face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

cassel playing better than rivers lately. i don't know. might save money for rainy day.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs will probably need some magic this time like last year to beat the Chiefs... a couple of defensive or special team scores... they might get it, b/c San Diego gives those up the most it seems, but they won't win without those fluke plays

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Damn laker boy, you are on S.D, with the public. Wows.

I have been saying I love K.C all week, Kc ATHOME, that is key for me. Arrowhead is a pretty tough place to get a win at esp. a rivarly division game like this. KC will be playing out of their mind tonight being on MNF, their first one it seems like in years and years and years.
    I might put some on the ML and the +3. Or tease the under with +3.
    But I am really confident in KC tonight. They have been playing really good the last few weeks, and San Diego has struggled @ kc. San Diego in general is struggling this season, esp. their star QB Rivers.

The under is a good play tonight too IMO. Its going to be a hard fought game, with more FGs then TD's
    What are you talking about? These same 2 teams played week 1 last year on mnf neverstoppers23

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

i'm on Chargers also, good luck my man.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

NFL Preview - San Diego (4-2) at Kansas City (3-3)

By Scott Garbarini, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) - For the perfect case study in how a team's fortunes can drastically turn over a portion of an NFL season, look no further than the Kansas City Chiefs.

The defending AFC West champions were presumed to be dead and buried after a tough loss to the San Diego Chargers in late September left them still without a victory three games into this 2011 campaign. Just over a month later, the resurgent Chiefs find themselves with a chance to grab a share of first place in the division when they host the rival Chargers in a pivotal Monday night matchup from Arrowhead Stadium.

The outlook had indeed looked hopeless for Kansas City following deflating season-opening setbacks to Buffalo and Detroit in which the team was not only outscored by an 89-10 margin, but lost two of its cornerstone contributors in All-Pro running back Jamaal Charles and standout young safety Eric Berry to year-ending ACL tears.

Though the Chiefs followed those pitiful results with a 20-17 defeat at San Diego in Week 3, their ability to compete with the talented Chargers on the road seemed to have a galvanizing effect. A revitalized Kansas City squad has gone on to win three straight contests since that loss and now sits only a game behind San Diego for the AFC West's top spot.

"I think that the San Diego game was a turning point for us as a team in guys getting their confidence back, swagger so to speak, and guys are out there now just having fun and making plays," said Chiefs cornerback Brandon Carr.

Kansas City made its share of plays -- particularly on the defensive end -- in its most recent triumph, coming up with six interceptions of Oakland's comical quarterback tandem of Kyle Boller and a just-acquired Carson Palmer en route to a 28-0 thumping of the Raiders last Sunday at the Oakland Coliseum. It was the Chiefs' first shutout on the road since 1973.

The Chargers would seem to represent a step up in competition in Kansas City's quest for its first four-game win streak since Dec. 5-25, 2004, however. The Chiefs' first two victims during the run -- Minnesota and Indianapolis -- are a combined 1-13 heading into this week's play, while the Raiders were playing for the first time without usual triggerman Jason Campbell under center.

San Diego's 4-2 mark has come against opponents with dubious credentials as well, with Kansas City the only team the Bolts have beaten that's presently without a losing mark. Penalties and turnovers have also plagued the Chargers throughout the course of the season, and their overall play hasn't usually been as impressive as their record and first-place standing indicates.

"You can look at that two ways," said quarterback Philip Rivers. "Obviously we're not playing as good as we can and we've won four games. Or, we'd better get it together or we're not going to get done what we want to get done."

San Diego's earlier ousting of the Chiefs began a string of three consecutive wins, but that sequence was stopped with a frustrating 27-21 loss to the New York Jets this past Sunday. The Chargers squandered an 11-point halftime lead that day, as the offense failed to score over the final two quarters and Rivers threw two costly interceptions in the last 11 minutes.

SERIES HISTORY

Kansas City holds a slight 51-50-1 edge in a regular-season series with San Diego that dates back to the teams' AFL days in 1960, when the Chiefs franchise was then known as the Dallas Texans and the Chargers resided in Los Angeles. With last month's above-mentioned result, San Diego has now won seven of the last eight bouts between the longtime foes, with Kansas City's lone victory over that stretch a 21-14 verdict at Arrowhead Stadium (also on a Monday night) in the 2010 season opener. The Chargers registered home-and-sweeps of the Chiefs in both 2008 and 2009 in addition to a 24-10 road decision in 2007.

In addition to their regular-season history, the teams have met once in the postseason, with the Chargers scoring a 17-0 home win over the Chiefs in a 1992 AFC First-Round Playoff.

The Chargers' Norv Turner owns a 7-7 lifetime record against the Chiefs as a head coach, but has won seven of nine tests with Kansas City since taking over in San Diego in 2007. Kansas City's Todd Haley is 1-4 against both Turner and the Chargers during his time with the Chiefs.

WHEN THE CHARGERS HAVE THE BALL

San Diego certainly has the components needed for a devastating aerial attack, possessing a three-time 4,000-yard passer in Rivers (1715 passing yards, 7 TD, 9 INT), two big and athletic wide receivers in the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Vincent Jackson (24 receptions, 423 yards, 3 TD) and similarly-sized Malcom Floyd (14 receptions, 1 TD) and a matchup nightmare in tight end Antonio Gates (13 receptions, 1 TD). But the normally-prudent Rivers has thrown more interceptions than touchdown passes in an uncharacteristically slow start and Gates has missed half the season due to a nagging foot injury, which both being contributing factors to the Chargers' modest scoring average of 23.5 points per game. Gates did return to haul in five passes for 54 yards and a touchdown against the Jets, but Floyd -- who's averaging a splendid 21 yards per catch -- injured his hip during the game and isn't expected to be available on Monday. Despite the turnover problems, San Diego still ranks eighth overall in total offense (391.5 ypg) and second in third-down conversions (55.4 percent) and sports a solid running game as well, with 2010 first-round pick Ryan Mathews (452 rushing yards, 3 TD, 24 receptions) and short-yardage demon Mike Tolbert (163 rushing yards, 28 receptions, 5 total TD) both capable at churning out yards on the ground as well as catching passes out of the backfield.

Though last week's domination of the disoriented Raiders may have skewed the numbers, the Chiefs entered the week seventh in the NFL in pass efficiency defense and third in interceptions (11), with steady cornerback Brandon Flowers (26 tackles, 4 INT, 11 PD) earning AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors after amassing two picks, three passes defensed and scoring a touchdown in the Oakland game. Free safety Kendrick Lewis (26 tackles, 2 INT) also returned an interception for a score in last Sunday's rout, and both he and Flowers had picks of Rivers when these teams squared off last month. Kansas City also owns a premier pass rusher in outside linebacker Tamba Hali (30 tackles, 4 sacks), the AFC's leader with 14 1/2 sacks last season, but has had a tough time finding a dependable complement to the converted end as well as stopping the run on occasion. The Chiefs have just six sacks on the year, the second-lowest total in the league, and have allowed over 150 rushing yards three times in their six games. The linebacker corps can still be viewed as a strength, as top tackler Derrick Johnson (44 tackles, 4 PD) is a quality all-around player and inside mate Jovan Belcher (33 tackles) a sound two-down plugger in run support.

WHEN THE CHIEFS HAVE THE BALL

Kansas City's improvement has coincided with considerably sharper play from quarterback Matt Cassel (1106 passing yards, 8 TD, 7 INT). After being picked off four times in the team's two lopsided losses to start the year, the onetime Tom Brady understudy has compiled a 7-to-3 touchdown-to-interception ratio over the last four games while displaying good accuracy and decision making, and he's been doing an admirable job getting the ball into the hands of playmaking wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (29 receptions, 496 yards, 4 TD) as well. The 2010 Pro Bowl honoree has accumulated over 100 receiving yards in two of his past three outings, while bringing a needed big-play element to an offense that's still just 30th overall in passing yards (173.7 ypg). Haley's been resourceful in the challenging assignment to find a suitable replacement for the game- breaking Charles, inserting the previously seldom-used Jackie Battle (232 rushing yards) into a featured role at running back and spelling the 238-pound bruiser with the shiftier Dexter McCluster (210 rushing yards, 19 receptions) and high-mileage veteran Thomas Jones (185 rushing yards). The rotation has served the Chiefs well, as the club averaging 166.5 rushing yards in the two games Battle has been the lead man.

The Chargers were able to keep Kansas City's ground game at bay in the first matchup, limiting their fellow division member to a meager 81 rushing yards on 27 attempts. San Diego hasn't been as effective in that department in recent weeks, though, as both Denver and the Jets ran for 162 yards in the Bolts' last two contests. Inside linebacker Donald Butler (41 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT) and end Vaughn Martin (15 tackles) were both factors in containing the Chiefs' backs in that September game, and they'll be counted on to do so again in this rematch. Turner also wasn't pleased with the play of his team's secondary in last Sunday's loss, and it seems cornerback Antoine Cason (21 tackles, 5 PD) will bear the brunt of his coach's displeasure. After getting beat for three touchdowns by the Jets' Plaxico Burress, the 2008 first-round pick will be reportedly benched in favor of youngster Marcus Gilchrist (11 tackles, 1 INT), with the rookie slotting opposite seasoned veteran Quentin Jammer (16 tackles) in the new arrangement. Like the Chiefs, San Diego hasn't been particularly good rushing the passer this year, and the Chargers just had to place second- leading sacker Larry English (7 tackles, 2 sacks) on injured reserve with a broken foot this week.

KEYS TO THE GAME

Minimizing mistakes. The Chargers are unquestionably the more talented of these two teams, but their recent penchant for turning the football over is troubling. They've been able to get away with those miscues against some of their other opponents, but may not be so fortunate against a Kansas City outfit that was incredibly opportunistic on defense a week ago and is starting to resemble the 2010 group that produced a plus-nine turnover ratio on the way to making the playoffs. The Chiefs have had just one giveaway in their last three clashes with San Diego, while the Chargers have committed five in that span.

The Chiefs have been at their toughest under Haley when they've been able to run the ball with authority. That wasn't the case in last month's showdown with San Diego, but the Chargers didn't have to deal with Battle, who's emerged as a competent chain-mover, in that outing. San Diego's had trouble defending the run as of late, and will need to shore things up to have its best chance of victory.

The home crowd. Kansas City is 8-2 in regular-season games at Arrowhead Stadium since the start of the 2010 campaign and has permitted 17 points or less in all but one of those wins. The venue has a reputation for being one of the loudest in the NFL and could give the Chiefs the extra edge they'll need in what should be a close contest.

OVERALL ANALYSIS

The Chiefs are a better team now than the one that took on the Chargers five weeks ago, and that one played the Bolts awfully tough on the road. San Diego also hasn't handled adversity all that well during the Turner era, and there will be some to deal with from an Arrowhead crowd that should be at its most raucous under the Monday night stage. If Rivers can get over his recent hiccups and the defense can play stout over an entire game, the Chargers should be able be come away with an important victory that would go a long way of solidifying their postseason hopes. An improved and inspired Kansas City team will be trying its best to make sure that doesn't happen.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Chiefs 24, Chargers 20

10/28 17:12:35 ET

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    whole forum is on the chiefs
    Not the whole forum. The Chargers are the better team and they know that if they lose tonight, the teams will be tied whereas a win goes a long way toward winning the division, as a win puts them basically three games up by virtue of season sweep.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

monday home dog theory is out the window (has been for years now), make sure that has nothing to do with you laying dough on the chiefs. good luck!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    What are you talking about? These same 2 teams played week 1 last year on mnf neverstoppers23
    yeah that is true but wasn't it the second MNF game. I guess that counts but its not like they have many teams to choose from. Its always teams from out west in the second MNF game.

besides that when was the last time they played a MNF game?

but as i said, these two teams will battle it out. Arrowhead will be rocking tonight. with S.D's struggles I don't know if they can pull it together tonight.

Just an interesting stat from covers trends, which are cool to look at, and give you some direction to way to base you bet, if you do more research as use it as a starting point.

Last 5 games, Kansas City has played vs an AFC west team. Under is 5-0. why is that, is the question that needs to be answered to make sure its just not some weird blip in the stats.

But I was liking the under already in this game because of KC's defense in the last few weeks and S.D's offense struggling just makes the under feel like the right bet here.
    Last edited by neverstoppers23; 10-31-11 at 01:38 PM.

sfniner415
    sfniner415's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clearly this is a difficult pick however you cannot say that KCs offense will roll on SDs defense...yea they seem to have found success and balance on offense these past three games but they have done it against Minn, Ind, and Oak...these teams arent the best and while SD has also struggled their offensive potential is more than all of those three teams combined...question is whether theyll show up...and about SD losing to NYJ....everone forgets that the jets have been in the last two AFC championships...they are a really good football team just have been inconcsistent, they have had a tough schedule and its tough to gain consistency when you are playing perennial defenses every week.

KC forced tunrovers last week from boller who is awful and palmer hasnt played in a while, not that impressive. I dont know who i will go with, all I see KC bringing to the table is confidence, momentum, home field advantage, and thats about it...their offense is decent at best. they will score on SD but SD has the potential to tear KCs defense apart...in rationalizing this it seems that SD should cover and win..maybe win by a TD

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

Good luck fellas

I am taking the Chiefs at home

KANSAS CITY +140

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

lakerboy. I agree with you on this one.. im leaning the bolts @my the half though. what are your thoughts?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I usually avoid games involving the Chargers. Norv Turner is a dumbass.

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

small play on chargers just for an interest

au4040
    au4040's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

kc. Ml.
    :d

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

KC is playing better while at times SD is in a fog. If I play this game it will be on KC small. I always lean to the home dog on MNF even though the trend died a decade ago or more.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just like we couldn't take the cardinals?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Lb,have you been keeping track of SquareVsSharp record on SN&MN FBall for the season? I think I heard you mention that the square side is winning the majority of em...............
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol house nice. I never bet oon the chargers. Sharps lose tonight
    LOL. The sharp player will try and find the winning side. Fading the public doesn't make KC the sharp side. Taking Denver because it went back to 3 with majority on lions didn't make Denver the sharp side. You can't just fade the public and expect to clean up. Sharp players are not taking KC tonight. Wanna-be sharp players are taking KC tonight.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

A true 50/50 game her can make good cases for both teams. With LB on this one will take the more talented team as slight road chalk.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

LOL. The sharp player will try and find the winning side. Fading the public doesn't make KC the sharp side. Taking Denver because it went back to 3 with majority on lions didn't make Denver the sharp side. You can't just fade the public and expect to clean up. Sharp players are not taking KC tonight. Wanna-be sharp players are taking KC tonight.
    You obviously do not know who is taking KC tonight if you believe this to be true.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

House wizard is right in some ways. The chiefs are being overvalued here. I bet late money will be on the chargers.
    The majority of late $$ is always square,Fact.......................

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i need chargers - 3 but worried since i rarely win anything

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    You obviously do not know who is taking KC tonight if you believe this to be true.
    Most of my family lives in SD and they are dropping thousands on this game. People putting a lot of money on KC tonight better have a good reason other than "lets fade the public and take the home dog on mnf"

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why do people keep bringing up this game as one where "sharps lost"? The Denver ML opened at +120 and closed at +160. There was never a reason to take the Broncos re: the line.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

FTR, the public is pretty split on the ML.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    KC is playing better while at times SD is in a fog. If I play this game it will be on KC small. I always lean to the home dog on MNF even though the trend died a decade ago or more.
    This..

Also both offenses are no powerhouse, never getting out of the twenties this season even with turnovers/special teams help, making the under the right play as well.........

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

No I'm a bear fan
    My deepest condolences to you.

SD isn't the same team without Sproles on offense. They were one of the best screen teams in the league for years, not anymore. Rivers lost his check down go to guy in Sproles, and it's why he's thrown more picks then TD's this year.
    Last edited by Stevedore; 10-31-11 at 03:18 PM.

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

I'm leaning under is this game

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Most of my family lives in SD and they are dropping thousands on this game. People putting a lot of money on KC tonight better have a good reason other than "lets fade the public and take the home dog on mnf"
    They do. Which is why so much money is coming in on them.

The market is being efficient.

I mean, if the markets were reacting only to "the public", then the line wouldn't be where it is, no???
    Last edited by big0mar; 10-31-11 at 03:33 PM.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

i'm with you LB, 6.5 pt teaser though to be safe. chargers +3.5 and under 51.

i think the chiefs are the overrated team in this game, they're coming off a 28-0 win against a shit QB and a guy off the couch, they only scored 14 points on offense if i remember right. chargers lost to the jets, if they would've won this line would be higher i'm sure. it's a trap for chiefs backers, SD barely beat them at home so it could almost be labeled as a revenge game for them to prove they are better than that.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    They do. Which is why so much money is coming in on them. The market is being efficient. I mean, if the markets were reacting only to "the public", then the line wouldn't be where it is, no???
    of course you're right, the line doesn't move with the public it moves where the money is going. but it's not even game time yet. We'll see what happens.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    73 % of the public is on the Bolts ,that makes it square IMO Wizard,doesn't mean its a bad thing,I like squares this year ,but as the late great HOWARD COSELL would say " NOT TODAY" The Chiefs threat the Chargers like tricks on this Halloween ...like I said Chiefs by 14....what were you saying wizard about the sharp play being on the Chargers? dam betting wizard hugh
    You have to remember whatever side Wizard is on is the sharp side because he's the greatest ever.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I usually avoid games involving the Chargers. Norv Turner is a dumbass.
    Yes he is. Under is the play.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Touts all over the Chiefs

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

taking chiefs tonight is like people taking dallas last nite. Chiefs could win but i think chargers win by 20 plus actually and gates with 0 td , mathews with 0 td and they still win by 20 plus even with tolbert out.

Chiefs haven't beaten anyone. Chargers will be more motivated to win this game even if it is at arrowhead. Wouldnt be surprised if chiefs only win 2 more games the rest of the season.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

tt ,seriously ,taking the Chiefs at home on Monday night,after winning 3 straight is like taking a shity Dallas team at Philly on Sunday night after a by week when andy reed and the eagles are 12 and 0 ? ....bro,you are way confused .....

MOBILEat04:30 PM
    [#105811607] STRAIGHT BET
    10/30/2011 - 05:05 PM NFL [230] PHILADELPHIA -2½-135 (B+½)
    Score: DALLAS(7) - PHILADELPHIA(34) WIN
    10/30/2011-MOBILEat04:51 PM
    [#105815059] STRAIGHT BET (Risking: 115.00 - To Win: 100.00)
    10/30/2011 - 05:05 PM NFL [230] PHILADELPHIA -3-115
    Score: DALLAS(7) - PHILADELPHIA(34) WIN
    10/30/2011-MOBILEat04:52 PM
    [#105815147] STRAIGHT BET
    10/30/2011 - 05:35 PM NFL [1230] 1H PHILADELPHIA -2-110
    Score: 1H DALLAS(0) - 1H PHILADELPHIA(24) WIN

Also hit the Eagles +2 at halftime on 5dime ...this is from betdsi.....

First 12345 ... Last