keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I really don't see the big deal. The scenario you explained is much better than her being in Child Services. Trust me, if she wanted your help she would ask for it, she isn't a baby.

They even let her use the bathroom so I'm sure when it gets colder she'll be allowed to go inside. Don't overreact to the situation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Police is a good option

Now do you realize why so many kids are screwed up??

Does she do homework on the steps??

Zilla your a good guy so keep an eye on her

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Another option, call the kids parents and say you think that there are some guys driving by watching their kid while the parents are gone, and that you just didnt want to see anything happen to the girl. If they care you would think they would let the kid in the house. Im no expert in child law, but Id bet its illegal to make your kid sit outside like that. Its a tough call, I dont like calling the cops for anything, but if I thought a kid was in danger Id call and feel like I did the right thing,JMO.

later
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave capitalist pig 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by Nats' Fan View Post
    If there is any question about this child's well-being.. err on the side of caution and contact Child Protective Services.
    This is correct.

Asked and answered.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

you will feel worse if something happens,what about the other neighbors dont they see it also/

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    I wish I had a Aunt Jamima type black lady on my street to get all up in thier biznass.
    Aunt Jamima? What does she do, pour syrup all over them?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Call Child Services anonymously. You owe these douchebag parents nothing as far as being "upfront". Child services will look into it.

I respect you for giving a shit, most people don't.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    This is the best option. Call the cops, tell them the situ and let them handle it. It's on them if shit happens.
    Call he cops because a kid has to sit on her porch for a whole 90 minutes? The police have better shot to do.

How exactly is this neglect again?

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

hard situation pal. contact child services, have them take a look at the situation.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

Call he cops because a kid has to sit on her porch for a whole 90 minutes? The police have better shot to do.
    How exactly is this neglect again?
    i remember when i was a kid and forgot my key, i had to wait outside for about the same amount of time or a little longer- it sucked pretty badly. i wasnt allowed to go anywhere until my homework was done; i think she is in the same boat not being allowed to go anywhere.

i can only imagine if i had to do that every day. shes not a dog.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

i called CPS. they didnt know if it constitutes abuse, but they r going to look in to it.

im alittle worried about the dads reaction.... but if some child molester takes this kid, i wouldnt be able to live with myself.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Now I want pancakes. Fukkkkk.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i remember when i was a kid and forgot my key, i had to wait outside for about the same amount of time or a little longer- it sucked pretty badly. i wasnt allowed to go anywhere until my homework was done; i think she is in the same boat not being allowed to go anywhere. i can only imagine if i had to do that every day. shes not a dog.
    i wouldnt leave my dog out in this weather... its 4C and raining today.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This couple that live on my street have custody of a pre teen girl on my street. The husband and wife leave early in the morning, and they make the girl sit on the doorstep until her school bus arrives, which is usally 90 mins in the morning.

When she gets home from school, she is made to sit on the doorstep until the husband or wife come home, which is another 90 mins in the afternoon.

This has been going on for the last 4 or 5 months.

My wife went over and asked if she was okay and why she was outside all the time. The little girl said she was fine and that she has to stay outside because the people she is living with dont trust her. She said that she can go inside to use the restroom, but that is all.

The husband and wife are total psychopaths. The guy goes in his garage and hits a speed bag for 2 hours straight. I can hear him yelling from inside his house when i go outside.

What can I do? The kid isnt being beaten (that i can tell). Her life isnt in danger. She has access to food and shelter, but this is a clear case of neglect. I feel horrible for her, and i know these morons are going to fuk up this little girl.
    What you need to do is call social services. Upon filing a complaint, they will have to do an investigation and will interview the child and get to the bottom of things. Every jurisdiction is different on how they handle things, but the first step is for you to bring this situation to someones attention. Clearly this has been happening for way to long now. If you dont call this poor girl will continue to have to suffer.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Were your parents crooked lawyers or something???

You have some kind of guilt built up...

Give your inheritance to charity...

raidersfan

i called CPS. they didnt know if it constitutes abuse, but they r going to look in to it.

im alittle worried about the dads reaction.... but if some child molester takes this kid, i wouldnt be able to live with myself.
    Good Job I posted above without reading through the whole thread.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    You could always dress up like a Tyler Perry or Martin Lawrence Big Momma character and go over there incognito and handle it.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

i think atleast deserve a ron paul shirt this.
    Points Awarded:

raidersfan gave robzilla 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Call Child Services in your area and let them hear the story. They will be able to tell you if they can help or not.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i remember when i was a kid and forgot my key, i had to wait outside for about the same amount of time or a little longer- it sucked pretty badly. i wasnt allowed to go anywhere until my homework was done; i think she is in the same boat not being allowed to go anywhere. i can only imagine if i had to do that every day. shes not a dog.
    well i wasnt that concerned when the weather was nice. but now that its cold, its a different story.

gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9025

call child services, get these check collecting bums off the list of foster parents...just hoarding foster kids to get a state check

Takethebooki
    chizzy owes me 330 pts?
    Takethebooki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

ASk the girl you ****.

if she is old enough to ride the bus do her school work and be home alone she has a ******* voice.

I bet she doesnt want to be in child services custody. shit sucks dick. Im sure she will be let inside once it gets cold. if not then scream at the neighbor and threaten them to call child services. THey will let her in.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

step 1. goto one of those websites that lists all the sexual predators living in your neighborhood. print it out and tape it to her forehead.

step 2. if she is still outside next day, call child services. they will never know who snitched. itll just be our little secret.

warning: if your name is on that list, skip step 1 and go directly to step 2.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethebooki View Post
    ASk the girl you ****. if she is old enough to ride the bus do her school work and be home alone she has a ******* voice. I bet she doesnt want to be in child services custody. shit sucks dick. Im sure she will be let inside once it gets cold. if not then scream at the neighbor and threaten them to call child services. THey will let her in.
    if i found out i caused her to be in child services custody, id adopt the kid myself.

raidersfan

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    step 1. goto one of those websites that lists all the sexual predators living in your neighborhood. print it out and tape it to her forehead.

step 2. if she is still outside next day, call child services. they will never know who snitched. itll just be our little secret.

warning: if your name is on that list, skip step 1 and go directly to step 2.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

The OP says that "they have custody" of the preteen girl, which means the child isn't theirs, possibly some foriegn exchange student or foster child. I'd go to the police and let them know what is up. They could then in turn get with the proper people to get the girl away from that home. To the OP you could annonomously call the police and let them know, therefore you won't be found out if you are afraid of the neighbor doing some sort of retaliation.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I don't know, a kid away from tv for 3 hrs everyday and her schoolbooks with her? This is how people come up with great inventions, classic novels, etc. and you could screw it all up by interfering!

I'm just kidding do what you think is best.

First 12