aortega521
    aortega521's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

World Series Game 1: Rangers @ Cardinals

New to the board I took the -119 money line for the Cards cause of the pitching matchup. Opinions?

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

I'm on opie's Rangers at +money. Think I got em at +114.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I NEVER THOUGHT CARPENTER WAS A GOOD PITCHER NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN HE IS SANDY KOUFAX WAS CARPENTER ANY GOOD ALL YEAR LONG OR HAS HE JUST CAUGHT FIRE IN THE PLAYOFFS?

THE OVER UNDER IS 7 1/2 MAN I WOULD THINK THE OVER IS LOOKING GOOD I CERTAINLY DONT EXPECT CARPENTER TO PITCH ANOTHER GREAT GAME HE IS SO HITTABLE

CARPENTER WAS A BUM IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE HE GOES OVER TO THE NATIONAL LEAGUE AND NOW HE'S SANDY KOUFAX HE IS GOING TO GET BLASTED TONIGHT

qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

CARPENTER IS 7-2 IN HIS PLAYOFF CAREER, WHILE WILSON IS 1-4... HMMM

cards..over

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

As a fantasy owner of Carp, I followed him all year. He was very hittable in most of his starts, but when he was on - he was dominating. 8 innings, 4 hits, 1 r was definitely in his realm.

Thing is, he routinely pitched to mediocre NL teams, only daunting lineup was arguably Cincinnati. I really think this Rangers lineup will shock him, and can see a 6-3 Rangers win.

I also sprinkled some on the over. GL!

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Over 7.5 for me. GL

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Can't wait until Carpenter struggles with the top of the Rangers lineup.

He'll finally think he's made it through the heart of the Rangers order.....and then realize that Nelson Cruz bats SEVENTH for this team!

Rangers.

I want it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post
    As a fantasy owner of Carp, I followed him all year. He was very hittable in most of his starts, but when he was on - he was dominating. 8 innings, 4 hits, 1 r was definitely in his realm.

Thing is, he routinely pitched to mediocre NL teams, only daunting lineup was arguably Cincinnati. I really think this Rangers lineup will shock him, and can see a 6-3 Rangers win.

I also sprinkled some on the over. GL!
    Look at Carpenter's September splits ... dominating with 2.15 ERA 0.98 WHIP and .219 BAA. Carpenter ERA since late June -- 2.73. Look at Wilson's lackluster starts in the postseason -- bleh. Small sample size, sure, but Wilson is the sort of pitcher who has to prove it to me. I owned Wilson in fantasy and watched his ups and downs -- he ain't all that.

The big question for Game 1 is the effect of 35 F temps. Carpenter's a tough dude and let us not forget, a Cy Young winner. Wilson is a teetotalling SoCal boy who's been doing cryotherapy sessions over the past week. He'll be crying all right when the Cards jack that high fastball and hanging curve into the chilly night. Cards 6 Rangers 2.