Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

My Diet Starts Today

Got chewed out by my doctor for missing appointments. To make sure I didn't cancel anymore, my wife decided to accompany me. There's no way out now. 2000 calories/day and 50-75 grams of carbs/day. 5 medications. Triglycerides at 244 and good cholesterol is at 25. Oh yeah, have to get down to 235 (at 342 now). This is not going to be pretty. I pity everybody that I work with if they catch me on a bad day.

DoubleD87
    DoubleD87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Do you have a plan on how you are going to accomplish this? Are you going to track your food? If you dont have a set plan I would suggest taking a look at leangains.com. Its made going on a calorie deficit much easier and more convenient than eating 5-7 smaller meals a day. Not trying to sell anything the site is 100% free, I just know from experience what has worked and not worked for me. If you have any questions about it let me know.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buy some jerky. It will get you through rough patches.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Good luck pal. I know diets are a bitch, especially during football season.

Best of luck.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

GL KLC! It will be worth it.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

how do you expect your body to run on gasoline when it takes diesel?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Walk, walk, walk, walk, and then walk some more. Drink water, and then continue walking.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Good luck to ya man. Losing weight is a hard thing to do.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

This is why most people fail their diets.... 75 carbs is way too little for someone starting a different lifestyle......Im very disciplined in my food consumption and 75 carbs is hard for me, i can just imagine a guy thats overweight........stick to 200-250complex carbs( most of it in the morning, lunch) after 5pm(no carbs)....... And do cardio first thing in the morning with a empty stomach(except for black coffee,green tea)...

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7584

KLC you fat fuk 342 wtf???? atleast im only 341 LOL. i just started the atkins today and i will be doing a fitness programme called P90X it looks ok they want $99 online for it, but good old torrents got it @ $0 lol.

235 is your target? how tall are you. im 6'1 and i reckon 210 is my goal

i hope you all the best bro .

lightweight
    lightweight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1064

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Walk, walk, walk, walk, and then walk some more. Drink water, and then continue walking.
    This.

If you really want to drop the weight, you must dedicate time to working out and moving your body. Wake up early and go for a 45 min walk; go for another hour after dinner. Don't treat it like a casual stroll either. Walk like you're trying to get someplace on time.

Without increased exercise, on a reduced calorie diet, your body will resist giving up the extra fat you've got stored away. More water and walking, eliminate soda, reduce alcohol, and you can eat whatever you want within reason.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I've always done some exercise. I walk at least 1 1/2 miles a day, and do my exercise bike often on when I'm watching NHL. The problem is that my intake of food has been too much for the exercise to work. For the gentleman that asked, I'm 6' 1" also. I'm assuming when I get to 235, that I'm probably going to want to go lower. The reason I picked that number is because that was my weight when I got married 21 years ago. I've been as thin as 179. Thanks for the encouragement guys. This is going to get done. I have a head strong doctor, and I brought my wife in with me on purpose so I have no where to hide. Adversity introduces a man to himself.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Good luck Mr KLC don't turn into Mr KFC

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Good luck Mr KLC don't turn into Mr KFC

KFC was my last meal before today. I'm looking at that type of food in my rear view mirror now.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

To put what little reputation I have here at stake, I'll go ahead and put the "before" picture up. You can make all the fat jokes you want to. I'm 43, and I've heard them all. This is from Halloween. I'm the Blues Brother on the left.

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    To put what little reputation I have here at stake, I'll go ahead and put the "before" picture up. You can make all the fat jokes you want to. I'm 43, and I've heard them all. This is from Halloween. I'm the Blues Brother on the left.
    Ya um I don't think you had to tell us you're the one on the left.

GL with the diet...no sarcasm

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

who is the chick behind you supposed to be dressed as? or does she always wear knee high boots?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    who is the chick behind you supposed to be dressed as? or does she always wear knee high boots?
    Our Halloween was an 80's theme this year.

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7584

" the man that conquers himself is superior to the one who conquers a thousand men in battle " buddha

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL man

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This, and you can eat like a normal person, just got back from a 2.5 mile walk right now.

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

there are plenty of ways to lose weight. like the MAYAN stated is one sure fire way of losing weight. however his input is surely attributed to his bodybuilding life style.

I eat 2 meals a day 1 at noon and the other at 7pm. the meals are both around 1000 cal each and im losing weight. yes you read it right i dont eat for 16 hours straight every day. its amazing what the body can get used to. im not hungry at all until after i hit the gym at 11am

stay hydrated and keep your calories out more than your calories in all a beginner needs to know

about a 500cal deficient is perfect

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

I'm on a seafood diet myself.....I eat everything I see

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Egg white and turkey bacon sandwich on wheat for breakfast this morning. Does anybody have any low calorie dish suggestions that include meat?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Egg white and turkey bacon sandwich on wheat for breakfast this morning. Does anybody have any low calorie dish suggestions that include meat?
    Tuna Fish, I eat the canned Starkist version, and add relish and honey mustard. 50 calories, and 13grams of protein. Its quick, and easy to fix.

Boneless/skinless Chicken Breast. This can be a great addition to any meal. Like broccoli, and rice myself.

Almost any fish, but its expensive. I use to cook Wild Alaskan Salmon every Saturday, but it cost me $40 for one fish. Not affordable, since I only make $25 an hour.

Eat lots of veggies. I know it sounds bland, but you can add seasonings. Also there are so many different types of veggies that you can mix. Fresh fruits are essential also. Great snacks.

Even with all of those options, I usually eat canned tuna fish sandwiches frequently. It is filling, and slimming when used in conjunction with a workout plan.

Drink water, and walk for @least 30 minutes a day. Do not eat directly B4 going to sleep either.

Get rid of your scale, and do not stare in the mirror. The proces is gradual, and not to be tracked daily. Do it once a month, but gain new habits slowly.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Tuna Fish, I eat the canned Starkist version, and add relish and honey mustard. 50 calories, and 13grams of protein. Its quick, and easy to fix.

Boneless/skinless Chicken Breast. This can be a great addition to any meal. Like broccoli, and rice myself.

Almost any fish, but its expensive. I use to cook Wild Alaskan Salmon every Saturday, but it cost me $40 for one fish. Not affordable, since I only make $25 an hour.

Eat lots of veggies. I know it sounds bland, but you can add seasonings. Also there are so many different types of veggies that you can mix. Fresh fruits are essential also. Great snacks.

Even with all of those options, I usually eat canned tuna fish sandwiches frequently. It is filling, and slimming when used in conjunction with a workout plan.

Drink water, and walk for @least 30 minutes a day. Do not eat directly B4 going to sleep either.

Get rid of your scale, and do not stare in the mirror. The proces is gradual, and not to be tracked daily. Do it once a month, but gain new habits slowly.
    Points noted. Thanks for the info.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Solid White Albacore is the best canned tuna

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Eat good you can do WW it will get you there over a good period of time its not going to happen in a week think more like 2 years it took me 2 years to go from 280 to 205
    Hang in there once you hit your goal its great

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Heres a good snack
    Get no fat cool whip and low fat graham crackers put the cool whip between 2 grahams wrap it and freeze it....you have a 2 pt Ice Cream sandwich also freeze grapes they are good that way.
    If you use chop meat use the 96/4 97/3 if its there it cost more but what a difference in calories.
    Eat a lot of oatmeal in the morning it kills hunger
    GL to you

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh Yeah Cardio Cardio Cardio

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Get up look at your gut in the morning in front of a mirror and know that no women wants that thing pounding away on top of here its hanging like a sack of shat thats not attractive...unless your a red neck

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what do you do? that office looks very similar to one on the movie office space. nice halloween costume

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

my advice for being healthy is if you are going to drink alcohol stick to wine for the time being. I forget which MLB team it was but they told David Wells to go on a diet. All he did was switch from beer to wine and he got in good shape.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Heres a good snack
    Get no fat cool whip and low fat graham crackers put the cool whip between 2 grahams wrap it and freeze it....you have a 2 pt Ice Cream sandwich also freeze grapes they are good that way.
    If you use chop meat use the 96/4 97/3 if its there it cost more but what a difference in calories.
    Eat a lot of oatmeal in the morning it kills hunger
    GL to you
    That graham cracker thing sounds really good. I'm going to give it a try.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what do you do? that office looks very similar to one on the movie office space. nice halloween costume
    Thanks. I am a supervisor for a bill collector agency. We collect on defaulted student loans.

12 Last