No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Gambling is a goddam emotional rollercoaster ride

I've been in a slump lately -- not the worst I've ever gone through, but a lot of bad calls, wrong reads, ugly beats, fluke or lopsided losses, etc. A little bit of everything. Last night's 11U fister with the Rangers put a pretty serious dent in my roll, which has been dwindling little by little since football started.

I almost took a break. I almost just cashed out with whatever profits I do have left. I almost looked at my account balance, which was in such good shape a while back but now pales in comparison, and said "f\*\*k it, I'm done with this nonsense."

Then I put 5U on UAB, 5U on the Rangers, 5U on the Rangers series price and a half a unit on the Arizona/UCLA under.

Now I'm back!

I don't even know if it's all actually worth it, but when you do get lucky on nights like these -- a big read on a large underdog, a fortunate rally with the team you just sunk 21 units combined into the past two nights and then a bullshit fixed total for a nice little icing on the cake -- it's why you do this in the first place.

Never quit, right JJ? Right?!?!

I need a drink.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

glad we were on the same side. lets keep it goin ====>>>>>>>>

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've already openly admitted I do this recreationally -- it's a hobby for me. I don't bet big by any means. Even when I have nights like this where I may for a second wish otherwise, I still come to my senses and wonder how people can sink legitimate, big money into this. I mean, $300 is a big play for me. I can't imagine what having $3,000 on a game would be like, let alone the feeling of a big hit, a big miss, or a lucky bounce to win like these picks tonight.

Guess that's why I'm a pot smoker when it comes to gambling and not a full-blown crack addict.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

"Only when you combine sound intellect with emotional discipline do you get rational behavior."- Warren Buffet

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Couldn't agree more....huge rollercoaster

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

its easy like cake, hit 99%

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Ugly underdogs.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

"Stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot. There's no place for emotions in this profession."

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Congrats on the wins even if it was at the expense of my Cardinals.

I've been where you were at many times. I'll go streaks and hit like 11 out of 12. Then I lose like 8 out of 9 and give it all back. It's so streaky.

When it's going bad it seems like you're going to lose no matter what. Those last second shots go in, you're team misses a 25 yard FG, your team blows a save, etc.

I had a bad losing streak a few weeks ago, doubled down on Dallas -1 and they blew a 24 point lead in the second half. It seems like bad losses like that always come at the worst time.

I'm a lot like you. I do this for recreation. I rely on my 9-5 job to pay the bills. I could never put thousands on something I have no control over.

Shockingly, I'm up nearly 1k since I started tracking my plays. It's not a lot but I'll take it considering I don't bet a whole lot.

It is fun getting your account down to $15, building it back up to $667, losing it back down to $25, and then winning back up to $780.

My problem is, I play too many games. If I just used the same disclipine I used to build my bankroll, I doubt I would have such big swings. In the end I guess it doesn't really matter. I do this for fun.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the end you lose

You will give it all back

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

booze
    drugs

are the answers usually to get through it or maybe emotional screaming like I do

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Congrats on the wins even if it was at the expense of my Cardinals.

I've been where you were at many times. I'll go streaks and hit like 11 out of 12. Then I lose like 8 out of 9 and give it all back. It's so streaky.

When it's going bad it seems like you're going to lose no matter what. Those last second shots go in, you're team misses a 25 yard FG, your team blows a save, etc.

I had a bad losing streak a few weeks ago, doubled down on Dallas -1 and they blew a 24 point lead in the second half. It seems like bad losses like that always come at the worst time.

I'm a lot like you. I do this for recreation. I rely on my 9-5 job to pay the bills. I could never put thousands on something I have no control over.

Shockingly, I'm up nearly 1k since I started tracking my plays. It's not a lot but I'll take it considering I don't bet a whole lot.

It is fun getting your account down to $15, building it back up to $667, losing it back down to $25, and then winning back up to $780.

My problem is, I play too many games. If I just used the same disclipine I used to build my bankroll, I doubt I would have such big swings. In the end I guess it doesn't really matter. I do this for fun.
    Couldn't agree more, all the way down to being an action junkie. I honestly think if I flushed that out of my system and picked my spots more wisely, I'd be a lot better off. I suppose that goes without saying, though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    booze
    drugs

are the answers usually to get through it or maybe emotional screaming like I do
    Emotional screaming tends to work, as long as you aren't committed and deemed certifiable. I try to steer away from the other two as much as possible.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

So true, NC. The Under 62 hitting last night in Arizona was simply awesome! Even at halftime, I had a good feeling about it.

I can only imagine how many people were counting their cash at the half thinking that the total would soar over...

They combined for 11 points in the 2nd half.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

After the Rangers cashed my ticket, I threw some profit on the Arizona/UCLA 2nd half Under.......about as much fun watching an under as I've ever had!

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

streaks are the phenonmenon of gambling

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    "Stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot. There's no place for emotions in this profession."
    This.........

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Couldn't agree more, all the way down to being an action junkie. I honestly think if I flushed that out of my system and picked my spots more wisely, I'd be a lot better off. I suppose that goes without saying, though.
    Yep. I didn't plan on betting the CFB games tonight but I know I will. I have to get my fix.

Thankfully I don't really bet enough to get hurt.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yep. I didn't plan on betting the CFB games tonight but I know I will. I have to get my fix.

Thankfully I don't really bet enough to get hurt.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

nice job sir. gl

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i doubt your luck will get any better by making threads with "GD" in them.... just sayin

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

Betting $20 a game and having a $100 swings gives you an emotional rollercoaster ride?

Go out of the house for once and stop looking at line movement 12 hours a day then. And i'm being serious.