LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

You ***** have no clue. Ive been shorting the NBA stock taking in $$$. Suck a dick. Lou, John, get me off the ban list you *****.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    People are durs to canceled netflix over the ******* 7 dollar raise or whatever it was. It was still the best rate going. netflix gonna keep switching more and more to all internet rentals. which is a much better idea, dvds will be out in 10 years most likely anyways.

This.

Now that tv's are smart and have Netflix type apps, the death of the dvd is only a matter of time. Streaming is the future and Netflix has the best name recognition.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

How is blockbuster giving them competition? Thought blockbuster was basically dead?

Dutch
    Honky Lips

^ Maybe he's talking about Blockbuster rolling out Blue Boxes in some cities, but redbox is way ahead of the game.

Redbox will be a thing of the past soon too, after streaming really takes off, only people with shitty tv's and no internet will still rent dvd's and those people probably don't have debit/************ to use at a redbox anyway.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ^ Maybe he's talking about Blockbuster rolling out Blue Boxes in some cities, but redbox is way ahead of the game. Redbox will be a thing of the past soon too, after streaming really takes off, only people with shitty tv's and no internet will still rent dvd's and those people probably don't have debit/************ to use at a redbox anyway.
    In my city there are actually more Blockbuster boxes then Redboxes at this point.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

buy netflix after few months at around 50...and keep it in your locker for next 5 years. You will make ton of profit.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

blockbuster gone in RI and MA as well

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Im sure there are only two Blockbuster left in the world lol

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ^ Maybe he's talking about Blockbuster rolling out Blue Boxes in some cities, but redbox is way ahead of the game.

Redbox will be a thing of the past soon too, after streaming really takes off, only people with shitty tv's and no internet will still rent dvd's and those people probably don't have debit/************ to use at a redbox anyway.

'CC's' is a bad word nowadays?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    buy netflix after few months at around 50...and keep it in your locker for next 5 years. You will make ton of profit.
    Why? Tell me why a company like Amazon with so much more breadth to offer won't eat them for lunch. What does Netflix do that Amazon can't match and beat before too long once Amazon catches them on content?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Im sure there are only two Blockbuster left in the world lol
    Come to cali every city has one or two but the population here probably has something to do with that. What video stores do you guys have just redbox ? Man that sucks

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Come to cali every city has one or two but the population here probably has something to do with that. What video stores do you guys have just redbox ? Man that sucks
    I'm in South Orange County (California) and there are only a two Blockbusters left within a 20 mile radius. Used to be in every strip mall/shopping center.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Who rents movies anymore at a store?

footballfanstan
    footballfanstan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

LOL Blockbuster is basically gone outside of a few markets. I'm in the Richmond/DC area and most of ours shut down this time last year. Had huge going out of business sales which was cool.

I have to agree with Letsgo, why would we be upset that Blockbuster is gone? They were charging several times more for the same service Redbox provides and Redbox was a lot easier/better to use. Teaser you are honestly the first person I've heard in years to still actually rent from Blockbuster.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    I'm in South Orange County (California) and there are only a two Blockbusters left within a 20 mile radius. Used to be in every strip mall/shopping center.
    Dont know what part of the oc you live in but theres one in HB , one in fullerton, one in orange theres over 10+ locations u must live by mission viejo/laguna niguel for some reason not out that way.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Who rents movies anymore at a store?
    i do i get new release games and movies for $7.50 a month. Its not always easy to get what i want online gamefly sucks netflix is good.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by footballfanstan View Post
    LOL Blockbuster is basically gone outside of a few markets. I'm in the Richmond/DC area and most of ours shut down this time last year. Had huge going out of business sales which was cool.

I have to agree with Letsgo, why would we be upset that Blockbuster is gone? They were charging several times more for the same service Redbox provides and Redbox was a lot easier/better to use. Teaser you are honestly the first person I've heard in years to still actually rent from Blockbuster.
    Be a fool not to I can go buy games for 65 bucks or I can do the instore 1 out promo for $7.50 for 30 days then $14.99 still beats paying 65 for a game then beating it in a week or so and never playing it again. Blockbuster online has free 30 day promo with free in store swaps. Had netflix for years gamefly for months not always easy to get the new releases. Blockbuster often has new release movies before redbox and im not sure about netflix. Redbox doesnt have as many xbox 360 games as ps3 for some reason. Hope this clears that up and why blockbuster is right for me.

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

more for less always gets customers

footballfanstan
    footballfanstan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I don't disagree with you Teaser sounds like a good deal for you. Just found the overall posts you made in here funny as you started out assuming everyone had Blockbusters around every corner like Starbucks haha. Then found out you were in the minority. But yeah I can remember a time when there was a Blockbuster every couple of blocks.

Yich123
    Yich123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

how can you tell its going to 0!? thats a bold statement... but i do agree than it will eventually go to 0 but not quite yet. it will when movies become available online for free with easy access

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by footballfanstan View Post
    I don't disagree with you Teaser sounds like a good deal for you. Just found the overall posts you made in here funny as you started out assuming everyone had Blockbusters around every corner like Starbucks haha. Then found out you were in the minority. But yeah I can remember a time when there was a Blockbuster every couple of blocks.
    They' re everywhere here i never had problems finding one in LA co or Oc for that matter. Everywhere ive ever lived in the usa as an adult had a local blockbuster store. coconut creek florida had blockbusters but that was 2003. Wonder why stay in a LA but leave NY? Just assumed everybody had a blockbuster store in their area my bad.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

i once predicted 16-17 years ago Starbucks would be a fad and a flop....I did not picture the emergence of WIFI internet places and the love of $5 cups of coffee the way it went down....netflix might be a service for entertainment and change a bit..they have name, distribution and some loyal followers..lets see..

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I am in NYC....they are all gone here.
    Try the broadway blockbuster location (212) 280-1258 not sure they are close to you there are at least 10 blockbuster locations (some may have closed) seeing in the NYC. Thats a large market to just walk away from.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 10-26-11 at 01:03 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

there was a 5 real close to my house, now only 1. Netflix kicked their ass and they just stood by and watched.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    i once predicted 16-17 years ago Starbucks would be a fad and a flop....I did not picture the emergence of WIFI internet places and the love of $5 cups of coffee the way it went down....netflix might be a service for entertainment and change a bit..they have name, distribution and some loyal followers..lets see..
    Loyal followers? Doesn't seem like it. And you can watch the same exact shows elsewhere, not the same as branded coffee. Starbucks is a very different business. I subscribe to Netflix at the moment, but when Amazon catches them on content, and they will, then I'll cancel it.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

I rented NCAA Football 2012 from blockbuster. Spent 10 bucks on the rental. Instead of spending 60 bucks on the game, to find out I didnt like it.

Block buster for the win.

Netflix still owns though

First 12