zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I'm so goddamn sick of the inflation and the like

I'm simply fed up with the economy, the fuks in charge and the media can suck it too. Need to fukin vent. Whether you're a degenerate, a millionare, a complacent poster... whatever, doesn't matter... I wish all of you nothing but success... just fed up with the bullshyt. Good night and God Bless.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Let it out guy

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Inflation is neccesary for the economy to grow in a capitolistic setting. Hyper inflation on the other hand with little growth and high unemployment rates is what drives the economy down.

bet420
    bet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

hyperinflation hasn't happened since gold no longer became the standard. The reason Hitler became so powerful in Germany is because he fixed the hyperinflation problem Germany was having back then. (FEEL LIKE EDUCATIN')

Omarion
    Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capitalism is the root of all economic problems and I guarantee that it will not make the economy to regrow.As it is not the solution and the distribution wealth is not ensured through this system.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

u boys need to step up ur game in a competitive global economy, doesnt mean you live in what u called "greatest" nation means govt would spoon feed everything on u. If your'e anti-capitalism then your'e anti freedom and i believe on competitive free market, what we have now is crony capitalism and people should be aware that politician they elect are for the "people" and not on their cronies that funds their campaign(pretty hard to look for a politician as such). Inflation on the other hand can be cause on a lot of things such as printing more money and raising the price of gas in a global market, remember gas price is not gov't controlled thus a high price of gas means higher prices of basic goods.

PS: if you feel that you're so paranoid of the economy just think about how your'e so fortunate you are compare to the rest of the world who live in poverty but they can still put a smile on their face living a modest simple life.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Go cry to your mammy cause shes the only one that gives a fukk.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

yes the nation is in a terrible position and getting worse by the day. This kind of decline to the country will weed out the weak i gurantee you that...adapt or die

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

things will never get better until housing recovers. who knows how long that's gonna take.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

It is simple. If you want change then stop voting for standard, water carrying, line toting, Republicans and Democrats.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stogies View Post
    Go cry to your mammy cause shes the only one that gives a fukk.
    Ok e-hero... wish I could be like you.

Anyway, my point is simply that inflation is getting out of hand and there is no end in sight. I work in the food industry and I see it first hand every week from my distributors. It's getting uglier by the week and trying to justify price increases to the end user is becoming a difficult task. Bottom line is the only way to fight it is to get creative, drive sales and hope for the best because there's no way this garbage is gonna change. I just want younger posters here to think about this stuff and make sure they understand that success in this world and this economy will be defined by those who are creative and can offer more than most. If your not a trustfund baby being spoodfed by your parents, you'd better be prepared to work your ass off to raise a family because it ain't cheap.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

"get creative" ... like selling 14 oz of cereal in the same size box for that same price that used to contain 20 oz five years ago.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep your head up zammer....There's not anything us small guys can do about it, and for that reason, don't stress about something you can't do anything about.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

We can't compete with slave/cheap labor. Those corporations who do business here, reap all the profits, and benefits of living here, who outsource their labor should be hanged in public. They are the biggest traitors of all.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Irresponsible governments for most of the 2000s in a lot of countries (UK and US included). Now we have to pay for the next decade in low growth and high inflation.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85296

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post

Ok e-hero... wish I could be like you.

Anyway, my point is simply that inflation is getting out of hand and there is no end in sight. I work in the food industry and I see it first hand every week from my distributors. It's getting uglier by the week and trying to justify price increases to the end user is becoming a difficult task. Bottom line is the only way to fight it is to get creative, drive sales and hope for the best because there's no way this garbage is gonna change. I just want younger posters here to think about this stuff and make sure they understand that success in this world and this economy will be defined by those who are creative and can offer more than most. If your not a trustfund baby being spoodfed by your parents, you'd better be prepared to work your ass off to raise a family because it ain't cheap.
    All in all reasonably insightful. Feeding a planet of 7 billion is going to be a chore. For those of you that are not trust fund babies, the food industry in some capacity is an area where there will be jobs and like Zammer says being creative will be helpful to you. It wont be limited to repackaging. I also agree with sportsfanatic, until housing recovers the economy is likely to be tepid at best.

Keep swinging Zammer.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by bet420 View Post
    hyperinflation hasn't happened since gold no longer became the standard. The reason Hitler became so powerful in Germany is because he fixed the hyperinflation problem Germany was having back then. (FEEL LIKE EDUCATIN')
    Um. No. In so many ways. Here's one:

Hyperinflation happens all the time in other parts of the world. Check out Zimbabwe (daily inflation of ~100% in 2008).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperin..._world_history

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    We can't compete with slave/cheap labor. Those corporations who do business here, reap all the profits, and benefits of living here, who outsource their labor should be hanged in public. They are the biggest traitors of all.
    Outsourcing is a result of govt's harassing of business. It's not the 'evil business owner' being greedy in 95% of the cases but rather that same owner trying to stay profitable enough to continue business. Sure there are a small number of players that do it for excessive margins but not the norm - i.e. Apple.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

ProfaneReality

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Outsourcing is a result of govt's harassing of business. It's not the 'evil business owner' being greedy in 95% of the cases but rather that same owner trying to stay profitable enough to continue business. Sure there are a small number of players that do it for excessive margins but not the norm - i.e. Apple.
    Yeah, if only we'd scrap all taxes and regulations then all the money would rain down on all of us. I have heard this before.

Corporate tax rates are at their lowest levels in decades. Almost half of what it was in '96, and unemployment has doubled, with a far lower tax rate

Yeah, it has nothing to do with greed.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Keep your head up zammer....There's not anything us small guys can do about it, and for that reason, don't stress about something you can't do anything about.
    Gaters... you feeling it too? I hear you man, I'm trying not to stress, but small business are being completely shit on and I'm so fed up with it. It's a transitional period for us right now because we are moving locations at the first of the year, so I have been keeping overhead tight trying to save for the move, but it's like every penny I fukin save gets eaten up by a rise in food costs... It's just frustrating to see the cost of a case of salad mix 5 years ago was under $10 and now it's $20. There's no way to absorb that increase anymore... I'm simply forced to take a hit or I won't be able to compete.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Yeah, if only we'd scrap all taxes and regulations then all the money would rain down on all of us. I have heard this before.

Corporate tax rates are at their lowest levels in decades. Almost half of what it was in '96, and unemployment has doubled, with a far lower tax rate

Yeah, it has nothing to do with greed.
    Not saying scrap all taxes a all regs.....just need a balance. And it's not up to business bottom lines to provide for everyone....it's about people showing productivity and progressing enough to provide from themselves.

Regs - the govt shouldn't tax the farmers that feed us extra because they made one extra pass through the crop and kicked up more dust in the 120 degree heat in a drought.

Profits - the same guy who is doing the cash register or fries at Burger King can either sit back and bitch about his current assignment in the beginning...and stay static for years.....or he can show his worth and excel and climb the ladder in the same company....and laugh in 7 years when he's wearing a suit in marketing for Burger King and takes his kids to eat there....and hears the kid behind the counter bitching about how Burger King is greedy and evil and makes him work for crumbs....it's called progression and work ethic

ProfaneReality

Yeah those poor farmers, who receive BILLIONS in subsidies from the govt every year. One of the biggest scams going.

It's not about productivity. It's about who will work for the cheapest. One day it will bite you in the ass too.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I got some good news for you... We are NOT having inflation we are having DEFLATION and that is a FACT!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I got some good news for you... We are NOT having inflation we are having DEFLATION and that is a FACT!

US ppi was up 0.8% and British cpi was up 5.8% today. Deflation indeed....

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Everything is getting out of control and not looking good anytime soon.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We are all going to die one day. A little bit of inflation ain't gonna kill us. What worries me is the stress induced from worrying about inflation. So go home tonight open up an ice cold beer and watch the game on TV and quit worrying about inflation.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Inflation???

Please cite any evidence of problematic inflation. If anything, people need to be more concerned with deflation.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Inflation???

Please cite any evidence of problematic inflation. If anything, people need to be more concerned with deflation.
    He quoted a salad mix. Not sure what this includes, but lettuce always seems pretty damn cheap when I go the grocery store.

bet420
    bet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    Um. No. In so many ways. Here's one:

Hyperinflation happens all the time in other parts of the world. Check out Zimbabwe (daily inflation of ~100% in 2008).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperin..._world_history

Benj Im well aware this happens in shitholes

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Social security payouts will increase by 3.5% in January based on cost of living to adjust for inflation....all the proof ya need that inflation is hapoening....as if price of goods wasn't proof enough

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    things will never get better until housing recovers. who knows how long that's gonna take.
    housing is not driving this, it is along for the ride and housing was overpriced anyway so it may not "come back" for a long time
    but if housing brings down azzhole banks like B of A then something good has come from this mess
    Manufacturing jobs are what will get us out of this, but of course banks are refusing to lend and no one is doing anything about that

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Social security payouts will increase by 3.5% in January based on cost of living to adjust for inflation....all the proof ya need that inflation is hapoening....as if price of goods wasn't proof enough
    Hence my request of evidence of "problematic" inflation. Here is a chart of historical inflation data:

So please, spare me this nonsense that inflation is suddenly a problem.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    housing is not driving this, it is along for the ride and housing was overpriced anyway so it may not "come back" for a long time
    but if housing brings down azzhole banks like B of A then something good has come from this mess
    Manufacturing jobs are what will get us out of this, but of course banks are refusing to lend and no one is doing anything about that
    Housing is what drives manufacturing.

Omarion
    Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Omarion View Post
    Capitalism is the root of all economic problems and I guarantee that it will not make the economy to regrow.As it is not the solution and the distribution wealth is not ensured through this system.
    Chicago Health Club

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

That kind of inflation is perfectly normal and expected. Inflation is always going to happen. It's like complaining that you have to keep inhaling oxygen. If you can't handle it then you're pretty much hopeless.