riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Hedging for dummies?

Hey fellas,

I'm still a fresh fish in this world of gaming and was hoping someone would give me an idiots guide to hedging.

I mainly use 5dimes and Bodog (really not liking Bodog but still use it...) Do these books allow you to hedge? If so, how do I go about doing that?

This is for future knowledge; i don't have any open parlays at the moment. Thanks guys

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Only hedge if you really need the money...

You're here to gamble son...

riffraff24

You got that right! But it doesn't hurt to be educated on what my options are for the future.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hedging is allowed at any book, just most don't allow correlated parlays.

As for when to hedge, it really depends on the situation. Every hedging situation is so different that you'd really need to explain the situation and the odds to get any advice on it.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

basically if you do parlay bet (2 or more teams that have to win for your bet to win)- you should hedge if it looks like its going to come down to your last game or even 2 to decide the parlay.

You do this by betting the other side that you already have. if you have a bet on iifold vs priskilla with some other stuff that already won- it would be very prudent to bet on priskilla to ensure guaranteed profit.

straight bets- unless the line moves very significantly to create another guaranteed money situation or 2 different pointspreads that allow a big window where you can hit both bets, you should probably just let it ride.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    basically if you do parlay bet (2 or more teams that have to win for your bet to win)- you should hedge if it looks like its going to come down to your last game or even 2 to decide the parlay.

You do this by betting the other side that you already have. if you have a bet on iifold vs priskilla with some other stuff that already won- it would be very prudent to bet on priskilla to ensure guaranteed profit.

straight bets- unless the line moves very significantly to create another guaranteed money situation or 2 different pointspreads that allow a big window where you can hit both bets, you should probably just let it ride.

Thanks a lot man! Good luck to you all

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

no problem.

futher- it doesnt necessarily HAVE TO be profit. you can also do this to minimize possible loss.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Riff, only post at SBR sponsored books, and you will be OK

SBR is your friend here