unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Well I don't really care but if you are going to sit here and tell me Big East looked great you are stupid. Villinova played American and trailed double digits the whole game, Ville had trouble with a #16, Pitt was almost the 1st #1 to lose in the first round, and WV got burried. Yes, very impressive. They both look pathetic besides UNC and UConn

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Well I don't really care but if you are going to sit here and tell me Big East looked great you are stupid. Villinova played American and trailed double digits the whole game, Ville had trouble with a #16, Pitt was almost the 1st #1 to lose in the first round, and WV got burried. Yes, very impressive. They both look pathetic besides UNC and UConn

lol Villanova just DOMINATED UCLA, Louisville beat a team by 20 points which is good no matter what (we didnt try to blow out an in-state school). Also, Pitt always looks shitty until they play great teams and play well. West Virginia got buried? Dayton>>>>>Cleveland State.

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

ACC blows....lol...not looking so well for them the past couple days, Wake is done, Maryland is done, BC is done, Florida State is done, Clemson gone, ....UNC and Duke only 2 left standing which is just about right...the only 2 teams from the ACC I have in my brackets pass the 2nd round

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

its not even about ACC VS Big East anymore.......

this is what is great about tourney time, it opens our eyes to so much more beyond what we get caught up in during the regular season....

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The ACC was not even close to the Big East this season.

Even if North Carolina and Duke go deep into the tournament, the ACC's other teams all suffered embarrassing losses.* Going by the tournament, the ACC has only two teams. Going by the regular season, they have more, but the Big East is still clearly better.

*- Maryland gets blown out by the clearly superior Memphis, Wake Forest gets blown out by Cleveland State, USC takes BC to the woodshed, Florida State loses to Wisconsin (probably the 5th or 6th best Big 10 team), Clemson loses to Michigan (maybe the 6th or 7th best Big 10 team).

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

is the Big 12 better then the Big East? who would have even asked this question before tourney time? this is why I love college sports and the debates that ensues, there are not right or wrong answers and many angles to look at.

So taking what you just said about the ACC Yis..... how do we rate UNC or Duke as a team now? do their in conf losses to non tourney teams make them seem that much weaker? do their "big" wins against teams like wake or clem seem that much less significant? I think you almost have to throw it all out the window....

these teams change alot during the year, some teams learning curves are tremendously steep and their march version is 3 times better then their nov version.... other teams actually go down hill... or just stay the same...

gotta ride the hot hand come tourney time...

TPowell

so..... is the ACC better than the Big 12?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

ACC is looking like 4th best conference now T..... guess we were right all season in our discussions with the big east haters and ACC lovers...

yisman

Big 12 > ACC

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy to see this thread is still alive after I put it up almost 2 months ago...More happy to see Big East sending dukies home again....Most happy that the games tonite have proven my original point that Big East is superior this year to ACC....Hate many of these teams during the conference season but tourney time I dig the B.E. no matter what....GO LOUISVILLE for tomorrow....and GO IRISH in NIT!!!!!

TPowell

lol 71-52 Nova..... so who's superior again?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I bet alot of Big East teams that didn't make the dance could have made it through the first round and maybe to the sweet 16 if they had a shot.... guess providence, ND, georgetown, Seton Hall, will never know

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Uhhh, Georgetown couldn't get out of the first round of the NIT. ND is making a run.

The Big East has set the bar that may not be broken. Truly dominant run right now. Impressive. I thought the conference was a little overrated prior to the tourney. Not any more. I started tailing there games since last week.

yisman

Elite Eight so far:

Three Big East teams and one Big 12 team.

Conference rankings, and it doesn't matter what happens from here on out:

1)Big East
    2)Big 12
    3)Pac-10
    4)Big Ten
    5)ACC

yisman

hey Coach K, at least the ACC was better than the SEC. That's something, I guess.

TPowell

I would put the Big 10 ahead of the Pac 10 but not complaints outside of that

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Elite Eight so far:

Three Big East teams and one Big 12 team.

Conference rankings, and it doesn't matter what happens from here on out:

1)Big East
    2)Big 12
    3)Pac-10
    4)Big Ten
    5)ACC
    Dang your critical of the ACC... I'd have it like this.
    1)Big East
    2)Big 12
    3)ACC
    4)Big Ten
    5)Pac-10

UNC should make it to the Final four which gives the conference much weight.

TPowell

why is the ACC better than the Big 10 again? Outside of North Carolina, they have nothing else.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ACC was horrible as it turned out, heck mid majors were better than the ACC

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Duke looked like a JV team compared to Nova, and Duke won the ACC tourney. Interested to see how good UNC really is when they play some top notch competiton, and by that I mean the Cuse in the elite 8 game.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Duke looked like a JV team compared to Nova, and Duke won the ACC tourney. Interested to see how good UNC really is when they play some top notch competiton, and by that I mean the Cuse in the elite 8 game.

It does add some intrigue to any UNC game now.... the poor showing by the ACC has to call into question UNC's body of work a little bit now......

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

1 - Big East

2 - Big 12
    3 - ACC

4....No one else matters

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

And yes, the huge gap between the Big East and the other two was intentoinal!

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The Big East was dominant. I just wish I had a little more fun with them. Amby knows my motto this year was "I hate the Big East".

Pretty sad that I didn't get to fully enjoy one of the most dominant conferences in a long time.

yisman

Pac 10 and Big Ten should be above the ACC

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

UNC should make it to the Final four which gives the conference much weight.
    Hell no. Even if UNC wins it all, what does that mean?

It means the ACC has one elite team, a few above average teams, and then crap.
    They cannot be the third best conference in the country.

WhatAboutMeBitch
    WhatAboutMeBitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big East could get 11 teams in the Big Dance this March

First 123