dnange1z
    dnange1z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Total life earnings!

I just want to know what your life earnings are if you don't mind telling.

I made 3 grand my first year, then last year lost 4 grand, and this year I am up 1 grand.

So pretty much broke even. Is there anybody on this forum that consistently win every year? I was just wondering to see where I am at and to see where I want to be at in couple of years.

blanda
    blanda's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

Keep it going, partner!

dnange1z

who is jjgold?

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

bout tree fiddy

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dnange1z View Post
    I just want to know what your life earnings are if you don't mind telling.

I made 3 grand my first year, then last year lost 4 grand, and this year I am up 1 grand.

So pretty much broke even. Is there anybody on this forum that consistently win every year? I was just wondering to see where I am at and to see where I want to be at in couple of years.
    Forget about gambling and put your money in the stock market.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Forget about gambling and put your money in the stock market.
    In other words, "Forget about investing with an edge, put your money in gambling."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: illfuuptn

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Up $16 life time... last week my daughter wanted a happy meal though... took a big hit out of my roll...

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    In other words, "Forget about investing with an edge, put your money in gambling."
    He doesn't have an edge and you know that. Might as well throw darts at stocks. I like to gamble on the most rigged thing out there. Total dumb asses make millions in the stock market. I have yet to see that in sports investing.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 10-20-11 at 07:25 PM.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by dnange1z View Post
    who is jjgold?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

He doesn't have an edge and you know that. Might as well throw darts at stocks. I like to gamble on the most rigged thing out there. Total dumb asses make millions in the stock market. I have yet to see that in sports investing.
    Why are you on this site? Isn't there stock market forums?

dnange1z

i have heard it's not a good time to mess with the stock market.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Why are you on this site? Isn't there stock market forums?
    I'm sorry I forgot to get your permission to post here. Did it ever occur to you that someone could post on two different internet forums?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

My dad's buddy had over 20 mill in the stock market in the early 2000's. He showed me his portfolio when we were on vacation one time it was ridiculous. And now...All gone.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correction: You've seen rich guys trust their money with financial advisers and mutual funds and earn the market rate of return which equals out to a lot of money when the investment in 20mil.

Real world rich people don't see sports betting as a legitimate investment so they turn to stocks. But you are sorely mistaking if you think the stock market yields a higher return for an experienced investor than the betting market does for an experienced bettor.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post

Correction: You've seen rich guys trust their money with financial advisers and mutual funds and earn the market rate of return which equals out to a lot of money when the investment in 20mil.

Real world rich people don't see sports betting as a legitimate investment so they turn to stocks. But you are sorely mistaking if you think the stock market yields a higher return for an experienced investor than the betting market does for an experienced bettor.
    Warning tldr;

Both of these statements are true. I would guess the majority of people probably lack the intelligence, drive or discipline to gain the edges that they need to overcome the vig in sports betting. Also its a common myth that if you can beat sports betting at small stakes, you could just build up your betting pool and beat sports for massive amounts. Books are going to cut you off, your not going to be able to get down the money down that you want at sweet opening numbers - so your competition absolutely gets harder as you go up in stakes. I get away with a lot of stuff that I would not get away with if I was gambling higher. I am also guessing that both of the posters that I have quoted know this anyway, but some people don't.

People without an edge in either (ie about 95% of people) are better off investing money into the stock market with a long term outlook. Justin7 quoted the numbers for the American stockmarket (I'm an Australian) in his book - but basically you have a high probability of a +ev investment investing in a range of big, well respected stocks over the long term (at least 10-20 years). However if you do have an edge in the sportsbetting market it is a nice little earner to have. Guys with an edge who can get down massive amounts of money better off betting it, whereas other guys with an edge may find that they can combine the two strategies. Of course a lot of people who read this (from players talk) will be action craving junkies who are looking to double their bankroll monthly. Their investment strategies (penny dreadfuls, square sports bets) will fail a lot.

Cliffs:
    * Both guys are correct
    * Sportsbetting gets harder to beat the higher you go
    * Sportsbetting is usually more lucrative than stocks if you know what you are doing and can get money down
    * Most of you are better off investing long term in solid stocks
    * Degens will mostly fail in whatever they choose to do

Props to Justin7 (or his co-author) for a lot of these ideas.

Now waiting for epic pwnage from the guys who know a lot more about this than I do.
    Last edited by Duff85; 10-21-11 at 03:32 PM.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

A couple hundred a year with only about $10,000 total wagered in each year.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

For those of you who don't know this low life threatened to kill my mom. Williebee a ex-mod here thought it was funny.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    My dad's buddy had over 20 mill in the stock market in the early 2000's. He showed me his portfolio when we were on vacation one time it was ridiculous. And now...All gone.
    irrelevant. that's a testament to the dangers and damages of poor money management, not the nature of commodities invested in. whether it be a college football team or a new baby formula, invest far within your means and it shouldn't matter much.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those of you who don't know this low life threatened to kill my mom. Williebee a ex-mod here thought it was funny.
    oh.....but I'm right and you're wrong. Must suck having such a small cawk.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

oh.....but I'm right and you're wrong. Must suck having such a small cawk.
    Right about what? I never mentioned anything about yield. I gave an example of how one makes money with no edge in the stock market.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 10-22-11 at 06:36 PM.

dnange1z

sideload what stock forum do you use?