ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

AET in soccer

can anyone explain what kind of games/leagues/situations/etc warrant AET and shootouts in soccer? is it certain league championship games or something similar? is there any way to find out when looking at a game if AET/shootout will be used if its a draw at the end of 90 min?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

AET will be used in knockout stages like the Champions League, Europa League, Euro Championship if the aggregate score is tied after the 2nd leg is complete. World Cup and intercontinental competitions do this as well, but it's just usually knockout stages.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

If theres a line for the DRAW means its only 90 minutes they usually have this for every game and when its knockout stage theyll also have a different line

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

thx guys. i havnt seen any other extra lines on 5dimes tho for some of these games that have been going extra time in the last few days. i've seen them in the past tho i think. theres a been few games where i checked the final score and thought i won but realized it was a draw in regulation and my team won in the AET making my bet a loss