GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Takes for October 19 2011

Wildcard Wednesday kids… the day we take a break from football as I put away my Brandon Marshall Voodoo doll (with the pins still in the proper places) and send my lucky quarter to the cleaners so it’s nice and shiny when I use it for my picks. Oh and I’ve decided today that like ESPN I will take everything seem more monumental by placing a “gate” after it… let’s see if it helps…

The Fall Classic-gate
    The World Series begins tonight as it pits the Cards against the Rangers in the Fall Classic –but if baseball doesn’t wise up soon and shorten its ridiculous 162 game schedule (let alone add an extra wildcard game and two more travel days)—this thing is going to be called “The Falls on the 2nd day of Winter classic”. That aside, as a transplanted Phillies fan living in NYC, it was hard to follow the post-season when both teams made what is becoming their annual early. I’m not sure what’s more impressive; A-Rod and his milestone of being first man ever to strike out in ousting his team from the postseason two years in a row or Ryan Howard who became the first man ever to strike out THREE times in a playoff game in 10 times.
    Say what you want about Terry Francona and clubhouse-gate (see what I did there) but if ever there was an argument for drinking in the clubhouse it is the Phils and Yankees; because say what you want about the “Sawx” collapse but they went down in dramatic fashion in a roller coaster of high scoring games that came down to the last inning of game 162. As a fan, I’ll take that any day over hopelessly watching a bat sit on Howard and A-Rod’s shoulder because ya gotta believe a beer or two would have made both a little more aggressive at the plate because drinking in baseball is like drinking at a trailer park—after a few beers you’re a lot less hesitant to take a swing or two… and after you do you can deal with the consequences in a trailer over a bucket of fried chicken. So cut the Bosox a little slack because, last I checked, they have a pair World Series rings in this decade (which Alex Trebeck would tell you began in 2001, not 2000) to the Phils and Yanks lone one; and while Howard and A-rod may never see a World Series ring playing like they do, they may commemorate a new piece of baseball jewelry for their dubious achievements—the silver choker.

Geno’s prediction: Rangers in 6 games… they’re just hungrier

NBA Strike hits 101 days -gate
    Look I’m sick of the NBA strike and these idiots thinking they are worth our time let alone more exciting to watch than College Hoops. Don't they realize that the longer they strike, the more TV will have to compensate with far more exciting NCAA games? So take your time idiots. That said, just to keep sharp lets see how many gags we can work in about the strike that everyone can use at the office to impress their friends with basketball knowledge and the sharp wit that is Geno’s Picks. And here’s the even more awesome part, with these nimrods out of training camp they provide us with endless fodder so, for the sake of brevity, I will just make the joke while linking it to the full story.

Wow, 101 days? The NBA strike has hit more days than Ron Artest has Pistons fans.

Pete Carroll said “there’s a Seahawk’s jersey with your name on it LeBron,” Really Pete, can LeBron play offensive line because you’re quarterbacks see less protection than the after prom at a Puerto Rican High School.

Michael Jordan admitted he recently said to President Clinton "You're going to play from the little girls' tee?" but they don’t tell you Clinton said “Yup, maybe next week we can hit from the whites, bring your father.”

Will Smith just bought part ownership of his hometown 76ers… probably a bad PR move for Smith because now that he’s linked himself to that floundering franchise, his name will pop up everytime someone googles the word “failure.”

Oh and one more reprint because it fits here and really will make a splash on your twitter page. The NBA has canceled the first two weeks of the season?!?!?! Big deal, the only thing more boring than the first two weeks of the NBA season are the first three quarters of an NBA game.

Geno’s Prediction: they will play the entire season in one month by playing three games a night in which they only play the fourth quarter of each game.
    Last edited by GenosPicks; 10-19-11 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typo's.. and more typo's.. and a few more typo's