redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

brandon lloyd trade

Brandon Lloyd went for a 6th round or possibly 5th round pick. This is a very low price in my opinion and I dont know why more teams didnt give up higher picks for him. As a patriots fan I would loved to have him runny deep as our main deep threat is hernandez right now. Many other teams could def. have used his talents but why do you think more teams didnt make a bigger move?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nice reporting . Christ. What happened to mike simms walker? What a bust.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 10-18-11 at 10:10 PM.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

He's a 3rd stringer at best

redsoxfreak91

have you not seen the mans hands, he was a stud with ******* kyle orton and tim tebow as qb's. Imagine an elite qb throwing to him. If you disagree tell me why.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Yorky pal, he's better than a 3rd stringer. He has not had a good QB in the NFL

1.448 yds 77 receptions 18.8 avg per catch 11 TD's 0 fumbles in 16 games played last year. I no he's done pretty much nothing before then.

I agree with OP, but see you in chat soon

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    He's a 3rd stringer at best
    Not sure if serious.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Lloyd always had the talent to be a top NFL receiver, if anybody remember his days with the Ninesr. He probably has the best acrobatic catching ability ever in the history of this game, and he does it weekly! Lloyd is a very finesse but quick receiver, he would of made the Patriots easily more deadly. Since he is best suited in a spread offense.

Denver basically gave him up for nothing, versing losing him at the end of the year as a free agent. They weren't going to make it to the playoffs anyways, so he playmaking was really needed.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19339

Seems funny the week Tebow is to start you trade one of the leading receivers in the league for a very low future draft pick. Spare me the chemistry nonsense. Elway and Fox are afraid they would look stupid if they start winning now when many said Orton was no good. It's also no secret Elway goes to the Stanford games every week and loves the "can't miss" prospect.

Adam Schefter also reported Elway is heavily shopping Eddie Royal, so that leaves Eric Decker, a hurt Demaryius Thomas, and a lousy Mtthew Willis as receivers. You don’t see other expendable receivers whose contracts are up after this season getting traded Reggie Wayne, Danny Amendola, Bernard Berrian, Marques Colston, or Dwayne Bowe.

Tebow is being set up for failure.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

two reasons why we traded him. One is like frost said we are losing him anyways. Two is we have demaryius thomas healthy finally and if he can stay healthy will be a top 10 reciever. He was the one we drafted instead of dez bryant and he has been hurt almost every game since. Hopefully he can stay healthy and help out tebow
    http://broncotalk.net/2011/10/26159/...aryius-thomas/

BarkingToad

What do you expect a denver broncos website is going to say, wtt0315? Dez Bryant was drafted lower b/c of off field issues.

wtt0315

yeah I know but that is the reason we traded him. It was public knowledge he wasn't happy with tebow being the starter. Thomas will be a stud if he can stay healthy but that is a big if in my opinion. Decker has shown to be coming out also. We really don't need Llyold. I wish we could have gotten more though.

wtt0315

Hopefully tebow can prove them wrong. I am curious though if we end up around 4th or 5th in draft again if we mortgage everything to move up to take luck

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Seems funny the week Tebow is to start you trade one of the leading receivers in the league for a very low future draft pick. Spare me the chemistry nonsense. Elway and Fox are afraid they would look stupid if they start winning now when many said Orton was no good. It's also no secret Elway goes to the Stanford games every week and loves the "can't miss" prospect. Tebow is being set up for failure.
    +1 Your own head coach and VP of football operations want Tebow to FAIL! This is obvious.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe
    Lo-CalDallasBuKe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post
    +1 Your own head coach and VP of football operations want Tebow to FAIL! This is obvious.
    I don't think they are hoping Tebow fails. I think that they decided to go into rebuilding mode.

They have depth at the receiver position and Llyod doesn't look like he will be resigning at the end of the year therefore they went out and got something for him instead of losing him for nothing.

Tebow still have E. Decker & Thomas and Royal (until he is traded).

If Tebow is the real deal, he should still be able to produce with those two receivers... if not... Luck at number 1 wouldn't be the worst back up plan.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Seems funny the week Tebow is to start you trade one of the leading receivers in the league for a very low future draft pick. Spare me the chemistry nonsense. Elway and Fox are afraid they would look stupid if they start winning now when many said Orton was no good. It's also no secret Elway goes to the Stanford games every week and loves the "can't miss" prospect.

Adam Schefter also reported Elway is heavily shopping Eddie Royal, so that leaves Eric Decker, a hurt Demaryius Thomas, and a lousy Mtthew Willis as receivers. You don’t see other expendable receivers whose contracts are up after this season getting traded Reggie Wayne, Danny Amendola, Bernard Berrian, Marques Colston, or Dwayne Bowe.

Tebow is being set up for failure.

Elway is one of the most overrated QB's of all time. Only reason he won anything at the end is because of Terrel Davis and O-Line. Otherwise he's just a 80 rating QB who fumbles a lot.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-CalDallasBuKe View Post
    I don't think they are hoping Tebow fails. I think that they decided to go into rebuilding mode.

They have depth at the receiver position and Llyod doesn't look like he will be resigning at the end of the year therefore they went out and got something for him instead of losing him for nothing.

Tebow still have E. Decker & Thomas and Royal (until he is traded).

If Tebow is the real deal, he should still be able to produce with those two receivers... if not... Luck at number 1 wouldn't be the worst back up plan.

Royal will not be getting traded this season.

jagaf22

I don't think they are hoping Tebow fails. I think that they decided to go into rebuilding mode. They have depth at the receiver position and Llyod doesn't look like he will be resigning at the end of the year therefore they went out and got something for him instead of losing him for nothing. Tebow still have E. Decker & Thomas and Royal (until he is traded). If Tebow is the real deal, he should still be able to produce with those two receivers... if not... Luck at number 1 wouldn't be the worst back up plan.
    Playing experience wise Tebow is a rookie. Name one other team that would trade away their best playmaker prior to their QB making his first start I could understand the trade if the Rams gave up something substantial but the Broncos gave him away.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Royal will not be getting traded this season.
    Yeah, I also doubt it... but a possibility (what I missed in my earlier post).

redsoxfreak91

The question I was asking though was why other teams did not offer the broncos a better pick. If I were a GM I would happily give up a third round pick for him, and possibly a second if I could resign him. Like I said in my first post, the Patriots need him more than the rams as they need a deep threat in the playoffs yet they couldnt give up one of their ten picks this year?

Educ8d Degener8

Yeah, I also doubt it... but a possibility (what I missed in my earlier post).
    It's not a possibility.

The trade deadline has now passed.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    It's not a possibility.

The trade deadline has now passed.
    with royal, they still have 3 very good receivers. ..... I wouldnt say that is giving up... thomas supposedly have the physical talent to be number 1 receiver on team. I guess now he has a chance to prove it.

Ne may be content with what they have

op913chad
    op913chad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Glad we dont have to face him twice this year

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Orton isn't that bad of a QB,. I am kind of surprised the Jets didn't make a hard push for him. He is the perfect QB for them. He will not lose you the game, and he can make all the right passes to win you the game. Seems to fit their system perfectly.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

its because he is a free agent next season

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post

Playing experience wise Tebow is a rookie. Name one other team that would trade away their best playmaker prior to their QB making his first start I could understand the trade if the Rams gave up something substantial but the Broncos gave him away.
    yea that was a defninate give away.. the leading reciever of last year goes for a 5th or 6th rounder? gtfo hes worth a 3rd at worst if any other team was trading him. rams got a steal

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

That's really low considering there are a few more teams that have need at WR that wouldn't have been willing to offer a 3rd or 4th round pick. The Cardinals, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Texans, Titans are just a few with pressing need and most are in a playoff hunt.

BarkingToad

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    Hopefully tebow can prove them wrong. I am curious though if we end up around 4th or 5th in draft again if we mortgage everything to move up to take luck
    The short answer is yes. Here's my wild and crazy prediction, keep in mind I believe John Fox is the wildcard in all this. I'm not sure if he would be a puppet or is really trying to win.

Elway's self fulfilling prophesy is correct and everyone can say Tebow never belonged in the league. Tebow will never respond to any of his coaches the way Cutler talked about Martz in a game recently. However, a couple of wins get pulled out of the rectal area like Houston last year, and almost twice with San Diego. Miami Dolphins end up with the worst record in football. Miami lures Jon Gruden out of MNF and replaces their lame duck coach and is also ass't GM.

Since Carson Palmer is now the gold standard, Gruden trades the can't miss prospect to Denver for Tebow (Gruden is his biggest supporter), as well as a combination of draft picks and players. The 2012 Miami Dolphins will be the 2011 Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers. No more threats of Miami games being blacked out.

Gnarls Barkley thinks I'm crazy. Possibly?

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

carson palmer - 1st round pick and 2nd round pick
    brandon llyod - 5th round pick

We live in a unfair world

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Elway is one of the most overrated QB's of all time. Only reason he won anything at the end is because of Terrel Davis and O-Line. Otherwise he's just a 80 rating QB who fumbles a lot.

You know Elway took the Broncos to the Super bowl 3 times with a bunch a JV players on offense right

jagaf22

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    You know Elway took the Broncos to the Super bowl 3 times with a bunch a JV players on offense right
    Yes Elway started five Super Bowls. Guy is probably too young to remember the first three.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    carson palmer - 1st round pick and 2nd round pick brandon llyod - 5th round pick We live in a unfair world
    Raiders screwed up on that trade. All those picks just to satisfy the Bengals need to punish Palmer.
    Raiders acted desperate and paid for it.

redsoxfreak91

The question I was asking though was why other teams did not offer the broncos a better pick. If I were a GM I would happily give up a third round pick for him, and possibly a second if I could resign him. Like I said in my first post, the Patriots need him more than the rams as they need a deep threat in the playoffs yet they couldnt give up one of their ten picks this year?

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

I don't necessarily believe the Patriots needed him that bad.

They have Welker, Branch (making 5.5 mm or so) and Ocho Cinco (granted he hasn't done much but has some potential) and then the TE's in Hernandez and Gron Bro's so they are doing well out there.

Would Llyod be an upgrade over Branch and Ocho? Yeah, however, they already have a good receiving corp and they may not want Llyod as a 1 season loaner for a 4th round pick or higher. They know they will need these picks next year to improve that defense of theirs. NE could also have some belief that Chad Johnson will eventually turn it around ...I doubt it but you never know.

Lets be honest..Patriots problem isn't their offense.. its on the defensive side of the ball.