BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Watching Unders

Football: Cheer for drives to mid field and punt... When in the opposing zone, cheer for Defense...
    Baseball: Get OUTS man!
    Basketball: Take time off the clock, miss, get an offensive rebound and reset ...No fouls thnx...
    soccer: Possession... Long, calculated... put it in the box then hope it goes out for a goal kick...

Hockey? I prefer to watch hockey unders on a ticker then live... Because You have NO idea what to cheer for??? the puck is in the offensive zone for 80% of the game, and either its going to be redirected in front, where all the danger is, or to the point where then it gets redirected to the net, where all the danger is... or the defense gets it and runs 3-2 the other way creating quick breakout scoring attempts...

Only Clear goal to cheer for is Penalty kills, but you sure the hel don't want too many of those in a game...

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Football: Cheer for drives to mid field and punt... When in the opposing zone, cheer for Defense...
    Baseball: Get OUTS man!
    Basketball: Take time off the clock, miss, get an offensive rebound and reset ...No fouls thnx...
    soccer: Possession... Long, calculated... put it in the box then hope it goes out for a goal kick...

Hockey? I prefer to watch hockey unders on a ticker then live... Because You have NO idea what to cheer for??? the puck is in the offensive zone for 80% of the game, and either its going to be redirected in front, where all the danger is, or to the point where then it gets redirected to the net, where all the danger is... or the defense gets it and runs 3-2 the other way creating quick breakout scoring attempts...

Only Clear goal to cheer for is Penalty kills, but you sure the hel don't want too many of those in a game...

I always lean under on any MLB, NFL, or basketball line I see... it is a problem. So I don't take unders unless I love them b/c I always lean under anyway. I find it easier to cheer for defense than offense.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Don't forget empty netters in the 3-2 game that make you lose. Watching hockey with an under bet is hazardous to your health.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe
    Lo-CalDallasBuKe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    Don't forget empty netters in the 3-2 game that make you lose. Watching hockey with an under bet is hazardous to your health.
    Yeah I can agree with this.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    since 89% of all games are 5.5, and 84.2% of games end up 3-2 with under a minute left, you are right... I did forget this little added bonus...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    I always lean under on any MLB, NFL, or basketball line I see... it is a problem. So I don't take unders unless I love them b/c I always lean under anyway. I find it easier to cheer for defense than offense.
    But the point is the watching... not the picking...

priskilla22

But the point is the watching... not the picking...
    True. As a pitcher in college (I wasn't that good, but still) I find it easy to root for good pitching though in watching. I get mad when guys walk people. Not that hard to throw strikes.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

True. As a pitcher in college (I wasn't that good, but still) I find it easy to root for good pitching though in watching. I get mad when guys walk people. Not that hard to throw strikes.
    Baseball is BY FAR, the most watchable under out there.. no question... You cheer for a very structured set of goals... MAKE OUTS! Better Yet... make THREE of them...There are no exceptions, you want an OUT.. .EVERY FRIKIN at bat... and when guys are on.. you want double and triple plays... Very clear what to cheer for defensively...

the other sports is about pace, and controlling pace... LEAST of which is hockey, which can go from a snails pace to scoring chance after scoring chance... it's an unwatchable under... I find myself staring at the clock at all times, but it don't move fast enough..

priskilla22

Baseball is BY FAR, the most watchable under out there.. no question... You cheer for a very structured set of goals... MAKE OUTS! Better Yet... make THREE of them...There are no exceptions, you want an OUT.. .EVERY FRIKIN at bat... and when guys are on.. you want double and triple plays... Very clear what to cheer for defensively...

the other sports is about pace, and controlling pace... LEAST of which is hockey, which can go from a snails pace to scoring chance after scoring chance... it's an unwatchable under... I find myself staring at the clock at all times, but it don't move fast enough..
    The only bad thing to MLB over/unders is the under 7 that at best pushes with a 3-3 tie, or the under 8 that loses for sure when it ties up 4-4.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

The only bad thing to MLB over/unders is the under 7 that at best pushes with a 3-3 tie, or the under 8 that loses for sure when it ties up 4-4.
    There are alot of bad things about unders in general no different than any other sport.. but you still have very clear goals...