Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

When does the rollover clock start ticking?

I have a $2000 free play with a 5 times rollover. I "won" $1100 of the $2000. Does the $2000 of free play bets I made count towards the $10000 or does rollover start after all the free play balance has been exhausted?

Thank you in advance.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yes, it should count towards your 10,000 rollover requirement (if I'm understanding your question correctly)

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I don't think freeplay bets count. Completing rollover requires betting with your actual balance.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I don't think freeplay bets count. Completing rollover requires betting with your actual balance.
    You're right, Yisman. I think I misunderstood the question. Once you make your "freeplay" wager, the winnings will go into your "real money" account...which you have to use to count towards rollover. The initial freeplay wager doesn't count towards the $10K (because if you lose it, it doesn't matter)

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Agree with yisman here. The freeplay plays would not count toward rollover. You better find out from the book if it is only the winnings from the freeplay that are subject to rollover. If so your rollover should be 5X1100 ---- unless they told you your deal required 5X2000 regardless of amount won with freeplays.

I've seen it both ways.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, I've seen it both ways as well, hhsilver. That's a good point. I'd assume that they're going to take the higher amount of the two (just another way books gain an edge)

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Thanks guys. It was difficult to interpret the live chat answer I got. Guess I will try again. Appreciate it.