unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

channel your knowledge into picking winners instead of med school. you'll only end up working in some emergency room on weekend nights if you're that lucky. lie to your parents about everything and keep betting with their money. schools are a business that are only interested in receiving your money. you will never recover financially from med school costs. my advice is to pretend to transfer to a college that the parents can't check on. get a job in that town and pretend to go to school. in your sparetime try to pick underdogs that you think can win outright (football and baskets). develop a horse race system that uses non-favorites in vertical wagering pools.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

If you are disinterested in school, being a doctor probably isn't for you. Much more school to go after undergraduate and residency, etc., plus they don't do as well as they used to.

Since you are a quick learner maybe become an entrepreneur and find something that interests you. Perhaps a Chinese restaurant with a craps table in the back. Then stuff all the fortune cookies with stuff like, "Luck is a moody mistress, but she will be in a good mood for you today" or "On fields of green your endeavors are red hot" or "Today's lucky numbers:11,7."

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

get degree sent through mail from india.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Turn the 50 I'm going to send you into 50 k. then stop gambling. Do school. And boom....happy parents

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    I don't know if this is the best place to be asking but, I am currently attending Community College. I have been there for 2 years and after this semester it would be 2.5 years. My GPA is 2.67, I want to become a doctor. School is not difficult for me, I can learn certain subject faster than others. However, I am very un-motivated, and distracted.( gambling, video games, bitches, making money). This term, I made a huge mistake by getting a temporarily full-time job. It ****** up my class schedule up( Ended up missing class), I was taking Chem 1B, College BIO 2A, and Pre-calculus. I am probably going to end up dropping all the classes because I am failing.

I pay for all my tuition fees, My parents just helps me with housing. I don't know how to answer to my parents. At this rate, I cannot leave until next year. Going to a State college( due to my GPA). What advice can you give me. Ill be turning 21 December. I know I am behind.

My Conselor said I still need to take the following class in Order to Transfer for my Major

Chem 1B
    Bio 2A
    Bio 2B
    Physics 1A
    physics 2B
    Calculus 1
    Organic CHem 20A
    Organic Chem 20B

I doubt I can complete this within a one year period.....
    How come you have a GPA of 2.67 and can't spell wrong or bet? Your English teacher should be fired from college. And what is Concelor?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Face facts, you're a degenerate hamburger.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Lmao that was my plan. I heard it a 2.9- 3.2 acceptance.
    Yeah, you'll get in there. Just keep in mind it costs 4x more than US schools, it's considerably more difficult, and you'd still have to take exams to practice in the US. There are also talks that medical degrees earned from the Caribbean will no longer be accepted in various states, though that may never happen.

jrbacon
    jrbacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2095

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Yeah, you'll get in there. Just keep in mind it costs 4x more than US schools, it's considerably more difficult, and you'd still have to take exams to practice in the US. There are also talks that medical degrees earned from the Caribbean will no longer be accepted in various states, though that may never happen.
    If you did that you still have to pass your usmle licensing exam and the hard part is that most residency programs won't accept students from foreign or Caribbean med schools. Even if you do get into a residency, it won't be a good one and you won't have the same experience as your peers. Why are you already banking on and trying to set yourself up to be in the worst position or have the worse opportunities possible? Seems like kind of bad/dumb way to go into any career path, especially one that is very consuming.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jrbacon View Post
    the hard part is that most residency programs won't accept students from foreign or Caribbean med schools. Even if you do get into a residency, it won't be a good one and you won't have the same experience as your peers.
    That is completely untrue. I know several people who graduated from Caribbean schools who were accepted into some of the more prominent residencies in the US.

Many actually believe the education earned from a Caribbean school is far superior to that of a US school. They may be easier to get in, but are more difficult to complete and far more expensive to attend. It's why residencies hold nothing against students who graduate from there.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

quang i got news for you: you will never be a fukking doctor. 2.67 at a community college? quang u will have a hard time being the guy at the front desk who checks the patients in.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

F-CKING QUANG ITS NOT HIS FAULT ITS HIS PARENTS FAULT ALL THESE F-CKING CHINESE THINK THERE KIDS ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD SO THEY PUSH THEM TO BECOME DOCTORS THEN WHEN THEY END UP WAITING TABLES AT A CHINESE RESTAURANT THE PARENTS START POPPING PILLS LIKE THEY FAILED IN LIFE.THERE ISNT ANYTHING WORSE THAN A CHINESE MOTHER THEY PUSH THE KIDS INTO EDUCATION.ITS OBVIOUS QUANG DOESNT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES BUT HE CANT FACE HIS MOTHER AND TELL HER HE IS GOING TO THE GOLDEN TEMPLE TO WAIT ON TABLES

QUANG GIVE ME THE NUMBER 4 PLEASE

THATS CHICKEN LO MEIN,BEEF WITH ONIONS,AND AN EGG ROLL (AND HURRY UP QUANG I AM STARVING)

POOR QUANG HE HAD HOPES OF BEING A DOCTOR THIS MORNING NOW HE IS WORKING AT A CHINESE RESTAURANT WAITING TABLES WITH ALL THE OTHER CHINAMEN THAT COULDNT BE DOCTORS
    Points Awarded:

wtf gave BEANTOWNJIM 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    quang i got news for you: you will never be a fukking doctor. 2.67 at a community college? quang u will have a hard time being the guy at the front desk who checks the patients in.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    If i put in the effort, Bringing up my grade is possible.. I took the Chem 1A couse, and most of my college courses so far, and I barely glance at the book. I am not bsing anyone. But than again that is why I am getting C in these cources.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Turn the 50 I'm going to send you into 50 k. then stop gambling. Do school. And boom....happy parents
    Man, I hope Dream do come true. And thanks once again Brent

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

love me some btj

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

you need to work a lot harder than that to get into med school CC courses are fairly easy and your grades aren't that good. You either need to start busting ass or pick another major and work somewhat harder. Good Luck

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

THANKS FOR THE POINTS WTF MAYBE I CAN GET ENOUGH POINTS TO GO TO A CHINESE RESTAURANT AND I CAN TIP QUANG WITH betpoints.

O.K. BEANTOWNJIM YOUR BILL IS 35.85

SURE QUANG HERES 36 U.S. DOLLARS FOR THE MEAL AND I AM GOING TO GO TO THE FORUM AND GIVE YOU 100 POINTS FOR A TIP YOUR A HELL OF A WAITER

QUANG KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR FUTURE I AM LAYING EVEN MONEY YOU WILL BE WAITING TABLES IN A CHINESE RESTAURANT

darmez88
    darmez88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was going through the same shit bro. I was also unmotivated but at some point, I realized I had to set my priorities straight.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

well btj you are right about one thing, the chinese parents

i live in china and they all push their kids to take mensa tests when they are like ten years old or whatever is the minimum age

they are fukin mental

maybe they should teach their kids how to fukin drive so they dont run over 2 year old's on the street

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

If i put in the effort, Bringing up my grade is possible.. I took the Chem 1A couse, and most of my college courses so far, and I barely glance at the book. I am not bsing anyone. But than again that is why I am getting C in these cources.
    Ultimately the question is if you believe you can be motivated to do well in medical school with greater difficulty in course load, a competitive atmosphere, and practically no supervision whatsoever.

Best thing to do is to figure out why you're so unmotivated in the first place. Once you address that situation you'll be in a much better position to assess your life, its goals, and how to accomplish them.

God bless.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    THANKS FOR THE POINTS WTF MAYBE I CAN GET ENOUGH POINTS TO GO TO A CHINESE RESTAURANT AND I CAN TIP QUANG WITH betpoints.

O.K. BEANTOWNJIM YOUR BILL IS 35.85

SURE QUANG HERES 36 U.S. DOLLARS FOR THE MEAL AND I AM GOING TO GO TO THE FORUM AND GIVE YOU 100 POINTS FOR A TIP YOUR A HELL OF A WAITER

QUANG KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR FUTURE I AM LAYING EVEN MONEY YOU WILL BE WAITING TABLES IN A CHINESE RESTAURANT

First 12