Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

LA was the original home of the Chargers. I wouldn't mind at all. They should rename us SC Chargers, cuz we represent Southern California.

Catch the BOLT, before ya get SSHHOOCCKKEEDD!!!!

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

naw.... chokers need to remain where they are.

testertips

i'd take the jaguars over the chokers

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    They have track stars, not wide receivers. Athletic? Yes. Pass catchers, route runners, thinkers? No.

Palmer was below average when he was playing with veterans who knew the game, playing with these guys will be worse.

You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. The Raiders have one of the best young wide receiver groups in the whole league. They might be the fastest as well.

All Palmer needs to be is accurate and it's a done deal.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    haters guuuuuuuuna hate

make sure to put the farm on KC
    being a homer and all, are you going to put your money on a guy that hasn't taken a snap all year, hasn't practiced, hasn't been blindsided and knocked on his ass yet, doesn't know the playbook and won't know it come game time? Do you honestly believe KC's defense is going to let McFadden run on them knowing the things I just pointed out?

simple answer is No, they aren't. They are going to make Palmer beat them with the pass and he and his receivers will NOT be on the same page of the playbook. Palmer's brain will still be having flashbacks to the Bengals playbook when split second decisions have to be made. Trust me on this one. Not only will he have trouble connecting with receivers on timing patterns down field, he will have a rough time dumping passes off to his RB's accurately on the short routes.

So to cover your wager, now you are banking on your defense and special teams to put points on the board for you to get the W and even then there is no guarantee they cover the 4 - 5 points you are laying.

logically, it's KC or nothing here.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    yea..um.... not happening.

It already has.

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    i'd take the jaguars over the chokers
    Fo real?? Jags over Chargers, eh?

Aw-ight,

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Two 1st-Rd picks for a washed-up QB? Did Al make this trade from the grave.

Guaranteed, this guy tries to win the game on his own and F's it up.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    If you don't want to be around Philly fans then get out of Philly B.

Palmer makes the Raiders a Super Bowl contender for sure. They are going to stomp a mudhole in the Chiefs azz this week.

Here is a picture of carson Palmer YOU will probably enjoy

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Two 1st-Rd picks for a washed-up QB? Did Al make this trade from the grave.

Guaranteed, this guy tries to win the game on his own and F's it up.
    i actually dont think he (AL)would of made this trade, i know Campbell got injured but i think Al liked Pryor alot and he would probably be starting against the Cheifs.....im a little suspect of Palmer, but Hue must see something in the guy

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

It already has.

Romo threw to a practice squad guy ... whats your point ? Anybody can make a big play once or twice. I actually picked the raiders to win the division before hand, but what has Palmer done to prove that he is such a major factor ?

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post

being a homer and all, are you going to put your money on a guy that hasn't taken a snap all year, hasn't practiced, hasn't been blindsided and knocked on his ass yet, doesn't know the playbook and won't know it come game time? Do you honestly believe KC's defense is going to let McFadden run on them knowing the things I just pointed out?

simple answer is No, they aren't. They are going to make Palmer beat them with the pass and he and his receivers will NOT be on the same page of the playbook. Palmer's brain will still be having flashbacks to the Bengals playbook when split second decisions have to be made. Trust me on this one. Not only will he have trouble connecting with receivers on timing patterns down field, he will have a rough time dumping passes off to his RB's accurately on the short routes.

So to cover your wager, now you are banking on your defense and special teams to put points on the board for you to get the W and even then there is no guarantee they cover the 4 - 5 points you are laying.

All Palmer has to do is not turn the ball over, the Oline is playing sick and Dmac will carve the chefs.....i think he'll make his short passes with ease and oaks playing better D every week, BOL
    Last edited by 305GURU; 10-19-11 at 07:44 PM.

testertips

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post

i don't play the raiders as i'm a fan and it skews the judgement... i'm speaking for all you haters. sounds like you make a good argument to putting the farm on KC. put your money where you mouth is kids.

testertips

Quote Originally Posted by Boltafied View Post
    Fo real?? Jags over Chargers, eh?

Aw-ight,

haha ya, i just don't like the chokers. being a raiders fan it goes hand in hand

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

the terrible trade aside, Palmer is STILL an upgrade over the bumbling, slow and ineffective Jason Candle. I watched him as a Skins' fan these past 5 years and he would never have taken the Raiders anywhere this year or any other. Just my two cents.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palmer has been unhappy for years now in Cinnci,because of the circus show clowns he had as WRs,this will affect any QBs production drastically.

Palmer looks very happy now/reborn in his interview this morning,Raiders players will support him immediately and you will see it on the field come Sunday

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

yeah Palmer is gonna be rejuvenated. KC is horrible and Oakland will be pumped at home, I see them winning by 10.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

KC, wins this game boys period.....I'll be back

PAULYPOKER

Palmer starts sped-up process to being Raiders' QB |

Coach Hue Jackson believes Palmer is the ideal fit, having recruited and coached him at USC and been an assistant in Cincinnati.

Raiders' Jackson: Palmer deal the 'greatest trade in football'
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 10-19-11 at 08:59 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

When Palmer does pass, and these guys drop em or they aren't in the right place (not as good as Ocho or Housh in their time) Palmer is going to get mad, rattled... and do some bad things.

I don't buy it. AT ALL.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

are some of these people talking about the same carson palmer?????

they're obviously not, since the real carson palmer had a great season with 3970 passing yds (more than rodgers or brady), 26 tds, 82.4 qb rating. sure, he threw too many ints, but brees and eli threw more.

definately not the same guy who led the bungholes to a division title just 2 seasons ago, yes, the same division with the ravens and steelers!

the reason palmer threw so many picks is simple. he started taking more chances once the season was in the toilet, as he threw 12 ints in the 2nd half of the season. he was also hurt by the fact that he didn't have a reliable check down back on blitzes. but now he's got mcfadden who has excellent hands and caught 47 passes for 500 yds last season.

he's also now got a stud o-line that has given up an NFL low in sacks. he didn't trust his o-line in cincy (especially after that playoff game) and hurried a lot of throws at wrs that would stop running and not finishing routes (you know who). still, he made a washed up owens look good. plus he doesn't have to face the tough ravens & steelers defenses 4 times a year.

all palmer has to do is lead the raiders to the playoffs to justify the price. something the raiders haven't done since 2002-3!!!!!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They can start Jamarcus Russell if they want and they can still beat this awful Chiefs team.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carson has the 26th best total QBR his last 2 seasons, just to pile on. Its going to be hilarious watching all these threads fall to the bottom once raiders fans actually see palmer play.

PAULYPOKER

I think the Raiders will now go back to the Rich Gannon days,they were a offensive powerhouse,Palmer will definitely be the Raiders best QB since Gannon for sure...........

Remember, Gannon was mediocre until he went to the Raiders to become a top rated QB...........

testertips

your math is off bruh.... 16th in 2010 and 20 in 2011 = 18th in the past 2 seasons. anyway, we'll just have to wait and see

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Carson has the 26th best total QBR his last 2 seasons, just to pile on. Its going to be hilarious watching all these threads fall to the bottom once raiders fans actually see palmer play.

qbr says tebow was better than rodgers last week.

it's the biggest joke since the creation of the xfl.

zsr

Ok, then we can go by his actual stats which have him as a below average quarterback. Lol oh god your the guy who said palmer is better than rivers troll someone else. Im going to lol after you see the palmer you got is nowhere near the guy who was mvp caliber before arm and leg injuries.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Ok, then we can go by his actual stats which have him as a below average quarterback. Lol oh god your the guy who said palmer is better than rivers troll someone else. Im going to lol after you see the palmer you got is nowhere near the guy who was mvp caliber before arm and leg injuries.
    no one said palmer was better than rivers. i said their careers were comparable, which they are as their numbers are similar across the board.

you're the coward who got pummeled in the original argument and tried to change history by acting like the original argument was just about past 2 seasons. mission failed.

but nothing's as idiotic as your claim that orton is better than palmer.

zsr

Crusty, lets have a calm coversation here. I posted the stats yesterday, since palmer suffered his knee and elbow/arm injuries, Orton is a better quarterback. Thats in the numbers.

Also, im just curious why it matters what palmer did his first 5 years? You realized he missed almost an entire season and has not been the same guy since, right? Thats what we have to go by, theres no way he magically reverts back to his elite self.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Play the under, expect the Raiders to play ball control....vanilla until Palmer can get acclimated with the playbook.

Mrecko21
    Mrecko21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palmer is healthy and well rested. He has a career 63% accuracy rating. Put a healthy and accurate Palmer on Oakland and the rest of the NFL needs to worry.
    I was then i seen your avatar and realized you probably dont know anything about football

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    qbr says tebow was better than rodgers last week.

it's the biggest joke since the creation of the xfl.
    So what? He was better last week. It rewards rushing QB's a lot more obviously.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

squares will be all over KC...raiders ML and under

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    squares will be all over KC...raiders ML and under
    Not even close, squares are on Oakland believing Palmer is the Messiah. 81% are on Oakland so far through 9000 bets, this is a heavily bet game for two so-so teams.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not even close, squares are on Oakland believing Palmer is the Messiah. 81% are on Oakland so far through 9000 bets, this is a heavily bet game for two so-so teams.
    Ohh, didn't know Kansas City was a so-so team. Thanks for that update.

First 123456 Last