Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

There is No Difference Between the WWE and the NBA (Scrippeted Entertainment)

No longer a relevant sport. Bring on Spring Football. I would love to see the USFL again.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Personally, boxing seems to becoming the new WWE...never seen so much controversy, fake ish...really a shame.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Personally, boxing seems to becoming the new WWE...never seen so much controversy, fake ish...really a shame.
    I think boxing is close to death. MMA has killed that sport.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I agree....though I believe it is possible to reorganize the sport and gain back some of the fans that were lost to MMA. Don't get me wrong, some MMA matches are entertaining to watch, but it seems, and this is just my opinion, that so many of the matches are disappointing and are over before they start. That, and there are so many MMA fighters, just like boxing, that it becomes extremely hard to follow the sport....it's almost impossible to keep track of all of the bouts, decisions, etc.

So how do both league's create a solid fan base? (not what the thread is about, but it's good convo)

They need to do a better job of marketing the top fighters in the most popular weight classes so that they're a little more mainstream. I'm not talking about the fighters that we all know, but the ones that are little lesser known, though they're due to challenge the title holders. Right now, bot sports seem to be resorting to WWE tactics in an attempt to drum up public interest into believing that there's a real sold plot and the fights represent more than they really do. Instead, market the fighters for who they are and peak fan interest in a genuine manner, as occurs in other mainstream sports. For those that believe neither sport can become mainstream, I'd counter and say who do you know that doesn't love to watch a good fight. We're a violent society, and so are most of the other major countries, that it won't take much to revitalize public interest if both organizations just put a little more effort into marketing their athletes.