who the sausage making king in town.The family had started the store a number of generations back so they were a prominent family.This guy I know had parents that got involved in all the town's civic events and were mainstays in church.He had a brother and sister and his sister was a knockout who only went out with rich peoples banker sons.The parents had great expectations from their kids and pushed them to further themselves.

Through it all,this guy I knew was a neat guy that liked having a fun time I saw shoplifting lots of 8 track tapes,would get drunk and all that stuff.Of course he hid it from his parents.In school he was pretty average but managed to get on the A or B honor roll usually by taking basic courses.He had a knack for portraying himself as being smarter than he actually was.He was a great salesman and self promoter where other kids with more potential would downplay their abilities and achievements.He went out for football and wasn't the most gifted athletic guy.He kicked ok besides playing on the offensive or defensive line filling in all the time for someone hurt.He was an ok golfer.Living up in the boonies you realized never to take sports too serious because after high school you were just going to play beer league softball and recreational golf.Hell,this guy took it seriously where he went to pro kickers camp,golf camp.etc.buying all the best equipment.

The guy scmoozed steady and networked trying to meet kids of politicians.etc.I read Dick Cheney's biography and this guy mirrored him.Cheney was a basic sort of good timing drunk getting DUI's even but he schmoozed and networked.Cheney was of very average intelligence and so was my friend.You just keep status climbing meeting the right people and you go places.If you had more fun with the guys you grew up with but they can't further you in life,you stop hanging around with them as much.

You have to be driven where you have alot of confidence in yourself even if you know you are pretty common.Most people that know they are of averageness are pretty humble and know their place in society.So that's my take on what I saw in one individual that succeeded not really through hard work but being persistent about making sure he gouged his way up the ladder.
    Quality post here by BRENT CRUDE. Guys a f_uckin legend.

First 12