jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Did Anyone Ever See A Worse Indy Car Crash Like Yesterday?

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

RIP Dan Wheldon
    Unbelievable wreck, god rest his soul

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Hope the organisations that run this event are held accountable here. Stupid having so many cars on such a tight circuit at that speed....

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I'm amazed more drivers weren't killed, that was ugly. Poor guy left behind two kids, what a shame.
    Last edited by JBC77; 10-17-11 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Which car is Dan Wheldon's? They will never spotlight or highlight his car. I'm just wondering if he died instantly and they didn't want to say it.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah not smart to have that type of car racing on that type of track with so many cars out there. very sad

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Wow been watching Nascar and Indy Cars since i was a kid.This was the worse crash in racing History for me.1975 Was the Previous that was the year the worse driver in racing history Salt Walther crashed in the fence as the race started.Very sad was taping the race was going to watch after the games finished but i did delete it.Danica was interviewied after the accident, i read that she had a sick feeling in her stomach all morning leading up to the race and she laid back on the bottom of the track and she never does not go full out during a race she said she new something bad was going to happen.Track was too small for the speeds they go and way too many cars.Will be a long off season for the series.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Very Sad.
    3:47 in the vid is ridiculous.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Wow...terrible wreck. RIP Dan

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

that is tough, the man had two kids too. So weird to see that yesterday, and then for them to interview the players right after it happpend, like what are they going to say. What other sporting event would have a guy die in it. Now they are talking about how this track is not safe enough, and had way too many cars for an oval track. I doubt they ever go back here.
    Just to think this all started with two cars that tires touched.
    The guy who hit Dan from behind in the crash , must be going through a hard time. Not sure who it was, but after the impact his car went flying through the air. Obviously Indy cars, are in no way as safe as stock cars in nascar. they are a lot smaller, there is more room for injuries.
    I expect a lot more safety precautions and new technology to come out in the next couple of years, making sure this never happens again.

jjgold

yeh weird how people (experts) had a feeling something could go wrong before race even started

Someone going to get heat

jjgold