chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Harvard Leans: TEBOW is under center and guess who's coming to town

The DETROIT LIONS are in town and looking to ruin TIM TEBOW's first home start of the season.

TEBOW nation was alive in well in MIAMI, despite TEBOW completing a pathetic 48.1 percent of passes.

Despite his rocky start, TIM TEBOW ramped things up in the final 10 minutes going 6-for-9 passing for 55 yards and two scores. Will TEBOW look any better against a DETROIT secondary that can't stop the pass?

No doubt SUH and FAIRLEY are the best in the game on the D-LINE, but DET’s defense is an absolute joke outside of the D-line.

Winning always covers up deficiencies of teams, perhaps you were just in awe of the 5-0 start and didn’t bother to pay attention to DET’s lack of offensive line talent and whore s_hit secondary!!!

Were any of you DET backers watching the first 30 mintues of the VIKINGS game? And that VIKES team that hung 20 unanswered points on DET did it with Donovan hamburger McNabb.

DET runs a the popular NFL spread offense. The problem is when they fail to pick up first downs it does not run a lot of time off the clock. DET is not built to grind it out on teams, they are strictly a finesse team. Their o-line is a big problem and is going to keep their defense on the field for some of that TEBOW MAGIC.

Meanwhile, in four career starts, Tebow has averaged 203 yards, 1.5 touchdowns and 0.8 interceptions.

This is the 11th regular-season meeting, with DENVER leading series, 6-4.

BRONCO DE R AYERS and TE J THOMAS are both questionable Sunday, while DEN has DE E DUMERVIL listed as doubtful.

T J FOX, S V FULLER, and DE W YOUNG are all questionable Sunday for the LIONS.

But what are the REAL GAME CHANGING injuries?

Well, last week when DETROIT blew it AGAIN it came to mind that the LIONS had no rhythm, no execution, a boatload of penalties.

With key injuries to the LIONS offense, are things going to get better for DETROIT?

A source close to JAHVID BEST confirmed to the Detroit Free Press that Best (concussion) WILL NOT play in Week 8 and will be held out through the Lions' Week 9 bye.

It's likely that this source is BEST's agent. The "person close" to BEST insists the tailback is feeling "pretty normal" and his headaches "have mostly subsided". M MORRIS and K WILLIAMS will take the reigns of the DET backfield.

MATT STAFFORD is about a 50/50 chance of starting this game.

STAFFORD said his ankle "felt OK, sore," but that it was better on Wednesday than it was on Monday. He also said, "If I am healthy enough to play, I will try to be out there. It's yet to be seen if I can get to that point. But if I can, I want to play."

If STAFFORD is riding the bench along with BEST, veteran SHAUN HILL will start under center. HILL has only played in one game this year, completing the ass kicking of the KC CHIEFS earlier in the season. HILL started 10 games last season, on a DETRIOT LIONS team that went 12-4.

Trends:

DENVER is 3-0 straight up in last three at Mile High Stadium vs the LIONS

DENVER is 0-7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS win.

DETROIT is 8-21-1 ATS in their last 30 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.

DENVER BRONCOS +3 (+100)

71% covers consensus on DET so it looks like I won't see many of you at the window, Sunday.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Interesting.

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont post much on this site anymore

But tebow is an absolute joke, he cant throw a 15 yard out. Lions are going to destroy them the d line will stop the run. tebow will throw 2-3 picks easy cover

lions -3

sjelveh

also there no way the Hilton would have this game at 3 if stafford was not going to play

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Like the play chris. Det is coming back to reality. Den as home dog is a good thing,

bet420
    bet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

edit

chrisharvard01

Quote Originally Posted by sjelveh View Post
    also there no way the Hilton would have this game at 3 if stafford was not going to play
    How does the HILTON know that STAFFORD will play or won't play when Jim Schwartz does not even know?

To quote STAFFORD himself on starting, "We'll see if that comes true".

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by bet420 View Post
    edit
    The line won't move

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Denver looks too easy

I cannot see Detroit winning more than 2 or 3 more games this year

They shot their load

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I am on the play as well

tell me were did you get +3 +100?

you could have only gotten even odds when the lines opened 2 days ago and only for a very short time

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The presence of scattered "facts" aid in making the write-up hard to read. Can you boil it down to your three strongest statements please? I would like to know what you feel strongest about in the litany you presented in this.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post

Trends:

DENVER is 3-0 straight up in last three at Mile High Stadium vs the LIONS
    HUH? Stats like this have no bearing in this game. 9/28/2003 was the last time that the lions visited Denver. They average around 4 years between games. No regular season games were played between 1990 and 1999 between these two teams.

If I wanted I could explore more of these trends and op "facts" but you are probably just cut and pasting trends from donbest.com and other articles in an attempt of analysis.

Whole writeup is watching a semi full of fortune cookies have a rollover straight from the factory. Just give me your lucky numbers and I will buy a quick pick with them. As for the write up and the pick...I will decline

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    HUH? Stats like this have no bearing in this game. 9/28/2003 was the last time that the lions visited Denver. They average around 4 years between games. No regular season games were played between 1990 and 1999 between these two teams. If I wanted I could explore more of these trends and op "facts" but you are probably just cut and pasting trends from donbest.com and other articles in an attempt of analysis. Whole writeup is watching a semi full of fortune cookies have a rollover straight from the factory. Just give me your lucky numbers and I will buy a quick pick with them. As for the write up and the pick...I will decline
    If it makes you change your mind I like denver as well and for completely different reasons than the OP

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    If it makes you change your mind I like denver as well and for completely different reasons than the OP
    I am not saying Denver is the play nor Detroit is the play. It just looks like an entire article of cut and paste statements from various stat sources and newspaper/internet articles. If the stats are applicable then I dont even mind them being cut and paste. When I saw the blurb Denver is 3-0 the last three times Detroit visited....it is just so non applicable.

IMO there are better games to bet than Detroit verses this enigma called Tebow. I would rather win or lose money based more on analysis and less due to the fact that I correctly or incorrectly predicted this game due to the compulsion of being correct about Tebow.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    I am not saying Denver is the play nor Detroit is the play. It just looks like an entire article of cut and paste statements from various stat sources and newspaper/internet articles. If the stats are applicable then I dont even mind them being cut and paste. When I saw the blurb Denver is 3-0 the last three times Detroit visited....it is just so non applicable. IMO there are better games to bet than Detroit verses this enigma called Tebow. I would rather win or lose money based more on analysis and less due to the fact that I correctly or incorrectly predicted this game due to the compulsion of being correct about Tebow.
    fair enough

personally Im not taking broncos because of tebow, Im taking them because it fits my system, but of coarse I wont make the play until sunday, just to make sure nothing changes

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Tebow can't play quarterback, his shoes are on backwards and his lips are over his head. Last I checked Detroit has won squat in their lifetime. Denver wins SU.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Tebow can't play quarterback, his shoes are on backwards and his lips are over his head. Last I checked Detroit has won squat in their lifetime. Denver wins SU.
    I would rather rely on the logic employed in this skit for picking anything over the shoes and lips comment.

chrisharvard01

I am on the play as well

tell me were did you get +3 +100?

you could have only gotten even odds when the lines opened 2 days ago and only for a very short time

You are right. HILTON had it for a very short time at EV.

Luckys is the first in town to go down to +2.5 already.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions are a good team, starting to get desperate. Broncos are not a good team.

chrisharvard01

Almost game time.

It's laughable to me the posts I've read across the board regarding the DET secondary. You guys understand that the secondary is NOT the D-line, right? The LIONS secondary is mediocre AT BEST! Whether you believe TEBOW has a wet noodle for an arm or not, fact is LIONS secondary is not great or even good! They spent all their money developing their great D-LINE and are in a rebuilding phase. They desperately need to beef up the secondary with their next draft picks.

STAFFORD still questionable, looks like he actually may start. I'd rather have the healthy 2nd string in there than a gimpy STAFFORD, if I were on DET. "Experts" all over Las Vegas have DET as their play of the day in their articles in the paper. Good luck boys.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

fair enough

personally Im not taking broncos because of tebow, Im taking them because it fits my system, but of coarse I wont make the play until sunday, just to make sure nothing changes

sytems dont win in the nfl.

15 years from now you`ll thank me for posting this..

the only things that matter are line movements, injuries to qb, offensive line or linebackers, weather, and most importantly, the QUARTERBACK and his ability to get first downs.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Fairley has played in three games in his career and is banged up right now but somehow he's one of the best in the game

sjelveh

well that was an easy cover

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

That's award winning epic fail right there. It takes talent and time to fail like this. How many college classes were skipped to devise and write this post? Bravo sir...bra...vo.